“Feedback on my stay”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #146 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My stay 22-26 November 2013. Room 606. Facts observed during my stay:

1. There is only 2 public lifts and 1 service lifts despite such a big apartment. The public lifts are very very slow. Try waiting at level 6. It is programmed to "attend to" buttons pressed at "F" floor where breakfast is served and the higher floors only. We had to walk down 2 floors instead of waiting for the lifts!!

2. We appreciate the free WI-FI. However, the connections are very slow.

3. The service staffs can be more pro-active. Toilet paper left with less than one roll, please top up. I had to call the room service to bring up toilet paper considering I had kids in the room.

4. The bath tub water spray pressure is so small that my child took longer than usual to shower and the temperature of the water is not hot enough. Please try it for yourself.

However, I must comment on your good service despite of the above issues as there are always room for improvement everywhere.

Room Tip: Stay higher floors. Avoid Room 606 until they addressed my feedbacks.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sawasdee1976
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Sawasdee 1976,

We take your comment very seriously and highly appreciate for your detailed feedback and please accept my greatly apologies for not having met your expectations.

- I'm sorry to learn that you found inconvenience for waiting the lifts a bit long due to high traffic in the morning
- we're currently in the middle of Wi-Fi installation to the entire areas of the hotel. I believe that after complete the task, the connections and quality of Wi-Fi signal will much better.
- I have discussed the issues mentioned with the Housekeeper and Chief of Engneer as it is procedure to have all guest rooms well prepares and kept all equipments functional to avoid future occurrences. However,I'm glad to know that our service was good.

These issues are regrettable and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies disappointment that was caused.

Hoping you will give us a second chance, we look forward to restoring your faith in Centre Point Hotel Pratunam in the near future.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed 24 November 2013

this is a very convenient hotel cause it is close to the indra square, pratunam market, platinum mall, and the street shopping.
For Indians this is also good location for indian food as there are few indian restaurants near the hotel.
The rooms are also good and ambience is good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hjbhatt1968
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear hjbhatt 1968,

You're absolutely right one of the best parts of our hotel is the location. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be at your service and choosing to stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Quite a pleasant stay and location but be sure if you have 2 rooms to be allocated on the same floor otherwise you will face some issue to get up to a higher floor if your room is on the lowest one. ( your key card is restricted to go to other floor except yours) Upon check in they told us the rooms will be on different floors and we said its fine but we didnt know the policy with the elevator that you can go only to your floor. And we had rooms on 7th and 11th floors..sometimes I used the stairs. By the way we stayed for 7 nights so I least they should allocate the rooms from the beginning.
Another issue was the missing hot water.
Anyway the staff at the restaurant was very nice. The Breakfast was rich, full of exotic fruits and there was live cooking for eggs and pancakes. My father requested an boiled egg so they were more than happy to help us, especially the supervisor.
The location is perfect for everything, for shopping, for thai massage, for thai cuisine, for everything if you want to experience the Bangkok. Its a walking distance to the metro station.
I will deffinetely recomand the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear AdnanaGin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam and please accept my greatly apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We endeavor to allocate rooms of family and friends as near to each other as possible and kindly be informed that all guests can request the extra key card to get up/down to another floor (in case you and your family/friends stay in other floor) I'm sorry to learn that our front desk staff lack to gave you fully information and you have to faced the difficult time during stay with us including you have to used the banister for sometimes.

Our central location is ideal for those who are visiting on business as well as for those who are explore Bangkok for leisure.

I'm pleased to note that you were enjoyed the breakfast and the restaurant staff looked after you so well especially the supervisor. The chef and I were delighted in offering you this great selection of the seasonal freshest product for breakfast. I shall ensure that your kind comments are passed on to them.

I would like to thank you for your personal recommendation our hotel to your friends, your kindness is very much appreciated and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you bak to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We booked the hotel in the airport and didn't have to disappoint. Huge rooms, very friendly staff and and superb location made the stay comfortable. We were only for 1 night but would come back if staying in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaiaSing

Dear KaiaSing,

We are all delighted to read your review and it is nice to know that your stay was comfortable and staffs were friendly. We are indeed centrally located which is provided a convenient base for visiting Bangkok attractions.

