“Good!”

Ranked #44 of 11,280 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Description: Casual Fine Dining, in an elegant setting.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The place is nicely decorated with grey, black and white tone. Pretty modern style and me and my husband liked it.
The food was very nice and the ingredients were very fresh!!
We didn't go for the tasting menu since there were at least 4 items that we don't eat, such as oyster, carpaccio, pigeon, etc.
The chef was very nice in preparing food for my dietary requirement, such as gluten and dairy free.
The only downsize is that they forgot to put my reservation down when I reserved through the internet. I didn't like it when the waitres thought we were "walk in" clients. The service was not as good as I would have expected

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely restaurant with good quality European food. Portions were a little small for the price, but I think that's to be expected in a restaurant like this. Not very Thai though. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Only problem we had was finding the place, as TripAdvisor often put things in the wrong place on the map??? Google had it in the right place though and we called to confirm it with them.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Whoever thought italian cuisine could be so delicate. Everything was perfect. The 7 course menu is a must. The staff is very very nice and made sure we were confortable through the entire dinner. We did however find it a bit too expensive.

2  Thank PLFMS
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was on my way to one of the bangkok famous restaurant , but the taxi driver lost and stop to ask these people abut the right direction , at that moment just looking to the place externally , I stop him and I make mi decision to spend my night hear . From mi point view the success for any project at hospitality industry depends on several factors , most notably in restaurant sector is these:
1: the accumulation of new experience to the visitor.
2: the food-test provided and the pleasure come from that test.
3: the amount of warmth and intimacy in the place environment.
4: the capacity of staff to use their experience and courtesy with understanding.
5: cleanliness of the place and the cleanliness of workers.
6: the amounts of success to gain the confidence of the visitors to accepting the host proposals , which are believed to be suitable for guests . This surprise me to be all available strongly in this restaurant, but do not exaggerate what I tested that evening was much more than that, it is true that I paid a high cost compared to dinner who is addressed as compared to restaurants and other similar, but considered it very suitable compared to the experience provided by mi wonderful Chris The young chef how com-from the south of Italy and his beautiful wife Carla, our polite host. I am strongly recommend all the visitor to Bangkok to eat a wonderful meal at this restaurant and gain new experience and believe me you will not be sorry , My greetings to all the wonderful staff at the restaurant and I wish them success and more innovation, I will come back the next time no doubt that.

3  Thank ghanem g
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had the 7 course taster menu, and like some of the other reviews say: some of the food is out of this world exquisite. Some, however, is weird and pointless, poorly cooked and quite frustrating for having paid 2,390 Baht. The "Parmesan air" (bubbles of air that tasted like Parmesan!?) was off putting and ruined the soup; the "basil emulsion" (similarly gaseous basil, inexplicably!?) wasn't good at all either. Some of the other food was amazing - like an explosion of very powerful flavours, each of which you could identify separately which made the mixture even more gorgeous to taste - but it was too hit and miss, and occasionally very very poor, to be given any more than 2*. Wine was good, service was exceptional; we even met the chef who personally took time out to speak to everyone there. We were first time visitors on one of only four tables, to be fair, but I get the impression they'd be like that if they were full as well.

All in all: great service, occasionally outstanding food, very knowledgable main waiter but, even for a real foodie like me that likes literally every food there is apart from baked beans, and enjoys trying new things especially when it's a bit out of the ordinary: some of the food was so poor it really felt like a let down after having read the other reviews. The beef was terribly cooked, I mean really terrible, appallingly fatty as well. I'm glad I tried here, but never again.

8  Thank MarcusAsterix