“Good stay.”

Ranked #260 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
london
“Good stay.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a brief 3 night stay at Pantip. The staff were welcoming and friendly, sometimes missing in Bangkok. The suite was huge, a little worn around the edges but offered great value for money.
The huge bed was comfortable and the living area could have housed a party for 25 without a problem. I loved the large bath.
Breakfast was fine with decent bacon and sadly poor quality coffee and very weak tea.
Overall a good stay for the money-just a little away from the hub of things to do-great restaurants near by which was a bonus.
My only gripe was not with the hotel but the new attitude of Bangkok taxi drivers-they have always impressed me with low fares and decent knowledge-now they never want to use the meter and offer rates 200% plus of the normal meter rate-maybe the fear of fewer customers makes them do this?? An old taxi driver told me last year during a long fare that they need to take over 3000 bht a day to pay for the cab and fuel and make a fair living. Sadly they have always the same excuse---many traffic take long time---well that is not the case!

Room Tip: All are huge and a decent lift service.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Cairo
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 3 girls staying in bangkok from 24th of april till 1st of may .we choose this hotel after reading many reviews,we were hesitant at the beginning ,but when we arrived we were sure that we made the right desicion.the staff was really good. The room was very spacious ,clean.The Bedrooms were comfy, room service was great.the only comment is about the carpet was outdated and the balconies need to be repainted.over all it was great as it was near lumpini Mrt

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I first visited Bangkok 26 years ago I noticed Pantip and at that time I thought they were private apartments and for many years I have been telling my wife that one day we would live there. In the meantime we have used other hotels in the vicinity but then I realised Pantip was a condo-hotel and just had to stay there. This year we made itand I can only say that I wish we had stayed here many times before. I rate Pantip as the best place we have stayed in Thailand and that includes a certain 5 star establishment in Hua Hin.
All rooms in the apartments are very large, clean, well equipped with good city scape views. The breakfast is excellant with all tastes catered for. The lovely gardens are well worth using for a couple of beers (not over priced) after a hot day. I also availed myself of the courtesy bus which runs you to the local underground station free of charge. Nice touch.
An establishment like this could not be run in such a fashion without a good staff and I found them exceptional in all departments. Normally I try to speak Thai as much as possible but these people's English was so good I did'nt even bother. I should'nt really single anybody out but the doorman is a class act on his own. How did he remember my farang surname after a 16 day break.
Summing up I would say this is top end 4 star and is incredible value for money. Coming back next trip? Try and keep us away!

Room Tip: They say the higher the better. Our second stay was near the top and the room was amazingly better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alistair W
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here last year on my way to Vietnam and Cambodia on an OAT trip. I'd been to Bangkok before and stayed in the center of things so the fact that this hotel is away from the center didn't bother me. Also, I didn't want to go to the trouble of getting baht just for the layovers so I was content to stay close. The rooms are one-bedroom apartment sized so you really rattle around in there. Very clean and quiet. The second room I had had a spectacular view, not of temples but of the outlying modern city. There's bottled water and a hot pot for instant coffee or tea as well as a fridge and stove. Now about the air conditioning and this is the most important thing... When you get in the room it's freezing! There are separate controls for the two zones in the room. The living area is controlled by the thermostat by the door. But here's the solution to the mystery of why it's still so cold in the bedroom. There's a second control on the PHONE! Yes, on the phone!! Once you find that, you'll be SO much more comfortable.

The food in the hotel is very good. Service was friendly and efficient at dinner and from the bar. Breakfast is the typical buffet with plenty of choices, familiar and not.

Be sure to walk around the small but lovely garden to see the koi and interesting vegetation.

Room Tip: The corners probably have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tripper123
Michiel B, Manager at Pantip Suites Sathorn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear tripper123,

Thank you very much for staying at Pantip Suites and thank you for sharing your photos.

We really appreciate your feedback and will be passing on your positive comments to all of our associates.

In regards to the air-conditioning, the bedrooms are equipped with a Master Control Panel on the bedside table which can be used to control the lights as well as the air-conditioning in the bedroom. The in-room phones are placed next to the control panel, which may have caused the confusion.

If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

It's best place for the people who needs calm and quite atmosphere. Locality is very good staff is untrained or less paid .these are independent suits best for the families and groups.can serve more better if owner cares about the litte things

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have only been at this hotel for two days and another eleven days to go.
Being a frequent traveller and have travelled to Bangkok in excess of ten times, this hotel Suite is massive in size and has all the features of home including a full kitchen, dining room and lounge room.The bedroom is huge with extra large king size bed. the shower is over the bath and likewise the bathroom is large. The staff are extremely friendly and the room is cleaned to perfection.
If you are a shopper, the MBK shopping centre is only fifteen minutes away by taxi. Cost 70-100 baht.
This is the best hotel that I have stayed in with the last 12 years of travelling the world.
If travelling to Bangkok it is a must stay hotel.
Bob Alford
Australia

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent with city views floor to ceiling windows opening onto extra large balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Robin A,

Thank you so very much for the lovely review.
We are very delighted that you are enjoying your stay with us. It has been our goal to ensure that your stay is a perfect 10.

Your comments are very much appreciated.

Again, our sincerest thanks.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stay for one night at pantip suites is really the best experiences for me and my wife.. The room is really over big for us, at its nice ... There's separate living room and full set kitchen.. King size bed.. Big bath room.. And also best view of bangkok city.. Located at embassy and green area at Bangkok.. My complaint only on TV.. Still using old TV instead flat screen or LCD...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear fajar248,

Thank you for your kind and motivational words. We appreciate the effort at time you took to write us a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Pantip Suites.

If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly.
We would be pleased to welcome you back at Pantip Suites on a future occasion.