“Great property, very average service really let's the hotel down.”

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #124 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Great property, very average service really let's the hotel down.”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond guest, and even though I really like this hotel property, rooms and location etc, I was really surprised at how average the service was. It is probably the worst Hilton Hotel in terms of service I have stayed at in anywhere worldwide.

I did not feel in anyway, the normal sense of being a Diamond Guest, and I stayed at this property more than once. Felt like I barely got a hello from the reception staff. All times I got a very bad room allocation, that I have never experienced as a Diamond Guest at any other Hilton worldwide.

The executive Lounge manager made me feel like I was a nuisance for requesting a better allocation, and the receptionists downstairs did the same. (I wasn't asking for any upgrade, just a better allocation of the suite room I had booked). Once I was told my preferences were for smoking, even though I had just stayed at several other Hilton's and my automatic preference for non-smoking came through from my profile with no issues.

Really felt like I was annoying the staff to get a room that matched my preferences, which I never even had to worry about as a diamond guest at any other Hilton. Even calling ahead one time to make sure I would get a correct allocation, and being assured, I was still given a suite on tenth floor, despite specifically mentioning in my booking, and calling ahead to request a high floor. As stated, It normally isn't an issue for diamond guests to get their high floor request met. Once again, the receptionists were really annoyed that I was asking for a high floor at check-in? What is the point of being a diamond member at this hotel?

The lounge food and beverage quality is sub-standard for an asian 5-star, and they charge Diamond Guests extra to eat breakfast downstairs in the main restaurant, which is also unusual for Hilton Hotels in Asia...

Had lunch at the restaurant, and our drink order was forgotten, which added to the bad service vibe.

I actually really like the hotel building, and the river location, and also the rooms, but the service in the lounge, restaurant and front desk, was really very disappointing. The cocktail bar at the top was very good, as was housekeeping.

Stay at the Conrad in Bangkok, if you want to see a real Exec lounge, and be treated like a diamond guest. The staff at millenium need some training fromn the peers at Conrad, or Hilton pattaya.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank BMOL
HiltonBangkok, Director of Guest Services at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear BMOL,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your residence during your recent visit and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Your feedback is an essential part of our efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities.

Thank you for your insightful feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. On behalf of all the staffs here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, I would like to express our sincerest apologies. Since we do not have your email address, we would appreciate if you could contact us at Ura.Rittisri@hilton.com and I will contact you directly. Please allow me to investigate the mentioned shortfall further and to contact you in due time with our findings.

Rest assured that we will continue to work toward improving our services with hospitality and deeply hope that you would give us another chance to prove Millennium Hilton Bangkok.

Ura Rittisri
Director of Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Great hotel, great hospitality and great everything.
Good 24 hour room service, especially if you got company. Nice non-asian food either.

It is located behind the river, but the hotel offers a boat to take you downtown. It takes a while if you get a cab.

Room Tip: The casual room is fine.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear Brun0P,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok in March 2012. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.

If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. All of us at Millennium Hilton Bangkok are passionate about hospitality and look forward to seeing you soon.

Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one week during Christmas, we had a great time. We were pampered every now and then. Breakfast is elaborate but monotonous, you see exact same set of food everyday. We had excellent view (more than 180 degrees) of Bangkok from our 25th floor executive suite. We got more stunning view from the executive lounge, it is unbelievable. The hotel provides boat transportation to River City for shopping and for connecting some part of the city, they also provide shuttle boat to connect BTS. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only downside is the hotel does not have swimming pool for kids although they have a 'beach' at the swimming pool area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Segebaba
Dear Segebaba,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as you and your family residence during your recent stay during Christmas 2012 and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. Your feedback is an essential part of our efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities.

We are pleased to learn that you and your family have enjoyed your stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Your comments regarding breakfast have been shared with the department heads and team members concerned for further improvement.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction. We look forward to your coming visit and may I humbly suggest that you take advantage of our complimentary “My Little Hilton” welcome set upon check in. In addition, spa for kids also available at eforea:spa at Hilton on the lobby floor.

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We had a fabulous experience staying at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok. Our room was luxurious, airy and so comfortable and the view was sensational. All the staff were polite and efficient. We were very impressed with the building and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on one of the top floors, the view is better.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linshimm
Dear linshimm,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok and for taking a moment to share your experience.

We would just like to let you know that we've very much appreciated your comment. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our fantastic river view to your liking.
It was our pleasure to have served you. And we literally cannot wait for your next visit!

Brighton, UK
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Firstly I have to say that our stay at this hotel (for three nights) was free, funded as recompense by the (normally most excellent) Hilton Hotel in Banndung for an incident that occurred there last year (an incident which was very well handled).

