“Quality accommodation, Outstanding Service and a Great Price”

Pantip Suites Sathorn
Ranked #264 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Greystanes, Australia
“Quality accommodation, Outstanding Service and a Great Price”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Some friends and I stayed at the Pantip Suites in January 2014. Having never been to Thailand before, we chose the accommodation as we were impressed by the pictures on their webpage, the Tripadvisor reviews and the reviews of the hotel on other websites such as Agoda and Booking.com. The complex itself is situated away from the central busy streets of Bangkok, however is close enough to access public transportation and other infrastructure easily. The staff working at the Pantip Suites were absolutely fantastic, showing a high level of professionalism and dedication to customer service, going the extra mile to help us organise our day to day activities in Bangkok. The gardens, pool, gym and guest areas of the hotel were immaculate and beautiful, and the breakfast service was great as well. The apartment itself was spacious and pleasant. It did have a few issues such as the bathrooms were a little out dated and the TV did not work, however these were only minor flaws, as most of our time was spent out enjoying Bangkok. The apartment itself also had fantastic views of the city and surrounding neighbourhood. The hotel staff also helped organise a dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya River (including transfers) which was fantastic and a lot of fun.

I would definitely be staying at the Pantip Suites if I return to Bangkok in the future, and would highly recommend it to anyone else travelling to Thailand.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great and Grand accommodation is what Pantip is all about.We enjoyed our stay here, staff was most courteous and helpful. Location is nice and lots of eating places are closeby.
Do not forget to carry a small scissors to cut open the wrapping of soap bar.
Nice view of Down Town Bangkok from higher floors.

Room Tip: Higher floors on east side are recomended
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Narak29, Manager at Pantip Suites Sathorn, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Dear Prashar26

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us on tripadvisor. I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and I was pleased that the team were able to display their excellent friendliness and helpfulness during your stay.

We continually aim to deliver high standards of hospitality to delight our guests and I am very pleased that you experienced this from the team.

Thank you for your stay. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

With kind regards

Narak Rasri
Operation Manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We booked Pantip Suites Sathorn after reading many good reviews. So decided to switch a hotel chain in Sukhumvit to here. We have two apartments booked at each end of the building for great view of the city and away from 3 elevators; each apartment have 2 rooms (1001, 1006).

First impression of the hotel was very cosy and the view around pool side is very tranquil. Plenty of grass area for family with small kids to play. However with a small fish pond the children activity in this area must be supervised.

The hotel locate just off the main road and money changer and 7 eleven is only 4 minutes walking distance. The hotel have massage service which is about 50THB more then the one on Covenant St.

About 15 minutes walk from the hotel is Nahm restaurant, ranked number 13 in the world. Many find eateries are within the hotel mainly medium to high end.

Now for the checkin (20/06/14) the lobby is spacious but a bit dark, one office staff behind the counter with one bell boy. We arrived at 1945h and checkin was very quick. One problem I encountered was the fact only one key per room, and when I asked the reply was it hotel policy but for extra 500 THB we will provide you with one.

Then come the lift, about 2m x 1m x 1m move at a reasonable pace, not a problem then the lift door open to the hall way. My first thought where are the lights, am I in the right place?or may be this is movie theatre. Yep it get better, we opened room 1001 locate right at the corner of the building, upon entry my impression was wow, very spacious, carpet looked clean. But one thing stood out was the stale smell of the room remind me of an aquarium shop back home or was it the wet market in Bangkok. Really? Yep, the vents of the air-con were cover in moulds as does the kitchen area and the bathrooms. Maybe the hotel is working on growing a new type of fungus for a new cancer drug cure.

Then come the lighting, missing a few light bulbs in a one of the room. Well at least the bathroom is spacious, shower head and water pressure is ok if one can control where it pointing. Shower curtain is very old and YES have moulds at the base.

Gym hours are VERY strictly adhered to, that what the staff told me. It policy of the hotel to have a gym instructor to look after it gym user. They refused to open even 30 minutes early. Very approachable staff here at Pantip Suites Sathorn. I have stayed many places around the world and most hotels and their staff are very flexible and accommodating to its guest. Here it all about hotel policy at expense of customer services. Really it about safety of its guest your policy say, wow so growing moulds throughout room 1001 is consider safe is it. Ever heard Legionnaire disease?

The gym does not require one to register when entering despite having a register book. The equipment are very old and desperately need replacement. The ceiling I believed may be white in color once before but now they are beige and yep the moulds are back. Where are the gym trainer? The change rooms shower are small but ok, yep moulds are once again a problem.

The hotel policy also prevent its guest from taking away breakfast as well. We asked if we could have take away breakfast as we were leaving early for tour. The staff refused saying we may take to much but it ok for us to sit and eat from opening your to close. We asked of he could packed for us. NO he replied. However on the second day the same male staff make smarting comment "oh you decide to eat in now". Really Pantip Suites your policy instruct your staff to be rude to your guests.

Well at least checkin out (28/6/14 @ 0630h) was very fast. The staff who perform our checkout was the only staff who truly know what customer service is about.

