I am a Hilton Diamond guest, and even though I really like this hotel property, rooms and location etc, I was really surprised at how average the service was. It is probably the worst Hilton Hotel in terms of service I have stayed at in anywhere worldwide.
I did not feel in anyway, the normal sense of being a Diamond Guest, and I stayed at this property more than once. Felt like I barely got a hello from the reception staff. All times I got a very bad room allocation, that I have never experienced as a Diamond Guest at any other Hilton worldwide.
The executive Lounge manager made me feel like I was a nuisance for requesting a better allocation, and the receptionists downstairs did the same. (I wasn't asking for any upgrade, just a better allocation of the suite room I had booked). Once I was told my preferences were for smoking, even though I had just stayed at several other Hilton's and my automatic preference for non-smoking came through from my profile with no issues.
Really felt like I was annoying the staff to get a room that matched my preferences, which I never even had to worry about as a diamond guest at any other Hilton. Even calling ahead one time to make sure I would get a correct allocation, and being assured, I was still given a suite on tenth floor, despite specifically mentioning in my booking, and calling ahead to request a high floor. As stated, It normally isn't an issue for diamond guests to get their high floor request met. Once again, the receptionists were really annoyed that I was asking for a high floor at check-in? What is the point of being a diamond member at this hotel?
The lounge food and beverage quality is sub-standard for an asian 5-star, and they charge Diamond Guests extra to eat breakfast downstairs in the main restaurant, which is also unusual for Hilton Hotels in Asia...
Had lunch at the restaurant, and our drink order was forgotten, which added to the bad service vibe.
I actually really like the hotel building, and the river location, and also the rooms, but the service in the lounge, restaurant and front desk, was really very disappointing. The cocktail bar at the top was very good, as was housekeeping.
Stay at the Conrad in Bangkok, if you want to see a real Exec lounge, and be treated like a diamond guest. The staff at millenium need some training fromn the peers at Conrad, or Hilton pattaya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok