“Beautiful view, great location”

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #142 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room isn't so big but the service is great, restaurants in the hotel really good, but expensive. Very clean, free boat shuttle across the river to the train station. Markets nearby. Not so far from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear BhavsN,

The pleasure was ours to have served you and we hope we will have the opportunity to even better serve you in your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,874)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

WOW- A fantastic Hilton hotel. Arrived late afternoon, delayed by the horrible Bangkok traffic. After some confusion, due mainly to my lack of the Thai language we got our room. The only way I can describe the room is WOW. We got upgraded to one of the best rooms in the hotel with a magnificent 90 degree view of the city and river. Now about the Executive lounge - I have never met a more delightful staff. They are very attentive and always smiling. Loved this hotel and if we ever have the chance to visit Bangkok again it will be another stay for me.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear marlew76205,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We are very pleased to know that our facilities and service provided by Team Members have contributed to making your stay a "WOW" memorable one. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I’ve stayed here twice now, both times in the Exec Plus Suite (on points). It is probably one of my favorite Hiltons I’ve ever stayed at. They have the most amazing breakfasts in the Exec Lounge there, to this day I still crave their breakfasts. And they have some pretty extravagant fruit drinks available throughout the afternoon, then custom cocktails available in the evening (get the Chao Praya Iced Tea). For the price I paid the suite was shockingly large, in a city like Chicago that room would be $1500+/night, at the Hilton it was something like $150/night. Incredible value! The hotel feels modern (even though I believe it’s quite old), the pool up on the 5th floor (or whatever floor it was) is pretty nice, with loungers in ankle deep water all around the pool, a sand area, day beds, etc. My only complaint (and this applies to most hotels in Asia I’ve stayed at), is the check-in/check-out process is ridiculous. It feels like it’s the first time they’ve ever checked anybody in. For our group of 6 it took over 40 mins to get us checked in (my friend timed it). Checkout took probably 15 mins. I don’t understand how this is possible. They need to send some of their staff to stay in a North American hotel to see how it’s supposed to be done. Despite this minor issue (that occurred both times I’ve stayed there), I will never stay anywhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear DylanSmith256,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your Suite, Executive Lounge and Hilton Breakfast to your liking.

Regarding the slow service at check in, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your comment has been shared to department heads and all related team members for immediate improvement.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came and stayed at the Millennium Hilton, Bangkok for a wedding for a total of 2 nights. It is located right on the river and has a great view. Our rooms - all wedding guests - was on the 21st floor. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Best part of our stay for my wife was the breakfast - inclusive. It contained a wide variety and selections of breakfast from American, European, and multiple Asian choices. The flavors also changes on a daily basis so it's not constantly the same thing.

Our friends also had their wedding at the hotel. While the hotel was cooled with AC, the banquet halls seemed a bit warm especially when people started to arrive. The selection of food for the wedding was just average. Possibly could just be the selection and not the hotel, but I found some dishes to be a bit blend.

The outdoor pool is pretty nice. It has a shallow area (just a few inches) with the lounge chairs in the water overlooking the river. Due to the hot weather and humidity, the pool was not cool and therefore wasn't as comfortable as we had hoped for.

We did a river tour that was coordinated by the hotel. It uses local tour guides and charged us 2400 baht per boat (up to 6 people) for a 2 hr tour stopping at a mini floating market (although the brochure showed the actual floating market's photo, and the Temple of Dawn. Each stop is only 20 minutes which really isn't enough. We later found out that you can hire these river guides separate from the hotel at a much cheaper price but we were in a hurry and did not want to shop around.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel and we would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JaKaL02
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been in Thailand many times, but my Hilton stay makes the difference. Staff are very eager to assist you and ask if my stay is as smooth as i expected. You guys rocks! will recommend this place to everybody going for a Thai tour.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a very good view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear rkerzner

Thank you for your feedback and we are very delighted to learn that you satisfied with your stay and got everything you needed.

For your next visit, we promise a better service!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is not my first time travelling to Bangkok. I visited there every year because of good food and friendly people. I stayed at different hotel but the experience here was rather disappointing. Thailand is called Land of Smile but I didn't greet with a smile all the time at the front desk, until I smile to them first.

I am an Asian I don't want to sound rude but I realise the staffs treated westerner better. I was having breakfast and decided to ordered scrambled egg from the chef, I greet him with a smile and he just gave me an -.- expression when taking my order when the next gentleman came after me was an elder western man the same chef greeted him politely at the same time ask him whether prefer extra ingredients for his scrambled egg. Did I mention he asked with a smile on his face? I was there for 4 days and I never seen him smiling to me. I was surprised as the 7-11 staff behind the hotel was way more than this chef does!

My parent felt disrespect as well on the second night they had dinner buffet at Flow and asked bill charged to the room, instead asking for room number and check in the system, the first thing the waitress ask them was did they check out from the room already? It was 9pm at night! They were really disappointed. These experiences made us feel uneasy when we are going to dine at Flow because the way the staff treating us make us feel not welcomed.

Overall the hotel is beautiful, convenient but the services in Flow was really disappointing. But there is someone I wanted to mentioned was Goong, she was the only one who greet us with a warm smile made us felt welcomed. She is the only team member I remembered during the whole stay. And the team members at Fitness centre and the shuttle boat too! You guys are awesome as well.

Will I come back again? No. I wouldn't want to stress myself when I am having breakfast but definitely a yes if all staffs have the attitude like Goong. Please don't ruin this beautiful property with this kind of service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jaz22147

Dear jaz22147,

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding food at Flow Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised. The comment has been shared to Flow team and Kitchen team for immediate improvement.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The rooms are old and dated. Bathroom amenities are minimal, we had to ring to ask for a toothbrush, something you do not expect when paying 5 star prices.

Internet was free and reasonably fast.

Room service was good.

Gym and Pool area had good facilities.

Bottle of water in the room was almost $6. I ate at 3 restaurants, all were nice with good selection. High prices.

A lot of mosquitoes in outdoor areas.

I would not choose to stay here again. Compared to other 5 star hotels in Bangkok this establishment is outdated and overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear MDSL,

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding your recent stay at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Your comments have been shared to all department heads and related team member for further improvement. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Rest assured that we will continue to work toward improving our services with hospitality and deeply hope that you would give us another chance to prove Millennium Hilton Bangkok.