“Comfortable”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #148 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The place is conveniently located. Close to many shopping areas & eateries. However BTS station is quite a good 20 mins walk away. May be an issue if you have elderly or young ones. Staff are helpful & polite. Only 'flaw' would be that the place seems dated, though clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear LimCL,

Indeed one of our assets is our central location, our hotel situated amidst the renowned Bangkok's fashion and entertainment center, you can go shopping, sightseeing and explore the multi-facet of Bangkok. It is nice also to read that you felt that nothing was missed and staffs were helpful & polite.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your positive feedback. Please do come back and visit us once again on the near future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier issue but seems like we were over-promised that we will be getting a high floor with both rooms side by side but as the room wasn't ready, we gotta come back after 1pm. To our surprise, we were given a level 6. Reason: That's the highest floor they have for double double bed rooms. First impression: Bad

Room: The size was good, looked like an apartment as there was quite a few drawers here and there which i don't find it useful for travellers (at least for a short stay). No coffee or tea in the room but you can have a drink at the lobby and it's complimentary. Bring your own adaptor as their's doesn't work. The TV allocation was rather not that centralised between both beds. Air-con leaking in one of our 2 rooms. Poor friend gotta endure the dripping sound throughout the night. Zero Service Recovery for that. Relatively good sized empty fridge for you to put your stuff.

Beds: Single beds with wheels so don't be alarmed when the bed moves. A not so thick blanket placed in between 2 white sheets.

Bathroom: Hated the shower. Never seems to get the temperature right, no matter how tactful I tried to turned the tap. It's either cold or hot. What a bumper! Old towels - no weird smell which is good but you can tell it's been used for a while (holes and marks)

Location: Unless you don't mind, you can take a 15mins or so walk to the nearest train station under the blazing sun. However... i prefer to use the side entrance to head down to places like Platinum mall, the streets and so on. At least there's more things to see rather than the other direction.

Pool: It's salt water with a sheltered jacuzzi. The water was chilling due to the good weather.

Breakfast: Good, almost loving it! You can even make your own milo. Fresh veggie for your salad. Orange juice tasted fresh.

In-Room dining: Love the tom yum soup and the veggie! You can skip the green curry set, too watery and not much taste.

Service: Not bad. Nothing WOW about it.

Will i come back again? - Doubt So.
Will i recommend this place to my friend? - Don't think so too.

Room Tip: You may wish to get a room that faces the pool!
1  Thank jazsimplyme
apicha s, Resident. Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear jazsimplyme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and please accept our greatly apologize for not having met your expectations.

I would once again like to apologies for your disappointment of your room booking and I would like to keep you inform that there are all double bed on high floor,if you prefer the twin bed we have only on floor 5-10 (lower floor) as I surmise, it was miscommunication .

I have shared your comments with our relevant department heads and we're all appreciated that you bringing to our attention. We will certainly look into the matters and we will be used some beneficial information to improve the services and amenities provide to make your next visit more satisfy. Your kind patient is very much appreciated.

We views all our guest as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you welcome at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Nothing really outstanding for this hotel except the room is really spacious. Even add in another bed, there is still too much space to spare. You can skip in the room too from one end to the other end of the room.

Room is clean & well-equipped. Thumbs up for the good service provided by the reception & housekeeping. Extra pillow, towels & toothbrush set requested was sent promptly.

As mentioned by other reviewers, experienced the same issue with the water level. Water turned cold very quickly with the knob pointed at hot water. Really frustrating. Fortunately the weather was hot outside so don't mind the water issue. If not, it will be a really disadvantage for the hotel for this bad point.

The good point of the hotel is the location. Right in the mid of Pratunam, which easily allows tourist to access to some of the attraction such as Platinum Fashion Mall, Pantip Plaza and Pratunam market.

Tried the sauna for two consecutive days. It actually cover up the disadvantages of the hotel during my 3 days stay in Bangkok. My friend has no complaint too thanks to the chrysanthemum tea provided in the lobby everyday....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear SKid_10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience case including the hot water issue had occured during your stay with us and please note that we are on the way of working on it and will complete by the end of November. I'm so glad to note that the size of our guest room was satisfied you. This is one of our strong features! I'm even more delighted to hear that we have provided you with a fantastic lever of service. I thank you for specifically mentioning the reception & housekeeping teams as well as strive for excellent standards of service. We love to look after you all but not as a duty but from the heart and it's also nice to know you found the hotel location was good.

I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed there 4 nights with friends just last week. The service was okay, the staffs were friendly. The lady at the counter right outside the entrance tried recommending us some activities but we knew better after seeing the price (overpriced) so I will say plan your own, it'll be cheaper.

The room was okay, it was cleaned up everyday when we pressed the light to ask them to made up our room, but there's this serious problem with not enough toilet paper. Seriously, their toilet rolls are like one layer only (very, very thin kind on top of that) and the rolls are tiny. Me and another girl friend stayed in the room together and we had 'lack toilet paper issues' quite bad. The first day we were there? The toilet roll is already 3/4 gone, we had to survive on our own packet tissue paper that night since the rest was gone after two more use, and BOTH room service and housekeeping weren't picking up AT ALL after I tried calling at about 9 plus.

They replenish it the next day, but again, the toilet roll was so small it wasn't enough to last us til the next day (we were two girls who needed toilet more often I guess). And there is no other source of tissue in the room except this one roll, so when we spilled some drink we had to go in and take from there.

I had my own toilet roll I brought from home since I was having a flu (this was three layer, and the expensive kind), I left it on my bed before I went out the second day and there was about 1/3 of it left, and guess what, it was GONE after I came back. I was too tired to being it up as an issue to the hotel since I was very tired, and it was just a toilet roll, but lets just say I'm glad nothing else was missing (but that may be due to the fact I pack and locked everything I owned into my luggage before leaving).

The room was kind of old, the fridge was woobly, every time I open or close it, it felt as if it might topple over if I use too much strength.

The door lock felt unsafe, the whole knob area was half falling off, and looked as if it would come out with one one good tuck. But we were travelling with guy friends next door so I didn't give it much grief.

Otherwise, the rest of the room was clean, comfortable and spacious, enjoyed the mini kitchen space where we could sit together and snacked at in the middle of the night.

Location wise it was okay as well, the main entrance was facing a mini street which had nothing but massage parlors, but they had a side entrance which is diagonally opposite Platinum Mall (which was the best place to shop at, they had 3 zone there and has about everything you want to shop about, if you're a girl. There's one one men section as opposed to five for the first 3 floors. Muslim friends might be happy to hear that there is one Muslim food stall at level 5 there)

There's a 7-11 beside the side entrance which is convenient. BUT the train station is far, far away, don't be fooled. It's walk-able but takes around 15-20 min under the blazing sun. Much easier to take a cab, or a tuk-tuk, but we had four people, so instead of taking two tuk-tuk at 100 baht each vehicle, its much cheaper to take one cab at 100 baht, and its air-conditioned as well. Even the cab's meter run much slower than those in Singapore. We just asked the hotel staff to help us call one, and it comes pretty quickly (or, its parked right in the car park already).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear darksage,

I am sorry to read that you were not entirely happy with your recent stayed with us and thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

The lady that you mentioned she works as taxi service and of course the price is higher than taxi meter but we can monitor and control them which they have to follow by the standard price list. All guests can onsider using taxi meter or taxi service which you may know the situation of taxi meter in Bangkok now.

I would like to apologies for the discomfort for the toilet paper and some inconvenient case that you mentioned. All guests can request the extra of toilet paper by calling to Housekeeping 4005 or Guest Service Executive. I took good note of your constructive remarks and I have liaised with all concern departments head in order to avoid future occurrence.

However, I'm glad to hear that the rest of that you satisfied our services and facilities provide. We always aim for the best in everything for you and look forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights with my family & a friend's family. Found the overall experience very good. Hotel was clean, rooms were big & comfortable, staff were friendly. We especially liked the kitchenette as it had a fridge & microwave which proved useful as there were a few mornings we made breakfast in the room.

This hotel is also well located in the Pratunam area & is within walking distance to places like Platinum Fashion Mall (good shopping) as well as the nearby Pratunam Market. The BTS station was also nearby & we used it on some occasions to move around Bangkok.

Special mention goes to the hotel's concierge manned by Nena who helped arranged transportation for us when we needed to move our group of 6 people to certain places of interest. During our stay, Bangkok was having the demonstrations going on & Nena made it a point to monitor the situation & kept me updated. There was once the demonstration marched near our hotel & caused a massive traffic jam. She actually called me to advise that I not make my way back to the hotel yet until it cleared. Really appreciated that bit of pro-activenenss on her part.

This was our first trip to Bangkok & I must say we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others. *two thumbs up*

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Tuck Heng L,

What a joy to read your marvelous feedback! This is our utmost reward for me and my team. We all thank you very much for that.

I am so glad to hear that the overall experienced you seemed to have such a very good time here and it is also nice to know you have found our hotel strategically located. Pratunam is a gateway of city life providing everything Bangkok has to offer and thank you for specifically mentioning Nena who work as taxi service and her arrangement has been appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to her.

As we. rely on word of mouth referral, your kind offer to recommend us to other tripadvisor members is very much appreciated. We very much look forward to your 2nd stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights and had two interconnected rooms on 27th floor with city view. To start with, before arriving I emailed them with some queries and requests and got prompt replies and they agreed to all my requests. It was great as my previous experience of corresponding with hotels in Bkk has not been very good.
Rooms are large and neat, clean and well maintained. Yes the rooms are dated but their maintenance crew is quick to respond to any needs. View from the room, kitchenettle with microwave and other items was very convenient. Wifi speed was very good. The large fridge added to the convenience.
The hot water system still gives problems but as per the notice in the lift, they are working on it and likely to get the work completed by end November.
Location is superb. Very near to Pantip, Platinum, Pratunam and even Siam Paragon etc. BTS is about 10 mts walk. Good massage parlours in the street and plenty of street food around. A 7-11 in next door and the side entrance brings the main road even nearer.
We loved our stay and had no problems. The staff was pleasant and responsive; breakfast spread was good. Check in and check out was very smooth. Overall a very pleasant stay.
We really enjoyed our stay and will come back. It is real value for money. So if you are looking for five star luxury, go to a five star. This property is more about convenience... but with a smile and good team running it.
Have no complains !!

Room Tip: Higher floors are away from traffic noise and with a lovely view of the city. You can ask for interc...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear sudhirmumbai,

How wonderful to read your glowing review! The whole team and I were truly joyful and we all thank you very much for that.

You have described perfectly! Thank you very much for affirming what the reviews say about us. It really feels good to be appreciated just as we make it our goal " always a good time" to make you have a good time with all the amenities and services provide. This is also reflecting the Thai culture that Thailand the land of smile. The services you so kindly remarked is like a way of life with us. It is our pleasure to be of service. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay despite the one or two inconveniences that you mentioned.

We're even more delighted to here that we will have the opportunity to serve you next time. We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your family with our warm hospitality.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my family for 5d4n. Room is spacious but old. Would prefer carpet instead of tiles. Doesn't feel like we're in a hotel. The shower's water pressure is bad and the water is either too hot or too cold. The toilet's flush is not strong enough too. Staff is friendly but I don't understand why the hotel would be provide jacked up overpriced taxi service to customers. To Chinatown/ Chatuchak, both costs 300 baht even though Chinatown is just 100baht away with the meter. I don't think I will return to stay here.

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Nyty26,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experienced stay with us and please do allow me to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused and would like to clarify some issues concern as the following details;

- This is to keep you informed that we're currently in the middle of changing of water supply pipeline and adjust the water pressure.

- As you may aware of situation of taxi meter in Bangkok which we have received many complaints from the guests about their behavior such as the taxi drivers charged the passengers overprice after they agreed to go by meter and it would become worse if the passengers have the children with them particularly on the way to airport at nighttime. It is beyond our control. As we highly place the safety and convenience as possible and final decision has arrived that we should provide the taxi service that we can monitor them. All taxi driver service has been checked the criminal record before joining the team. This is to ensure that all our guests would have another alternative and can be considered before using the service and the price list is clearly marked and visible to all guests.

Hoping you will give us a second chance to welcoming you in the near future.