“good business hotel in centre of Bangkok”

Millennium Hilton Bangkok
Ranked #119 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“good business hotel in centre of Bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Home away from home. Good service and very friendly. After long day of meetings really felt relaxed when coming back to the hotel. Had some clothes delivered here and the hotel took really good care of the parcel and delivered it to my room. Will return here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sandy m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I just had our first visit to Bangkok and we stayed for three nights at the Millenium Hilton. We were very pleased with the hotel, staff and service. We had king room on 29th floor which gave us a fabulous view of the river and many skyscrapers which were illuminated at night and enhanced the sights of the illuminated ferries darting across the Chao Phrata River.
The hotel is located directly on the river and has it's own private dock on the 'River of Kings' which makes it very convenient for travelling to the major sights of the Royal Palace and Wat Arun. There is an excellent restaurant overlooking the river which serves the largest selection of breakfast choices that I have seen in a breakfast buffet. Adjacent to the restaurant on the walk to the dock is an interesting spirit garden. I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

As a Hilton Honors Gold member I try to use all facilities and take advantage of executive lounges and late check out benefits.
The hotel is nicely decorated and with very well trained staff.
I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was walking in the rain taking an effort to come to this hotel from BTS Krung Thon Buri station, although I realised there was a better way through BTS Saphan Taksin station then taking a water taxi. Once I arrived at the hotel far before entering the lobby entrance, there were so many concierge looking at me whilst none of them approaching me and trying to help with my luggage, instead they are just simply staring at me, and chatting among themselves. I do not think that this is the attitude of those who are employed by a first class hotel with a charming brand name like Hilton or is this just simply a mismanagement, lack of training? or everybody there is a complete ignorance.
If the latest is the case, then this hotel is an embarrassment not only to the whole Hilton family, but to the Thai nation that famous for their hospitality. Maybe my discomforting and emotional review to this hotel is just because I was so tired that day having just arrived from Pattaya from a long hour journey through the traffic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ymaleke
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Yuliady M,

I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. On behalf of all the staffs here at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, I would like to express our sincerest apologies. Since we do not have your email address, we would appreciate if you could contact us at Siriphun.Sriboonlue@hilton.com and we will contact you directly. Please allow me to investigate the mentioned shortfall further and to contact you in due time with our findings.

Rest assured that we will continue to work toward improving our services with hospitality and deeply hope that you would give us another chance to prove Millennium Hilton Bangkok.

Best Regards,
Denis Richter
Hotel Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Millennium Bangkok on the 28th of July for 5 nights, nearly 2 years after my previous stay (please see my previous review on Hilton Bangkok). I booked a King suite (Room 2002) which was large and airy. It also came with an array of executive benefits. It was a great value for money to book for one of the suites if you had 3 people staying together. It was noticeable that the executive lounge had been revamped for its services since my last visit. Staff were very friendly and engaging, politely advising guests who did not comply with the dress code. Food and beverages had also been improved significantly. Hilton Millennium Bangkok has always been my favourite hotel in Bangkok due to its location (all the rooms have a river view) and friendly service.

There had been some minor issues during my stay. The toilet in the living room had no hot water and after 3 attempts, it was still not fixed by the technician, so I gave up! Despite that, I was quite satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Suites are very good value for money.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BirdPinoTrollFin
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were shown to what we thought was a fantastic room with a fantastic view only to discover that the plumbing was entirely dysfunctional. When attempting to turn the hot water on in the sink, the bath-tub turned on (seriously). We asked how long it would take to fix and when we were told it would be a couple of hours, we requested that we be given a different room as we needed to shower before dinner. It took almost an hour and 3 phone calls to the front desk before someone finally came up to take us to a new room, which had a much worse view. No one ever apologized and when I went to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager, I was told she would be forthcoming and to have a seat in the lobby. 15 minutes later, the same woman who informed me that a hotel manager would be coming, walked over and introduced herself as an assistant manager. We literally thought we were on candid camera. She didn't seem to understand that the service we had received up to that point was entirely unacceptable for a hotel that bills itself as a 4 star hotel. She seemed to think that the fact that we were moved to another room was a sufficient response. When she finally understood that we didn't think so, she didn't think to offer us anything (free breakfast, an upgraded room, a sincere apology?) Finally once I basically explained to her that she should apologize she did so. At this point she was dealing with a pretty pissed off American attorney and she became much more helpful, and was willing to comp us free wifi in our room, but frankly it shouldn't have taken all that. Of course, her efforts to help us were almost as comical as our first bathroom. We had a particular restaurant we were planning to go to and asked whether we they took credit cards (many placed don't in Bangkok). She informed us that they did, but when I asked her if she was positive, she decided she'd better call the restaurant. Naturally they didn't take credit cards. She then had one of the valets put us in a cab and instruct the driver where we were going. This apparently didn't go as planned either because not only did our cab driver not speak a word of english, he started asking us (by stopping every couple of blocks) whether we were at the restaurant. At this point, I literally asked my wife whether we were on candid camera. To top things off, the next night, when we went to dinner at the Shangri La across the river, the hotel which told us they would pick us up via the hotel boat that goes back and forth, failed to send the boat despite multiple calls by the restaurant at the Shangi-La. Needless to stay, later on in our trip, we stayed at the Shangi-La in Malaysia. The only reason we didn't give this place 1-star is that the rooms are quite nice. Hard to believe though this place caters to business travel. There were other problems with the service (no effort to provide guidance about how to deal with all the fraudsters around the Grand Palace), but I think you get the point. We were there in September 2011, so hopefully things are better by now.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view looking towards the grand palace.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonBangkok, Hotel Manager at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Travel_Moe2007,

Thank you for choosing Millennium Hilton Bangkok as your residence on September 2011 and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Rather challenging us to go back the record, kindly contact us back directly at Denis.Richter@hilton.com and I will contact you directly. Would appreciate if you can give us more information and your stay date.

Best Regards,
Denis Richter
Hotel Manager
Dusseldorf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Bangkok Millennium Hilton used to be a great location for business visitors as well as for tourists. I stayed at this hotel many times, mostly for business and I was always very satisfied. This time however I got disappointed. It is maybe still a great spot for tourists staying at this hotel for the first time, not knowing better. Especially the executive lounge and floor services are anymore like they used to be. It gave me the impression they were not that much interested anymore in business visitors, offering them great service. Personnel was very young, always needing assistance of supervisors. They most of the time denied benefits offered to frequent visitors and Hilton Diamond members as I am. I need to ask several times for the normal upgrade, referring to my previous stays. When i intended to have a business meeting at the executive lounge with a local professor, the supervisor told me immediately I would be charged for it, even if I had a reservation for two in the room. I am not used to this!!! Besides of these problems with so called supervisors, the service at the hotel is absolutely fantastic. The Flow Restaurant is open for breakfast, VERY good, personnel very friendly and helpful. The upgraded corner room outstanding, view excellent, location perfect. Floor girls ans boys absolutely great, room service perfect!!! Maybe supervisors should have a look at the behavior of the lower personnel!!! It would make the stay of the business traveller much nicer!! In conclusion, great spot for Bangkok tourists, business visitors better go to Sukhumvit locations like Conrad or Hilton. They understand better how to treat business people. I will certainly return, but will call the general manager (Dirk De Cuyper) in advance to be sure that nothing goes wrong!!!!

Room Tip: Always try to have a corner room as high as possible. The noise level is lower, unfortunately you ne...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business