This hotel was one of many that we stayed in whilst on Honeymoon. Bangkok was a four day stop over from a week of wedding madness in Spain. After a 13 hour flight we arrived at the hotel and all we could say was wow! It towers above everything. As we continued up the driveway we pulled up outside the entrance, the door was opened before i had even chance to do it myself and one of the friendly doorman smiled at me and said hello. As we were getting out, the bags were being placed onto a trolly and with a smile the porter stated that they would be in our rooms in the next 10 minutes. We were ushered towards the front doors and were greeted yet again before being introduced to the front desk. On booking in we were upgraded to the excutive lounge and given a private check in which was fantastic and shown to our room where our bags were just arriving, amazing service and easy.
We had booked one of the excutive suites and on entering it, it was huge. We had a window that ran 180degrees of the room and the view was fantastic (The window also had black out blinds.) The room was immaculate, very high spec, comfortable sofas, desk, internet access, flat screen TV. The bedroom was lovely, the bed was huge and covered in rose petals and the towels had been made to look like swans a very nice touch. Im not small,6'5" and the bed swallowed me, my wife is 5'4" and at some points i thought i had lost her as the bed was that big and very comfortable. The bathroom was amazing, huge bath and a cracking power shower + a speaker system so that you could listen to the TV if you wanted. There is nothing that i could fault about the room at all, it was cracking, very clean and very well serviced. Something you learn about the Hitlon/Conrad chain is the magic button on the telephone. Any questions etc that you have press this button and as if by magic there are answered, very handy, very reliable.
The food: two very good restaurants and a fantastic buffet and cheese room. The buffet has food from all over the world served at different food stations. Throughly recommended. the breakfast in the morning was extremley good as well, The Bar at the top of the restaurant is a must because of the view, music and atmosphere, excellent.
The swimming pool although not large enough to do lengths in is very good and great to cool off in after the humidity and heat of Bangkok and the gym is very well equipped and clean.
All in all we were made to feel like royalty at the Hotel. The service and staff were impecable; polite, smart and helpful. The room was fantastic as were the amenities and food. Should you go for the excutive lounge? Thats up to you; amazing view, indoor and outdoor, free wifi, breakfast instead of downstairs, afternoon tea (sandwhichs etc) and a drinks/cocktails in the evening, we felt it was worth it as it made the stay that extra 'special'
To sum it up, if you are here in honeymoon, plesure or business you cannot go wrong. Would we go back, without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok