“Bangkok Highlight”

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #125 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here 17-20july as her b/day treat.Our stay was exceptional with the staff, room and facilities A1The breafast [included in the room rate] was exstensive and to have it outside overlooking the river was great.Their free boat to the skytrain or at night to the night market was great.We used the public ferry next door[25c N Z for 2 each way and found some great shopping, food outlets and cheap coffee house om the riverside.Outside the ferry exit there was a bakery that sometime had large bags of old bread 20Tb or if not a would buy a loaf and feed the fish at the front of the shopping centre,If you are a fisherman one of the fish I saw would have been over 100lb a great trophy fish.Beside the hotel was the Khlongson Plaza market with prices far cheaper than PhuketOne thing I liked about Bangkok was the metered Taxis 40klms from the airport taking one and a half hours with two toll fees of 50Tb cost 500Tb A 20 min ride late at night to Kaosan Road nightlife area cost 65TB. We found on leaving most taxis wont run their meter and when u mention the Hilton the price skyrockets best idea is to say you would like to see the Khlongsan Plaza.In Phuket you pay500Tb for a 10min tuk-tuk ride.We will always remember sitting at the 32nd floor rooftop bar or the panorama room looking at the city lights

1  Thank Wazdot

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was stayed here for 2 nights, overall is good, nice hotel, trendy. However, the staff needs to improve training. My experience is when I returned to hotel to retevieved my luggages. I approved to reception to check my flight status. However, the reception informed me that I have to go to concierge. I was ok of this . But the concierge staffs already engaged to other guests. I line up there in 15 mins even the reception staff was kept talking to each other. A little bit disappointed.

3  Thank Raymond_Choi1210
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights in 07/14 and was very impressed with the caring, good service.
The hotel is clean, modern, has some interesting design features, e. g. lounge chairs in the water at the pool. The river views, especially from the higher floors (25th during my stay) were great. Even better views from the exec. lounge on the 32nd floor. The breakfast buffet was extensive and very nice. Free in room wifi Hilton Honors Gold / Diamond only.

Room Tip: Higher floors afford better river views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

LOCATION
The hotel is located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River and just a stone’s throw from Bangkok's business districts, attractions, shopping arcades, and entertainment areas. The location offers easy access to all modes of transport. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle boats to and from the nearby SkyTrain (BTS Saphan Taksin), Sathorn Pier, and Asiatique the Riverfront. Famous historic sites like the Grand Palace, the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat-Phra-Kaew), the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat-Pho), and the Temple of Dawn (Wat-Arun) are just a short boat ride away.

ROOMS
The room was well appointed, functional, and comfortable; moreover, it commands the spectacular views of the Chao Phraya River and the Bangkok skyline.

SERVICE
I’ve stayed at a number of Hilton properties in Thailand and so far this has been my favorite in terms of overall experience and service. A big thank you to all team members, especially Khun Kanthamanee, Khun Tawan, and Khun Siriphun for their impeccable service.

CLEANLINESS
The room was immaculately well-kept. The housekeeping staff has an eye for detail and certainly deserves two thumbs up.

10-12/06/2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reasonable rates, water taxi adds to the ambiance and the experience. Bar offers great views of the city but a bit pricey at $15 per drink. Also, hotel doesn't offer free wireless to guests unless in public areas or with Gold/Platinum status. Be sure NOT to eat at Yuk Yor next door. Food quality is extremely poor, restaurant is run down nd dirty and English is marginal at best. Wear pants and go to Blue Elephant for exceptional Thai food.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank frankralfano
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are looking for a hotel for your first stay in Bangkok, this is the place to go. With the help of the staff we were able to easily get around Bangkok, and the tranquility and peacefulness of the hotel contrasted the vibrant city in a pleasant manner.

I spent 2 nights at this hotel with my parents, and we were all extremely happy with this hotel! The overall look of the hotel impressive, but looking at the finer details the rooms and certain aspects of the hotel could use some renovation. The suite was huge, and the fold-out bed that was prepared for myself was well above the average size. We all slept like babies!

The only critique I would have aside from the normal "wear and tear" would be that there was no door between the bedroom and the bathroom, which made it quite uncomfortable for me with my parents when showering and using the bathroom. The hotel is suited for couples or business men in that aspect.

We were very pleased with the meals we had at the hotel. The Grill restaurant proved to be one of our best food experiences in Asia, and the service was exceptional. The only downside was how expensive it was; the total bill has been more than double the price of any other meal we have had so far in Thailand! The breakfast was good; nothing out of the ordinary, but they go far to ensure that you get what you want.

The main reason for me writing this review is because we all felt that the female concierge offered the best service we have ever experienced from someone of her field. She went out of her way to get us to where we wanted; helped us plan excursions and spent time explaining everything so that we understood the transportation/answered our questions thoroughly. She remembered our faces instantly, and she made us feel like we were the only people at the hotel! Sadly we don't remember her name, but this is a woman that really cares about what she does and ensures that the people staying at the hotel get the most out of their stay.

If any managers of the hotel reads this review; you must make sure that this woman stays at the hotel as it would be a great loss if she left. She is one of the primary reasons that we will be coming back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stine S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a large group four families a total of 19 people ranging in ages.
We stayed over for three nights . Every morning we were greeted and taken to the same table as we previously sat at. Staff remembered who had tea / coffee etc .
On the 28/6/2014 it was my daughters 23rd birthday,we had arranged to go out for dinner. As there was so many of us a couple of taxis were required.
We had a horrible experience, our taxi driver barely spoke English pretended to know where he was going. Cut along story short all our family had arrived at our dinner reservation that was only apparently they told us ten minute drive form our hotel. Our taxi driver got lost we were an hour and a half in his taxi. By this stage kids were getting scared my husband was getting angry.
Our family were at the restaurant thinking we had a car accident. It was honestly a horrible situation. My husband somehow managed to get the taxi driver to take us back to our hotel.
By this time it was 9:45. The taxi driver was getting aggressive as my husband refused to pay him for obvious reasons.

Jay a female concierge knew we were going out that night as she was trying to organise a cake for me, seen how stressed out we were.
Gathered up the family ( other family members had left the restaurant and returned to our hotel as they honestly thought we had been in a car accident and they thought the hotel would be notified)
Jay rang the restaurant upstairs took us up there personally, rearranged the seating for all of us.
The staff up stairs dressed up in masks etc sang happy birthday and provided a cake.
Our meals were perfect....and whilst it was an expensive dinner it was well worth it.
Jay and the staff totally settled us down went out of their way to make my daughter happy .
We all ended up enjoying ourselves.

Great Service , great food , great experience