Just back from a two night stay at this hotel. It is my third return trip. This time was part of my honeymoon. As a gold Hilton honors member we were upgraded which was nice and our bed was decorated on our first night as it was our honeymoon.
Overall our stay was great.
Breakfast as always was great. I do wish they did a 100% juice orange juice though, not the Thai OJ which has lots of added sugar. Other than that it is definitely one of the best hotel breakfasts I’ve ever had and is one of the things I look forward to about my stay.
The hotel itself is very grand and the biggest selling point is definitely the view – I could spend hours looking out at it any time of day or night.
I did note that some things seem to have gone down hill a little (in my view). The free shuttle boat is no longer over to River City, just to the BTS stop. This may suit most people but we like to go over to the nearest express boat stop or wander into China town, instead we got the local ferry (really easy to do and really cheap so not a massive problem not having the shuttle boat, but is notable that this service has changed). Also attention to detail in the rooms seems to have decreased, coffee was not replaced, had to ask several times for certain amenities, had a card through saying they’d tried to clean our room but couldn’t as we had a do not disturb up (true) but with false time on it (it was very early in the morning so clearly they should have been past later). Also the concierge could have been better, asked for advice on a small local market to spend an hour or so, despite being clear we were not interested in Chatuchuck (have been before and did not have time to do it justice) the concerirge kept insisting that was the only possible market. We asked for something smaller and more local we were told there was nothing. We walked 2 mins from the hotel to the Klong San Plaza and the market there was great for an hour of pottering, had my nails done and bought a few bits – just what we wanted. It’s definitely not a massive market, but it is a local Thai one where you can get some tasty food and soak up some atmosphere for an hour which is all we wanted.
The executive lounge was as always really good. Personally I wish you could serve yourself water and soft drinks as it can feel overly formal having to be served or go up and ask all the time. I understand why this is maybe done with alcohol, but I don’t see the issue with helping yourself to soft drinks.
The afternoon tea in the lounge was a delightful surprise – we popped in after a long day out for a quick soft drink and a handful of crisps as we were ravenous having not stopped all day and they brought out a proper afternoon tea for us which was a total surprise and absolutely lovely.
One thing that annoyed me is that we bought the map in our room and it was subjected to a service charge!! OK it's not much money but its the principle!! I did raise this as something that was annoying but nothing was done about it.
Having stayed at the newer Hilton for part of our honeymoon I am now feeling slightly torn. This was previous our favourite hotel in BKK – now I feel they have some good competition in the other Hilton!! They both had pluses minuses, I will definitely be back here as we love the view and also enjoy the location on the river (it is cooler), however some customer service was better at the other Hilton (more of a fuss made about our honeymoon/whether we enjoyed our stay/what we were up to each day etc), so will probably split our time here and at the other new hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok