“Comfortable stay in a convenient location”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #151 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Comfortable stay in a convenient location”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights with my family & a friend's family. Found the overall experience very good. Hotel was clean, rooms were big & comfortable, staff were friendly. We especially liked the kitchenette as it had a fridge & microwave which proved useful as there were a few mornings we made breakfast in the room.

This hotel is also well located in the Pratunam area & is within walking distance to places like Platinum Fashion Mall (good shopping) as well as the nearby Pratunam Market. The BTS station was also nearby & we used it on some occasions to move around Bangkok.

Special mention goes to the hotel's concierge manned by Nena who helped arranged transportation for us when we needed to move our group of 6 people to certain places of interest. During our stay, Bangkok was having the demonstrations going on & Nena made it a point to monitor the situation & kept me updated. There was once the demonstration marched near our hotel & caused a massive traffic jam. She actually called me to advise that I not make my way back to the hotel yet until it cleared. Really appreciated that bit of pro-activenenss on her part.

This was our first trip to Bangkok & I must say we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others. *two thumbs up*

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Tuck Heng L,

What a joy to read your marvelous feedback! This is our utmost reward for me and my team. We all thank you very much for that.

I am so glad to hear that the overall experienced you seemed to have such a very good time here and it is also nice to know you have found our hotel strategically located. Pratunam is a gateway of city life providing everything Bangkok has to offer and thank you for specifically mentioning Nena who work as taxi service and her arrangement has been appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to her.

As we. rely on word of mouth referral, your kind offer to recommend us to other tripadvisor members is very much appreciated. We very much look forward to your 2nd stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and had two interconnected rooms on 27th floor with city view. To start with, before arriving I emailed them with some queries and requests and got prompt replies and they agreed to all my requests. It was great as my previous experience of corresponding with hotels in Bkk has not been very good.
Rooms are large and neat, clean and well maintained. Yes the rooms are dated but their maintenance crew is quick to respond to any needs. View from the room, kitchenettle with microwave and other items was very convenient. Wifi speed was very good. The large fridge added to the convenience.
The hot water system still gives problems but as per the notice in the lift, they are working on it and likely to get the work completed by end November.
Location is superb. Very near to Pantip, Platinum, Pratunam and even Siam Paragon etc. BTS is about 10 mts walk. Good massage parlours in the street and plenty of street food around. A 7-11 in next door and the side entrance brings the main road even nearer.
We loved our stay and had no problems. The staff was pleasant and responsive; breakfast spread was good. Check in and check out was very smooth. Overall a very pleasant stay.
We really enjoyed our stay and will come back. It is real value for money. So if you are looking for five star luxury, go to a five star. This property is more about convenience... but with a smile and good team running it.
Have no complains !!

Room Tip: Higher floors are away from traffic noise and with a lovely view of the city. You can ask for interc...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear sudhirmumbai,

How wonderful to read your glowing review! The whole team and I were truly joyful and we all thank you very much for that.

You have described perfectly! Thank you very much for affirming what the reviews say about us. It really feels good to be appreciated just as we make it our goal " always a good time" to make you have a good time with all the amenities and services provide. This is also reflecting the Thai culture that Thailand the land of smile. The services you so kindly remarked is like a way of life with us. It is our pleasure to be of service. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay despite the one or two inconveniences that you mentioned.

We're even more delighted to here that we will have the opportunity to serve you next time. We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your family with our warm hospitality.

KL
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my family for 5d4n. Room is spacious but old. Would prefer carpet instead of tiles. Doesn't feel like we're in a hotel. The shower's water pressure is bad and the water is either too hot or too cold. The toilet's flush is not strong enough too. Staff is friendly but I don't understand why the hotel would be provide jacked up overpriced taxi service to customers. To Chinatown/ Chatuchak, both costs 300 baht even though Chinatown is just 100baht away with the meter. I don't think I will return to stay here.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Nyty26,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experienced stay with us and please do allow me to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and would like to clarify some issues concern as the following details;

- This is to keep you informed that we're currently in the middle of changing of water supply pipeline and adjust the water pressure.

- As you may aware of situation of taxi meter in Bangkok which we have received many complaints from the guests about their behavior such as the taxi drivers charged the passengers overprice after they agreed to go by meter and it would become worse if the passengers have the children with them particularly on the way to airport at nighttime. It is beyond our control. As we highly place the safety and convenience as possible and final decision has arrived that we should provide the taxi service that we can monitor them. All taxi driver service has been checked the criminal record before joining the team. This is to ensure that all our guests would have another alternative and can be considered before using the service and the price list is clearly marked and visible to all guests.

Hoping you will give us a second chance to welcoming you in the near future.

Medina, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hotel is very nice and close to airport link . All staff have smile and friendly , I was reservation in this hotel but when I reached have a little bit problem in type of room but they're change for me to be suite room , it's a big room , clean and facilities that's lucky for me and my husband. Have a nice view can see around , Especial this hotel not far from shopping center walk only 5 minuites to platinum.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aishah_Alamri
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear zania maii,

Thank you very much for choosing us and for sharing the very positive remarks of our hotel from check-in to check-out.

It was indeed our pleasure to hear that you had such a good time with us. We really do strive to make our guests stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. Our staffs are naturally helpful and friendly and we're glad you thought so too. it is also good to know the location of the hotel met your needs.

What you experienced today in terms of services, you'll experience again and even better the next stay back. We look forward to having you again.

Dhaka
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spacious room, neat & clean. I have got an east facing room (R#1208) from where nice city line could be enjoyed. They have kept an umbrella in the room which was helpfull in rainy day. Free wi-fi with good speed. Good value of money. Staffs are very co-operative. Lobby was little bit crowdy but nothing odd. Small swimming pool is ok. Nice retaurant for breakfast with variety of menu alongwith many fruits. The hotel is located at a place from where MBK market is 60baht in taxi cab and sukhumbhit is 60baht as well. Only odd thing was i had do deposit 100USD during check-in as security (though get back the same note when check-out). However, this will be my staying place in Bangkok again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Zafrul Hasan S,

Our hotel location is in the middle of Pratunam. This is one of our strong features. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such positive review.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I am very pleased that the service and attention to detail we pride ourselves on created such a favorable impression. I will be sharing you kind words with my team and I know how everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated. I am even more delighted to hear that Centre Point Hotel Pratunam is your staying place in Bangkok.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kraków
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hotel in a good location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms - I was dissapointed, could be renowated and cleaner. They are big with small kitchen so if you go to Bangkok with family and children it can be good choice. Breakfast very good. Rooms could be better but the price is quite low as for such a good location.Total 3 points for 5.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K_a_r_0_l_a_K_R_K
Dear K_a_r_0_l_a_K_R_K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad and helps me monitor the service we provide.

First of all, please accept my greatly apologize for the room did not clean properly and you were disappointed our room decoration. I have since instructed my housekeeper to fully service the guest room to avoid such issue do not reoccur. Our hotel had finished minor renovation all the guest rooms recently. However, I am glad to know that our staffs wre friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great! my family enjoyed the stay alot. The room was hugh and the bed was clean & comfy. Love the Kids playroom which keep my boys busy for awhile. Location was good, just opposite platinum mall and you can find 4 - 5 massage shop just below the hotel street. You can also find quite a numbers of street food vendors right below the hotel. Breakfast nothing special, can be better. Hotel provide free wifi which was fast, the only problem is the water heater, which was not working but after a call to the counter, they sent someone to fixed it immediately. Well done! The staffs were great asset of this hotel.
Will come back and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ntheni
Dear ntheni,

I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write following your recent stayed with us.

We're indeed centrally located and hence convenient for both leisure and business trips. It is absolute delight to read what wonderful stayed. However,I'm so sorry to learn that the water heater was not working and please note that we're currently in the middle of changing of the water supply pipeline and adjust the water pressure. I have no hesitation to agree with you that the staffs were great asset of our hotel. I will share your kinds comment with all of my team and make sure we will continue our good efforts of customer service.

We are truly happy to hear that you will come back and stay here again. We look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.