“The BEST place to stay in Silom” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok

Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok
Ranked #132 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Denpasar, Indonesia
“The BEST place to stay in Silom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have stayed at the Bandara Suites a few times and cannot recomend it high enough.
Perfect location (close to night markets/shopping/night life) but far enough to have breathing space.
The Bandara is a fully equipped apartment so you have room to move.
The staff here are also incredibly helpful and friendly, but not overbearing.
High praise to the great team at Bandara, look forward to seeing you again soon.
Michael Oliver
Perth Australia

Room Tip: Aim for non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael O
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Sawasdee krab!

many thanks for your posting here on Trip Advisor. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for the 5 rating!!

We do hope that we can welcome you back once again on your next visit to Bangkok.

With best regards from all the team..

Regards

Bandara Suites Silom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed there already 3 times and the last time with family was a special experience. We unfortunately checked out without the jewelry of my wife and were shortly after contacted by the Hotel, that they had found some of our valuable belongings and will keep it in the hotel safe till we pick it up. We can’t thank enough the room maid for her exceptional honesty and K. Ekanan from the front office for his effort to contact us.
As I choose in BKK the hotels depending on the location of business, the Bandara Suite is the best choice for me in this area. Close to many embassies, short way to the toll way and in reachable distance to MTR and subway. The suite rooms are spacey and clean and real value for money. All staff in the hotel is very nice, friendly and helpful.
The only down grate is for me the breakfast. I feel like it doesn't belong to the rest of the hotel and sending me from the breakfast room back to the reception to purchase first the ABF vouchers was not the most service minded idea. I don’t know about other guests, but I’m happy to pay a bit extra to get some proper food. Paying a few more Baht and changing the attitude of staff in the breakfast room would make easily a difference.
Anyway, overall I can defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a good deal and I am very glad that the staff from this hotel is so honest and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom,

We are delighted to see that our team looked after you well and we managed to securely return your personal items by hand last week. Our Housekeeper who found the belongings has been with us for over 10 years and a valuable member of the team. Upon your depature, within 30 minutes, the items were hand delivered to my office and placed into the hotel safe until we could contact you. Having completed the guest registration card in full, it was easy to contact you.

Thank you for your comments in regards ot the breakfast coupons. At front desk we offer a pre paid breakfast coupon which offers guests a good value for money for our in house registered guests rather than a 'walk in' price which we offer to outside guests. We shall certainly follow up about the staff's negativity and ensure that they take care of our guests more graciously. Please accept our apologies.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok and look forward to being of service to you again.

With best personal regards

Ho Chi Minh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here with 3 friends so we rented a two bedroom small apartment of sorts.
It had 2 bathrooms, one an ensuite and the other outside the entrance of the bedrooms. There was also a kitchenette with all basic untensils and a dining table where we threw a little party.
Nice big airy place, very quiet and easy in and out access. A short 7min stroll to the nearest BTS.
Overall a great comfortable and affordable stay if youre travelling with family or in a group. We ended up paying about $30 each per night between the four of us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom!

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that our location served you well.

We are always pleased to see that we offer value for money here at Bandara Suites Silom and pleased to that your group too found that.

Hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon to sunny Bangkok.

With best regards

sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Bandara. It's a 10 minute walk to Silom, or you can take the free tuk tuk they provide.

The room is a decent size, bed was comfortable. Nice pool area to relax in, but the gym was quite decrepit so don't expect to get a workout in it.

I found the staff were always quite friendly.

Will most likely stay there next trip as the hotel offers great value fore the quality of the room and service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased to see that our location and team served you well.

We do hope that we can welcome you back to Bandara Suites Silom on your next visit to Bangkok.

With best regards and many thanks once again,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Our flight from Tokyo arrived very late in Bangkok....and I was so glad that our cab driver knew how to get us to Bandara Suites Hotel in the Silom neighborhood without further delay; considering that it was almost 1:00 am in the morning, if not later!

Upon arrival, the staff at the front desk had quickly checked us (my husband, myself and my parents) in and we were in our rooms within less than 15 minutes. The hotel room was not bad at all! it was actually better than I had anticipated considering that it was a budget hotel. We've requested non-smoking rooms and unfortunately my parents were given a room in which the previous guest had smoked in it. I mentioned it to the front desk the following morning & they were given a new room immediately without any fuss!

The beds were very comfortable and our rooms were very clean. The neighborhood was pretty busy during the day & not bad at all. We pretty much walked to the main road where you hop on the tram above the street level. Lots of places to eat, drink & shop. One night, my husband & I walked to the Banyan Tree Hotel & had cocktails in their rooftop which has a lovely view of Bangkok!

I would recommend this place to my family & friends because it does have a great value. Also, the staff at this hotel were very friendly and accommodating!!!

Room Tip: if you want a view, try the top floors!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BBK-General-Manager, General Manager at Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Greetings from Bandara Suites Silom

Delighted to hear that the team looked after you well during your couple of days stay over in Bangkok.

We do that we have the chance to welcome you back on your next flying visit and feel free to email us directly for our special rates.

Enjoy your onward travel and thanks again for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.

Best regards

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I recently had 3 short stays (in 3 different 'family' rooms) at Bandara. It is in a great location and the room was very good except the air conditioning controls were extremely poor as we had no control over the inside temperature. I had to go and buy a windcheater with a hood as (even with the temperature set to 27) the air conditioning made the room freezing overnight and during the day so that it was impossible to not be very cold. We woke with condensation inside the windows.
I booked for 5 people and beds were made for 4, so I don't know where the 5th person would have slept, but luckily the 5th person could not attend so this did not become an issue.
I did pay for 15 breakfasts (all on the first of the 3 stays) and utilised only 7 of these. I had forgotten that I did not book breakfasts for the 2nd & 3rd stays and two of my guests went down expecting breakfasts. I tried to talk to the staff at the hotel about my predicament but they were unsympathetic and not interested in helping and just said "too bad" and I had forfeited the other 8 prepaid breakfasts. I would have thought it should be OK to use just 2 of these as I wanted to.
The hotel needs to remember that I paid for 5 people (only 4 stayed) and paid for 15 breakfasts (and only used 8). A bit more flexibility should have been showed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geoff P
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A short walk from Saladaeng station, this hotel is very convenient to an intersection of BTS and MRT, so you can get anywhere easily, quickly and with no fuss. The rooms are well appointed, everything worked (even the free in-room wifi, which I've found problematic in Thai hotels). The rooms are stylish with very comfortable beds and pillows, and a lounge chair by a window overlooking the city from the 24th floor is hard to beat. The pool on the 5th floor is modest but half covered so you can alternate between shade and sun, and at night a dip in the huge spa is good. The reception and bar staff were very friendly and efficient. Request for postponing my checkout was received with a 'no problem' attitude (possibly because Bangkok is so quiet at the moment). The breakfast buffet was ok - excellent omelette on day 2 after less successful poached egg on day 1. Friendly security and cleaners added to the general positive tone, as did the tuk tuk drivers outside who overcharge for one way but were happy to wait 30 minutes and give a cheaper fare for the return journey. There's plenty of excellent Thai street food and little restaurants around the stations nearby with fresh food that turns over constantly, and the Central mall with a Starbucks if that's your thing. Seriously easy and no fuss for single, couples, business traveller. I'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sawasdee krab!

Thank you for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor.

Very pleased to hear that our team looked after you well and you enjoyed the rooms with a view across the city.

We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok

With best regards