“Significantly Underrated”

Ranked #123 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Trumansburg, New York
“Significantly Underrated”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This 3-night stay in mid-April was my second at the Millennium Hilton Bangkok within several years and I still consider it to be a top notch facility. We arrived on a Monday during a Thai holiday period so it was a bit crowded the first day, especially in the pool. The pool, by the way, is quite unique, consisting of a large swimming area and an adjacent sitting area where comfortable and inviting lounge chairs seem to levitate in about 6 inches of water. And an added bonus is its location, which looks over the ever bustling Chao Phraya River and provides excellent views of the increasingly vertiginous Bangkok skyline in three directions. Check in was swift and efficient as usual, after which we were taken to our King Executive Suite, which was extremely spacious and offered expansive vistas of the city from its vantage point on the hotel’s upper level. But the highlight of our hotel visit was the Executive Lounge to which we had access through our upgraded accommodations. The food, beverages, service, and ambience were simply the best we’ve had the pleasure of experiencing and that includes stays at numerous Hiltons and Conrads in countries virtually all over the world. We were all so impressed with Nan and her team, who went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special. Moreover, I’m certain we’re among a much larger number of guests who would share these unreservedly positive sentiments and opinions.

Room Tip: An executive room is a must
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Oscar L
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Oscar L,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Nan and Executive Lounge team know that they helped you have a great stay with us.

All of us at Millennium Hilton Bangkok are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The room isn't so big but the service is great, restaurants in the hotel really good, but expensive. Very clean, free boat shuttle across the river to the train station. Markets nearby. Not so far from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear BhavsN,

The pleasure was ours to have served you and we hope we will have the opportunity to even better serve you in your next visit.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

WOW- A fantastic Hilton hotel. Arrived late afternoon, delayed by the horrible Bangkok traffic. After some confusion, due mainly to my lack of the Thai language we got our room. The only way I can describe the room is WOW. We got upgraded to one of the best rooms in the hotel with a magnificent 90 degree view of the city and river. Now about the Executive lounge - I have never met a more delightful staff. They are very attentive and always smiling. Loved this hotel and if we ever have the chance to visit Bangkok again it will be another stay for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear marlew76205,

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We are very pleased to know that our facilities and service provided by Team Members have contributed to making your stay a "WOW" memorable one. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I’ve stayed here twice now, both times in the Exec Plus Suite (on points). It is probably one of my favorite Hiltons I’ve ever stayed at. They have the most amazing breakfasts in the Exec Lounge there, to this day I still crave their breakfasts. And they have some pretty extravagant fruit drinks available throughout the afternoon, then custom cocktails available in the evening (get the Chao Praya Iced Tea). For the price I paid the suite was shockingly large, in a city like Chicago that room would be $1500+/night, at the Hilton it was something like $150/night. Incredible value! The hotel feels modern (even though I believe it’s quite old), the pool up on the 5th floor (or whatever floor it was) is pretty nice, with loungers in ankle deep water all around the pool, a sand area, day beds, etc. My only complaint (and this applies to most hotels in Asia I’ve stayed at), is the check-in/check-out process is ridiculous. It feels like it’s the first time they’ve ever checked anybody in. For our group of 6 it took over 40 mins to get us checked in (my friend timed it). Checkout took probably 15 mins. I don’t understand how this is possible. They need to send some of their staff to stay in a North American hotel to see how it’s supposed to be done. Despite this minor issue (that occurred both times I’ve stayed there), I will never stay anywhere else in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear DylanSmith256,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your Suite, Executive Lounge and Hilton Breakfast to your liking.

Regarding the slow service at check in, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your comment has been shared to department heads and all related team members for immediate improvement.

Rest assured that our team members endeavor to make a concerted effort to achieve ultimate guest satisfaction and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came and stayed at the Millennium Hilton, Bangkok for a wedding for a total of 2 nights. It is located right on the river and has a great view. Our rooms - all wedding guests - was on the 21st floor. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Best part of our stay for my wife was the breakfast - inclusive. It contained a wide variety and selections of breakfast from American, European, and multiple Asian choices. The flavors also changes on a daily basis so it's not constantly the same thing.

Our friends also had their wedding at the hotel. While the hotel was cooled with AC, the banquet halls seemed a bit warm especially when people started to arrive. The selection of food for the wedding was just average. Possibly could just be the selection and not the hotel, but I found some dishes to be a bit blend.

The outdoor pool is pretty nice. It has a shallow area (just a few inches) with the lounge chairs in the water overlooking the river. Due to the hot weather and humidity, the pool was not cool and therefore wasn't as comfortable as we had hoped for.

We did a river tour that was coordinated by the hotel. It uses local tour guides and charged us 2400 baht per boat (up to 6 people) for a 2 hr tour stopping at a mini floating market (although the brochure showed the actual floating market's photo, and the Temple of Dawn. Each stop is only 20 minutes which really isn't enough. We later found out that you can hire these river guides separate from the hotel at a much cheaper price but we were in a hurry and did not want to shop around.

Overall, it is a very nice hotel and we would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JaKaL02
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been in Thailand many times, but my Hilton stay makes the difference. Staff are very eager to assist you and ask if my stay is as smooth as i expected. You guys rocks! will recommend this place to everybody going for a Thai tour.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a very good view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear rkerzner

Thank you for your feedback and we are very delighted to learn that you satisfied with your stay and got everything you needed.

For your next visit, we promise a better service!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is not my first time travelling to Bangkok. I visited there every year because of good food and friendly people. I stayed at different hotel but the experience here was rather disappointing. Thailand is called Land of Smile but I didn't greet with a smile all the time at the front desk, until I smile to them first.

I am an Asian I don't want to sound rude but I realise the staffs treated westerner better. I was having breakfast and decided to ordered scrambled egg from the chef, I greet him with a smile and he just gave me an -.- expression when taking my order when the next gentleman came after me was an elder western man the same chef greeted him politely at the same time ask him whether prefer extra ingredients for his scrambled egg. Did I mention he asked with a smile on his face? I was there for 4 days and I never seen him smiling to me. I was surprised as the 7-11 staff behind the hotel was way more than this chef does!

My parent felt disrespect as well on the second night they had dinner buffet at Flow and asked bill charged to the room, instead asking for room number and check in the system, the first thing the waitress ask them was did they check out from the room already? It was 9pm at night! They were really disappointed. These experiences made us feel uneasy when we are going to dine at Flow because the way the staff treating us make us feel not welcomed.

Overall the hotel is beautiful, convenient but the services in Flow was really disappointing. But there is someone I wanted to mentioned was Goong, she was the only one who greet us with a warm smile made us felt welcomed. She is the only team member I remembered during the whole stay. And the team members at Fitness centre and the shuttle boat too! You guys are awesome as well.

Will I come back again? No. I wouldn't want to stress myself when I am having breakfast but definitely a yes if all staffs have the attitude like Goong. Please don't ruin this beautiful property with this kind of service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jaz22147
Dear jaz22147,

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding food at Flow Restaurant. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised. The comment has been shared to Flow team and Kitchen team for immediate improvement.