This hotel is 5*. So certain things should be taken as read: the facilities were good. The gym was well equipped. The pool was interesting and attractive. The restaurant was good. The room was spacious. So, why isn't it great? My opinion is that the difference between a good 5* and a great 5* could well be down to the little things.

1. Wi-Fi.
Wi-fi is 'free' (but doesn't work) in the lobby. Wi-fi is available in your room (but very very slow) at a cost of around £9 / €11 per day. C'mon guys, it's the 21st Century - Wi-fi is now an essential of life a good 5* hotel needs to offer free, fast wi-fi throughout the hotel including the guest rooms.
2. Hair Dryer.
My wife needs a hair dryer - I dont (please refer to the photo). In the 'facilities guide' in the book it says 'hair dryer in the room'. It wasn't. I made a call, one arrived shortly afterwards. Was the room checked before new guests arrived? Obviously not well enough.
3. TV.
The TV is one of the first things your eyes settle on when you enter a hotel room for the first time. If it's an impressive sight it can colour your thoughts positively. In this case my first thoughts were: 'Cheap, looks like a TV which would have been bought from Argos five years ago for 80 quid' (apologies to any non UK readers for this reference. As it turns out it took us about 10 minutes to set it up). Was the room checked before new..........? I am sure you get my drift.
4. Shower.
Went a bit like this. Hot. Cold. Off. Cold. Off. Hot. Off. Cold. Hot. Off. Hot. Cold. Off. Certainly exciting. My wife and I were at the start of our holiday, the last thing we wanted to do was to complain about everything - and as I mentioned at the out-set, we weren't paying. BUT, had I been staying on business......(well, actually, I wouldn't have stayed long - the Wi-Fi would have forced me to move out pretty sharpish).

The good bits? The view from the top floor bar and the boat trip across the river at night.

In Summary: it was OK - but, such a shame, with a little attention to detail and a nudge into the 21st century it could have been so much more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear NeilandAnn,

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your recent stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared to all department heads and related team member for further improvement. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your comments as it is only through caring guests such as yourself and through your feedback that we are able to continually monitor and improve both the quality of our products and standards of services provided.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you and your wife again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Bangkok is a beautiful city if you are able to explore the city without having to endure it's terrible traffic!! THe Millennium Hilton is a great choice, because though it's a bit away from all the hustle and bustle but it also has great options via waterways to the BTS system so you never truly have to deal with Tuk Tuk's or cabs!! The hotel is situated right on the Chao Phraya River and has a free water taxi that leaves guest right at the BTS Station or you can take the water taxi which is another great way to get around. I am a Diamond Member of Hilton and they provide terrific Club Level amnetities from breakfast, to after noon tea and cocktail hour! The concierge is very helpful in trying to make reservations and offer suggestions on activities and dining options. The staff on the club level is also very helpful and want to give Dawny on the Executive Level and special "thanks" she was terrific in trying to accomodate all my families needs. The rooms are of good size, comfortable beds and great views of the river from the room! Again, if you are looking for a fantastic hotel away but easy to access all that Bangkok has to offer, the Hilton is your only option!

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear PhishyGuy,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your hotel during your recent visit in January and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback as HHonors Diamond Member.

We are very pleased to know that our services, our team members especially Concierge team and Dawny on the Executive Lounge contributed to making your stay a memorable one.

The room was filled with smiles once I shared your comment to the team. I'd just like to let you know that all of the staffs here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok enjoyed welcoming you and hope that we will be able to provide even better services and experience for you and your family in the near future.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Stayed at the Millennium Hilton 5/2-5/6/12 in a King Executive suite. The suite was very nice, spacious (for 3ppl) and had a great view of the river. The view is pretty at night when all the lights are lit outside. The hotel service was great, have nothing to complain about. However, being across the river from all the points of interest and main downtown was a bit inconvenient late at night. The complimentary hotel boat shuttle was quick and always there when we needed to get across to the hotel or to the other side of the river. However, the boat shuttle stops running at 12 midnight is the only complaint I have. I really like this hotel, but will probably stay on the otherside of the river next trip. Please take into consideration that two of us are in our late 20's and the other is in his early 20's, so we like to stay out late and wander around the city. Btw, great room service food. Little cafe/restaurant next to hotel had cheap and great food, plus it was open late. Most of the businesses on the same side of the river as the hotel close early. We booked our hotel room on expedia and the price could not be beat! Our travel agent couldn't believe the price we got! Another great choice of the King Executive Suite is access to the Executive Suite Lounge on the 31st floor. Breakfast buffet on the 31st floor is complimentary and super yummy!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Tracy G,

Greetings from Millennium Hilton Bangkok.

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your residence during your recent trip in May 2012 and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are very pleased to know that our facilities and service provided by Team Members have contributed to making your stay a memorable one. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and team members concerned. And I am confident that your praise will serve to motivate all of us further as we strive to provide the best possible experience to all of our guests.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your friends in the not too distant future.