“My staying place in Bangkok”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #146 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spacious room, neat & clean. I have got an east facing room (R#1208) from where nice city line could be enjoyed. They have kept an umbrella in the room which was helpfull in rainy day. Free wi-fi with good speed. Good value of money. Staffs are very co-operative. Lobby was little bit crowdy but nothing odd. Small swimming pool is ok. Nice retaurant for breakfast with variety of menu alongwith many fruits. The hotel is located at a place from where MBK market is 60baht in taxi cab and sukhumbhit is 60baht as well. Only odd thing was i had do deposit 100USD during check-in as security (though get back the same note when check-out). However, this will be my staying place in Bangkok again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Zafrul Hasan S,

Our hotel location is in the middle of Pratunam. This is one of our strong features. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I am very pleased that the service and attention to detail we pride ourselves on created such a favorable impression. I will be sharing you kind words with my team and I know how everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. I am even more delighted to hear that Centre Point Hotel Pratunam is your staying place in Bangkok.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home on your next visit to Bangkok.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hotel in a good location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms - I was dissapointed, could be renowated and cleaner. They are big with small kitchen so if you go to Bangkok with family and children it can be good choice. Breakfast very good. Rooms could be better but the price is quite low as for such a good location.Total 3 points for 5.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank K_a_r_0_l_a_K_R_K

Dear K_a_r_0_l_a_K_R_K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad and helps me monitor the service we provide.

First of all, please accept my greatly apologize for the room did not clean properly and you were disappointed our room decoration. I have since instructed my housekeeper to fully service the guest room to avoid such issue do not reoccur. Our hotel had finished minor renovation all the guest rooms recently. However, I am glad to know that our staffs wre friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great! my family enjoyed the stay alot. The room was hugh and the bed was clean & comfy. Love the Kids playroom which keep my boys busy for awhile. Location was good, just opposite platinum mall and you can find 4 - 5 massage shop just below the hotel street. You can also find quite a numbers of street food vendors right below the hotel. Breakfast nothing special, can be better. Hotel provide free wifi which was fast, the only problem is the water heater, which was not working but after a call to the counter, they sent someone to fixed it immediately. Well done! The staffs were great asset of this hotel.
Will come back and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ntheni

Dear ntheni,

I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write following your recent stayed with us.

We're indeed centrally located and hence convenient for both leisure and business trips. It is absolute delight to read what wonderful stayed. However,I'm so sorry to learn that the water heater was not working and please note that we're currently in the middle of changing of the water supply pipeline and adjust the water pressure. I have no hesitation to agree with you that the staffs were great asset of our hotel. I will share your kinds comment with all of my team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.

We are truly happy to hear that you will come back and stay here again. We look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

centre point is located right at the heart of shopping area. pratunam market is just next to the hotel; platinum mall is opposite of the hotel; central mall is also within walking distance.

it is a good place to offload the shopping stuff and restart the shopping marathon again.

on the hotel, the place is clean and all the staff are polite. the hotel even has complimentary beverage at its lobby for the guests. breakfast buffet spread has been great.

overall, it's a good and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Carol_Yappie,

Right in the bustling district, Pratunam is a gateway of city life providing everything Bangkok has to offer. You're absolutely right !

Thank you so much for affirming what the reviews say about us. Overall, you seemed to have such a good time stay with us and I am very pleased that all went well.

Please do come back and visit us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is my second stay with Centre Point Pratunam. The rooms are very spacious and well-maintained with necessary amenities. good for up to 3 pax per room. The service staff was also very helpful. Wifi connection was good too. Location is very convenient, opposite platinum mall with a side entrance, lots of street stalls outside, good street hawker for supper and a row of massage parlours. My room had a balcony too.
The only down side is that the wait for lift is very long, especially so if you stay on higher floors. Also, the water heater does not maintain the water temperature so i keep having to adjust the lever.
Other than that, it was all good and will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank pamcyy
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear pamcyy,

Please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations concerning the water heater and waiting for lift.Meantime,we are really proud to know you appreciated the comfort of the room,wifi connection,staff serviced and above all the hotel location.

Kindly be informed that we are planning to adjust water pressure and change the water supply pipeline in order to improve water system. The process will be started very soon which is takes around 2 months. Please be assured that we are trying harder to solve it as soon as possible.

