Millennium Hilton Bangkok
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
6,007 results
All reviewsacross the riverthe executive loungeflow restaurantriver cityshuttle boatwrong sidediamond memberchao phraya riverrooftop bartop floorfree boatboat servicehotel boatgreat view of the rivermain restaurantsaphan taksinlocal market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We started our stay by using the hotel airport pick-up service which was hassle-free. While it is more expensive than getting a cab, we liked the convenience as we arrived at night and were travelling with 2 young boys aged 7 & 9.

We had booked 2 standard rooms but as HHonors Diamond members we were upgraded to executive rooms on level 29 which had fantastic views of the river. The rooms were clean and spacious (although no desk in the room which we thought was odd).

The executive lounge on level 31 is definitely one of the better ones we have been to. The views are amazing and there is plenty of room (seating outside available as well). The pre-evening cocktails are available from 5.30-7.30pm and the staff really look after you. They have a nice selection of canapés and pretty much any drink that you like (cocktails included). They also have I-Pads that can be borrowed for use but there isn't a computer with printer in the lounge, you need to go down to the business centre on level 30 for that.

The buffet breakfast at Flow was great. There is a good selection of food and you have the choice of eating indoors or outdoors and once again staff were extremely attentive.

The pool area is pretty amazing to look at! There are the lounges overlooking the river that are situated in the water, a beach area, the pool and even little private spas with lounges hidden around the corner from the pool - fantastic! There were always plenty of lounges available in the different locations. Our kids used the pool but it was definitely more aimed at adults rather than children.

Have read that others don't like the location as it is away from the main area of Bangkok but we really loved the location. They have a free shuttle boat that will take you to central pier and from there you can hop on the BTS skytrain or grab a ferry somewhere. We also grabbed a tuk-tuk from there that took us around the main shopping areas. At night there is another free shuttle that will take you to Asiatique.

We didn't eat at any of the on site restaurants apart from breakfast so cant comment on those, but it is worth going up to the rooftop bar for a drink and to just enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms are worth paying extra as they are value for money
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Craig W
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Upon arriving in Bangkok we took the airport train into the city and transferred to the Sky Train which took us to a boat dock on the beautiful Chao Phraya River where we were picked up by the Millennium Hilton's very own shuttle boat. After a refreshing breezy ride downriver to the hotel, we checked and to my delight received a double upgrade into an incredibly comfortable room on one of the top Executive floors near the 30th rooftop. This Hilton was so amazing.

Unfortunately not long ago I lost my Diamond Status with Hilton since I didn't travel as much last year, but my current Gold status still has plenty of perks as the staff didn't disappoint and treated us like kings. Each morning we partook of the complimentary sumptuous Thai and American breakfast from the Executive Lounge while taking in the magnificent view of the vast city all while scanning the river in each direction.

We also ended each day in the Executive Lounge with another complementary chef inspired dinner followed by several delightful deserts and nightcaps. The staff in the Executive Lounge lead by Nuntida (Nan) Chowjareon were attentive to our every need. They were incredible anticipating my every need including continuously bringing me a chilled Coke Zero. The were all so friendly and very helpful in even recommending tips on what to do and see in Bangkok.

In fact for our last night, we took their advice and caught the Hilton boat down river to the Asiatique, a really cool riverfront night market with acres of shops, eateries and entertainment. The next morning after breakfast, I needed to do a little online research and buy my airline ticket to our next destination and my tablet wasn't working so Nuntida came to my rescue by letting me use one of the lounges iPad's which helped immensely. After a late checkout, Nuntida again took care of me and had my folio waiting for me to checkout. It's nice when you never have to stand in line and stop at the front desk.

I might mention that just last year in 2013, this property won the World Luxury Hotel Award for Best Luxury Rooftop View in Asia. No doubt about it, when I return to Bangkok, I know exactly where I 'll stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, as each room as a great view of the river!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in the Royal Suite for 2 weeks and i could not fault the service .First i was greeted with a bottle of french champagne . The staff at this hotel need to be recognised as the best of the best a special thanks to APPLE the housekeeper you are one in a million you smile and attention to detail are impeccable word can not express my thanks to you.Next NEE on the executive floor thank you with your help and manner i see you as a future manager of a hotel.Flow each morning was so nice even if you don't like breakfast you just have to go the choice and ambience is next to none a special thanks to Alk(egg) your service should see you in the executive floor.If you want to see 5 star at its best and enjoy Thai hospitably at its authentic best don't go past this hotel .I think Thailand should use this hotel and staff as an advert to show what thailand has to offer no actors needed.I have also stayed in normal rooms and yes it is still wow.

Room Tip: executive floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank chriss1708
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We arrived at 2 a.m. on 24 March 2014 for a room on the tenth floor. Electricity was out so we waited for an hour in the lobby (they prevented us from taking the stairs to our room). The room was lovely, breakfast terrific, but we noticed that water from the mini bar was US$8 per bottle. We never touched the water or anything else but found upon our return to the U.S. that our debit card was hit for $16 for two bottles. My e-mail inquiry resulted in a copy of the fake bill.

Please obtain a copy of your final invoice before checking out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard J
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We've been in the Millenium Hilton Bangkok now for three times and every stay was very good.

The service is very good, the staff friendly and attentive, but without being intrusive.
The breakfast at the Flow restaurant was again excellent

The free shuttle boat is very nice and brings you in a few minutes to the "other side" - and that every 20 minutes.

We enjoyed every stay that much, that we just booked our next stay in December 2014 today.

Room Tip: The Suites are really great. Wonderful view over the river and Bangkok
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Eric P,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We are very pleased to know that our facilities and service provided by Team Members have contributed to making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your 4th, 5th, 6th and so on visit.

Best Regards,