We are truly happy to hear that you will stay with us if you come back to Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you on your future visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The place is conveniently located. Close to many shopping areas & eateries. However BTS station is quite a good 20 mins walk away. May be an issue if you have elderly or young ones. Staff are helpful & polite. Only 'flaw' would be that the place seems dated, though clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear LimCL,

Indeed one of our assets is our central location, our hotel situated amidst the renowned Bangkok's fashion and entertainment center, you can go shopping, sightseeing and explore the multi-facet of Bangkok. It is nice also to read that you felt that nothing was missed and staffs were helpful & polite.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your positive feedback. Please do come back and visit us once again on the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier issue but seems like we were over-promised that we will be getting a high floor with both rooms side by side but as the room wasn't ready, we gotta come back after 1pm. To our surprise, we were given a level 6. Reason: That's the highest floor they have for double double bed rooms. First impression: Bad

Room: The size was good, looked like an apartment as there was quite a few drawers here and there which i don't find it useful for travellers (at least for a short stay). No coffee or tea in the room but you can have a drink at the lobby and it's complimentary. Bring your own adaptor as their's doesn't work. The TV allocation was rather not that centralised between both beds. Air-con leaking in one of our 2 rooms. Poor friend gotta endure the dripping sound throughout the night. Zero Service Recovery for that. Relatively good sized empty fridge for you to put your stuff.

Beds: Single beds with wheels so don't be alarmed when the bed moves. A not so thick blanket placed in between 2 white sheets.

Bathroom: Hated the shower. Never seems to get the temperature right, no matter how tactful I tried to turned the tap. It's either cold or hot. What a bumper! Old towels - no weird smell which is good but you can tell it's been used for a while (holes and marks)

Location: Unless you don't mind, you can take a 15mins or so walk to the nearest train station under the blazing sun. However... i prefer to use the side entrance to head down to places like Platinum mall, the streets and so on. At least there's more things to see rather than the other direction.

Pool: It's salt water with a sheltered jacuzzi. The water was chilling due to the good weather.

Breakfast: Good, almost loving it! You can even make your own milo. Fresh veggie for your salad. Orange juice tasted fresh.

In-Room dining: Love the tom yum soup and the veggie! You can skip the green curry set, too watery and not much taste.

Service: Not bad. Nothing WOW about it.

Will i come back again? - Doubt So.
Will i recommend this place to my friend? - Don't think so too.

Room Tip: You may wish to get a room that faces the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jazsimplyme
apicha s, Resident. Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear jazsimplyme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and please accept our greatly apologize for not having met your expectations.

I would once again like to apologies for your disappointment of your room booking and I would like to keep you inform that there are all double bed on high floor,if you prefer the twin bed we have only on floor 5-10 (lower floor) as I surmise, it was miscommunication .

I have shared your comments with our relevant department heads and we're all appreciated that you bringing to our attention. We will certainly look into the matters and we will be used some beneficial information to improve the services and amenities provide to make your next visit more satisfy. Your kind patient is very much appreciated.

We views all our guest as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you welcome at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Nothing really outstanding for this hotel except the room is really spacious. Even add in another bed, there is still too much space to spare. You can skip in the room too from one end to the other end of the room.

Room is clean & well-equipped. Thumbs up for the good service provided by the reception & housekeeping. Extra pillow, towels & toothbrush set requested was sent promptly.

As mentioned by other reviewers, experienced the same issue with the water level. Water turned cold very quickly with the knob pointed at hot water. Really frustrating. Fortunately the weather was hot outside so don't mind the water issue. If not, it will be a really disadvantage for the hotel for this bad point.

The good point of the hotel is the location. Right in the mid of Pratunam, which easily allows tourist to access to some of the attraction such as Platinum Fashion Mall, Pantip Plaza and Pratunam market.

Tried the sauna for two consecutive days. It actually cover up the disadvantages of the hotel during my 3 days stay in Bangkok. My friend has no complaint too thanks to the chrysanthemum tea provided in the lobby everyday....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear SKid_10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience case including the hot water issue had occured during your stay with us and please note that we are on the way of working on it and will complete by the end of November. I'm so glad to note that the size of our guest room was satisfied you. This is one of our strong features! I'm even more delighted to hear that we have provided you with a fantastic lever of service. I thank you for specifically mentioning the reception & housekeeping teams as well as strive for excellent standards of service. We love to look after you all but not as a duty but from the heart and it's also nice to know you found the hotel location was good.

I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.