The room may be big and yes the view from 1001 is good, but that where it stopped. Customer services are non existence, every answer is NO or sorry sir it hotel policy.

This will be my first and last stay with Pantip Suites Sathorn.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Doctor468
Michiel B, Manager at Pantip Suites Sathorn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Doctor468,

We have noted your comments on TripAdvisor and understand your disappointment as this is not your expectation of our hotel, and we extend a sincere apology from our entire staff.

This is very atypical feedback for us to receive especially with your comments about the way we treat our guests. We are known for friendly, passionate and caring people. With that in mind, we take your comments with the utmost seriousness.
It is a pity that you did not bring the matter to the attention of management during your stay, when we would have made every effort to remedy the situation.

Rest assured we have investigated into the challenges that have lead to your disappointment. I look forward to the opportunity where we can demonstrate the service and hospitality that we are known for. Please let me know how I can be of assistance to you in the future. eam@pantipsuites.com

With Best Regards,

Michiel Bartels
Executive Assistant Manager
london
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a brief 3 night stay at Pantip. The staff were welcoming and friendly, sometimes missing in Bangkok. The suite was huge, a little worn around the edges but offered great value for money.
The huge bed was comfortable and the living area could have housed a party for 25 without a problem. I loved the large bath.
Breakfast was fine with decent bacon and sadly poor quality coffee and very weak tea.
Overall a good stay for the money-just a little away from the hub of things to do-great restaurants near by which was a bonus.
My only gripe was not with the hotel but the new attitude of Bangkok taxi drivers-they have always impressed me with low fares and decent knowledge-now they never want to use the meter and offer rates 200% plus of the normal meter rate-maybe the fear of fewer customers makes them do this?? An old taxi driver told me last year during a long fare that they need to take over 3000 bht a day to pay for the cab and fuel and make a fair living. Sadly they have always the same excuse---many traffic take long time---well that is not the case!

Room Tip: All are huge and a decent lift service.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cairo
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 3 girls staying in bangkok from 24th of april till 1st of may .we choose this hotel after reading many reviews,we were hesitant at the beginning ,but when we arrived we were sure that we made the right desicion.the staff was really good. The room was very spacious ,clean.The Bedrooms were comfy, room service was great.the only comment is about the carpet was outdated and the balconies need to be repainted.over all it was great as it was near lumpini Mrt

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I first visited Bangkok 26 years ago I noticed Pantip and at that time I thought they were private apartments and for many years I have been telling my wife that one day we would live there. In the meantime we have used other hotels in the vicinity but then I realised Pantip was a condo-hotel and just had to stay there. This year we made itand I can only say that I wish we had stayed here many times before. I rate Pantip as the best place we have stayed in Thailand and that includes a certain 5 star establishment in Hua Hin.
All rooms in the apartments are very large, clean, well equipped with good city scape views. The breakfast is excellant with all tastes catered for. The lovely gardens are well worth using for a couple of beers (not over priced) after a hot day. I also availed myself of the courtesy bus which runs you to the local underground station free of charge. Nice touch.
An establishment like this could not be run in such a fashion without a good staff and I found them exceptional in all departments. Normally I try to speak Thai as much as possible but these people's English was so good I did'nt even bother. I should'nt really single anybody out but the doorman is a class act on his own. How did he remember my farang surname after a 16 day break.
Summing up I would say this is top end 4 star and is incredible value for money. Coming back next trip? Try and keep us away!

Room Tip: They say the higher the better. Our second stay was near the top and the room was amazingly better.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alistair W
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here last year on my way to Vietnam and Cambodia on an OAT trip. I'd been to Bangkok before and stayed in the center of things so the fact that this hotel is away from the center didn't bother me. Also, I didn't want to go to the trouble of getting baht just for the layovers so I was content to stay close. The rooms are one-bedroom apartment sized so you really rattle around in there. Very clean and quiet. The second room I had had a spectacular view, not of temples but of the outlying modern city. There's bottled water and a hot pot for instant coffee or tea as well as a fridge and stove. Now about the air conditioning and this is the most important thing... When you get in the room it's freezing! There are separate controls for the two zones in the room. The living area is controlled by the thermostat by the door. But here's the solution to the mystery of why it's still so cold in the bedroom. There's a second control on the PHONE! Yes, on the phone!! Once you find that, you'll be SO much more comfortable.

The food in the hotel is very good. Service was friendly and efficient at dinner and from the bar. Breakfast is the typical buffet with plenty of choices, familiar and not.

Be sure to walk around the small but lovely garden to see the koi and interesting vegetation.

Room Tip: The corners probably have the best views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tripper123
Michiel B, Manager at Pantip Suites Sathorn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear tripper123,

Thank you very much for staying at Pantip Suites and thank you for sharing your photos.

We really appreciate your feedback and will be passing on your positive comments to all of our associates.

In regards to the air-conditioning, the bedrooms are equipped with a Master Control Panel on the bedside table which can be used to control the lights as well as the air-conditioning in the bedroom. The in-room phones are placed next to the control panel, which may have caused the confusion.

If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions please feel free to contact us anytime.

With Kind Regards,