However, I'm so glad you will stay here again. We definitely look forward of welcoming on your third stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Traveled with my wife in Jun 2013. We were adventurous and decided to walk from Ratchaparok station to the hotel. I actually missed the side entrance of the hotel as it blended into the surrounding shops. It probably needs to be more outstanding.

Checking in was a breeze. The staff were all smiles and ready to provide information when we asked.

The room was huge and fully furnished. It was so spacious that we had enough space to place our shopping stuffs all over and yet still had space to walk.

Location is perfect. Just head downstairs and you'll find food stalls everywhere! If you walk out from the main entrance, you'll find decent massage parlors right outside.

And now the bad part. I was warned by my friends about the hot water in the bathroom and they were right. There was no hot water and the best I had was 'soft' water. It wasn't even considered warm. If we had brought our children, we would have had a hard time keeping them quiet in the showers. :p

Overall, it was a good stay! If there was a steady supply of hot water and coffee in the rooms, I will absolutely come back to stay with my family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian2468
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear adrian6sg,

First of all, please accept my sincerest apologies of hot water issue and any inconvenience caused and thank you very much for your kind support and allowing Centre Point Hotel Ratunam to serve you during you stayed with us .We're trying harder to provide you with quality services that meet your expectations.

As you are well aware about the water system issue, we have studies hard and long about it and finally have arrived at the decision to adjust pressure and upgrading the water supply pipe line and the process will be started very soon. We are planning to finish this task in next 2 months. Please note that we have provided the coffee in the rooms since August and now the sight of side entreance

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed with my adult daughter from 7 Sept to 11 Sept 2013. Check in experience was pleasantly speedy and efficient. Room 607 was assigned to me at about 12 noon. Front Desk service was cheerful and cool! Changed my big denomination Thai Baht to notes of lesser value - seamlessly done. TWO key cards handed to me without me having to ask for 2. Most hotels will give only one key! Kudos!

Residents Corner has cable TV, complimentary hot & cold beverages, magazines & cozy chairs to get wasted in ... while waiting for room to be allocated. Great!

Luggage bags quickly roomed by smiling bellhop.Spacious, scented, clean room. Almost an apartment. Has a 'kitchenette' concept with dining cutlery, huge refrigerator, dish-washing basin .... without stove but microwave ovens are available just next door, where the coin-operated launderette is. Iron and ironing boards are available there too. DIY. Convenient.

Quaint boutique-like balcony - for fresh air ... and for durians - where they are grabbed and gobbled without scenting the bedroom.

Security safe - larger than normal. Placed at convenient level in wardrobe.. no getting on one's hands and knees to fiddle with safe-combinations. Wow!

Torchlight and umbrella standing by in the same wardrobe. Unbelievable!

Whatever I wanted from Housekeeping, Front Desk, Telephone Operator .... I very happily got!

Front Desk team helped me synchronize my city tour and airport transfers willingly and effectively - which was a tremendous help as my Thai tour operator was fond of becoming "Nowhere Man".

On my departure day, I expected 2 cartons of confectionery. No problem. Ably handled by Front Desk.

Breakfast - dining hall encompasses the Poolside for alfresco dining. Every day of my stay, the main courses on the chaffing dishes were completely changed. Good variety. Another plus. Food items are presented in small portions in shallow trays and are always replenished.

Staff is an obvious but subtle presence. Used cutlery are cleared in double quick time.

Hotel's prime location is a boon. A pedestrian overhead bridge brings one from the hotel to Platinum Mall.... and to Central World beyond.

Special mention - Front Office Manager, Ms Maitree Jitjamnong. Runs a slick Front Office operation. Helpful, approachable, reachable.

Room Tip: Breakfast is served at the outlet on the 4th floor. If you need a twin-bedded room, the 6th level is...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SingaporeViews
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear SingaporeViews,

You can not make me happier! We very much impressed with your invaluable feedback. it is absolutely fabulous. Thank you very much that you highly valued our hotel.

Our staffs pride themselves in endeavoring immaculate to exceed our guest's expectations of service and feel passionately about our new Centre Point motto " Always a good time" we genuinely love to indulge our guests have a WOW experience of staying with us and we love to look after all of our guests not as a duty but from the heart and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed and thank you for specifically mentioning Ms.Maitree that she done very well. We'll make sure your generous observation reaches all our staffs. Your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we are reaching our aim.

I do hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Centre Point Hotel Pratunam in the near future,for another stay.