This place misses being excellent because there are no decent reading lights anywhere but under the chandelier at the dining table, the AC can't be moderated (and is over cold), there's no hair dryer, and other little things I don't much care about like stains in the carpet, a burned out light bulb that hasn't been changed since we move in, and no sharp knifes in the "full" kitchen.
On the other hand for what we are paying we are getting excellent value. We are on the 15 floor and the elevators are the best I can remember anywhere. Most of the time there is one waiting with the door open at ground level, and there must be one stationed a few floors above us at all times as well, because when we punch the call button we have a car in seconds. The doors are on the aggressive side (so one needs to be nimble) and when they close, the car moves and travels fast.
We ended up here because the Overseas Adventure Travel tour we did (Four Ancient Kingdoms: terrific) put us up here, and since we were staying on and had seen the place, when I could book it on line for $50 a night I pounced on it for the additional week. The published rate is around $80, and would still be decent value if you like a lot of room to rattle around in. The bedroom alone is bigger than most hotel rooms I can recall, and the living/dining/kitchen area is maybe 12 by 7 meters. The bathroom is about the size of our entire room last time we stayed in London.
I'm still undecided about the location. For years I stayed in the Nana district on Sukhumvit, so I'm somewhat oriented from there, but certainly taxis find this place easily and in a city this vast nearly every location has its good and bad aspects.
Like nearly everywhere in Thailand, the staff knock themselves out to be helpful.
If I could get in here at this price again, I'm sure I'd return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Bangkok's prime business district of Sathorn Road, Pantip Suites Executive Residence combines the convenience of home with the luxury of a five-star hotel - all within a short distance from the Bangkok's premier office buildings, embassies, entertainment, and shopping zones. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, Pantip Suites is also close to Lumpini Park, the largest park in the central business district of Bangkok. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Pantip Suites Sathorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Pantip Court Serviced Residence Bangkok