“5 days/4 nights stay”

Ranked #151 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“5 days/4 nights stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for the first time and was very impressed with the service and the room. Only problem was the shower. It was very difficult to control the temperature of the water. Hotel is closed to shopping malls ans restaurants. The doorman was very helpful in arranging transport to the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the 28th floor which was large and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear hwchew18,

I'm glad that we could meet your expectation in term of service and you quite impressed our guestroom and you seemed to have a pleasant stay with us. I thank you for special mention the doorman and I have already shared your compliment with the staff. However, I'm sorry for the temperature of water was difficult to control. Please be assured that we will work to rectify this matter further .

We look forward to your 2 nd stay with us in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philippines
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed last May 2014 in this hotel and I would say "it's really worth value for money". The location is great, just a few steps from many shopping malls around. In front of Pantip Plaza, few steps from Platinum Fashion Mall, Pratunam market and more shopping sale stores. We stayed in De luxe room and it's wide with complete amenities with bath tub. My daughter enjoyed the kids club and swimming pool with salt water. The ambiance in our room was so nice facing the baiyoke tower with balcony. Our room did not include breakfast because there's so many restaurants around to choose from. Every time we travel to bangkok we always choose this hotel, cheap, accessible and complete amenities. Over all, so great, and very comfortable to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a very nice view of bangkok
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear ynez1070,

Allow me to thank you for your very nice review and I am so pleased to hear that the over all you have had such an enjoyable stayed with us and we could in exceed your expectations in term of the price, the good location, the room and amenities provided. I am proud to read that you felt the ambiance in your room was so nice. Moreover, I am so happy to know that your daughter enjoyed the kids club and swimming pool. Your kind comments will inspire us to work even harder to develop our facilities and knowledgeable service which represents excellent value at all time.

Once again, thank you very much for giving us the chance to be at your service and choosing to stay at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Apicha Sulsamosorn
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is my 3rd stay with my wife in your hotel. Driver arrived punctually as always to pick us to and fro from airport and to hotel. We are always satisfied with the room allocation and facilities especially the bed and pillows that makes us snooze soundly after doing massage. We stayed at Rm 1503 for 5D 4N on 7 Jul 2014. We would like to suggest more variety for breakfast as early 7 am, there are already  many tourists coming down to queue for food.

Location of the hotel is great and strategic! Street food available right outside and Platinum Mall and Pratunam Mkt are just walking distance. There is a 7-11 behind the side entrance of the hotel. Recommended massage at Sabai at reasonable prices and good massues just outside along the hotel stretch.
Hotel staffs are all very friendly from reception to housekeeping and even security guards. This is 2nd visit we catered Ms Nena’s taxi services as we need to wake up at 4 am to visit faraway temples. We tell her and showed her pictures and she straightaway knows where we want to head to despite the long name of the temple that we cannot remember. She went extra miles to make sure the driver stopped along the journey and bring us for breakfast. Although it looks like a simple and rural roadside stall, her recommendation of food is delicious to our surprise and we are able to accept the taste. Need to praise her driver Jum Long, a very patient driver who waited with us for 6 hrs to wait for the temple to open and take Q number for us. Thru out the 6hrs, he still has his  smile on and never complain or show black face. Next day we went to a famous seafood restaurant for dinner, Ms Nena still tell us before we head out, to tell her what we ordered after we come back in case we got ripped off and tell us outside taxi fares are around how much and be careful of pickpockets in certain areas, very considerate of her. We told her what we ordered and she said yeah thats reasonable.
I would like to highlight on one incident, me and wife came back from shopping and lunch and saw a group of tourists raising voices and blaming Ms Nena and her driver for inefficiency. But what we over heard in the conversation is that they are rushing to airport and yet wanting to go nearby mall and pick up something but due to afternoon massive jam, there is no way the driver can let them alight and wait nearby and gush off after that. It sounds dangerous too! The tourists demand they already paid and expect driver to follow instructions but Ms Nena explained patiently it will delay time to go airport and she do not want that to happen and the latter will sure miss the flight. She still say can refund $ but they insisted their way and then after discussing and scared really miss flight, they just accept her clarification and slam hard the taxi door and left. We see Ms Nena and her driver still putting on smile and never raise their tones at all even the tourists very attitude towards them.  She still continue to serve other customers politely with a bright smile and very happy mood as if nothing happened earlier on. We also encounter a scene at the restaurant where the customer suddenly demands to see the manager when the waitress tells him to put the shells in the plate given and not on the table. He seems very agitated and scolded her upside down and still say he pays and expect to be treated like a king not just a customer only. That manager and waitress still apologized to him and without arguing back. We feel that Ms Nena has also done well in clarifying to let the tourists know what is her goodwill and not straightaway argue back too. We understand customers are not always right , some are very unreasonable seriously!
I will recommend my friends to stay at yr hotel, looking forward to staying at yr hotel in the near future, once again compliments to NENA and team

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jennpk
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Jennpk,

You have described perfectly ! Thank you so much for highlighting the positive aspects and the area of improvement of our hotel which I found very useful and the constructive feedback such as yours will encourage us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do. I am totally agree with you that Ms Nena and team to be helpful and deserved for your compliments. I am sure they will be thrilled when I share your review with them.

It is great pleasure when our guests recommend our hotel to others. We very much look forward to your 4th stay in our hotel on your future visit in Bangkok.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

It's was a very enjoyable Stay that I'm coming back this 31/7/2014

We Stay in 2306 and the view was amazing, the room was spacious N there kitchen that you can make food hot.
It's more like a small apartment then hotel.
I like it so much that stuff and friendly and courtesy
And from bell boy to chambermaids they are so Awesome.
Truly thumbs up experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear mel_7836,

It is absolutely delighted ! This is our utmost reward for me and my team and thank you so much to post such a glowing review.

The whole team and I felt proud to learn that on this occasion we were able to meet all your expectations to creative the memorable experience for you. We love to look after all of our guests, not as a duty but from the heart.

I am truly happy to note that you are coming back to the hotel soon. We very much look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.

Resident Managerg
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel over the last few days. Location is great for avid female shoppers who equate a Bangkok trip with temporary residence at the Platinum Mall.

The rooms and toilets are extremely spacious. There is a nice small dining tables with utensils ideal to feast on the best street food in bkk.

A minor complain would be that the television is rather small and the pressure in the bath is really weak.

Special complements to the in house taxi service under "Good Taxi Service" from Ms Nena. Honest pricing, required a special large taxi for 5 persons and was quoted an honest price versus previous experience at another hotel in bkk which charged an arm/ leg for a normal taxi to the airport.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Darius T,

We are so pleased to note that you found the room and toilet were extremely spacious and you enjoyed our in room amenities and it is nice to know that our location was convenient for your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found the television was rather small and the water pressure was weak. Please be assured that we will work to rectify these matters further. And thank you for your kind compliments toward Ms.Nena, she is indeed done the good job.

Lastly,I would like to say thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stayed with us and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a great spot for shopping in Bangkok right in the heart of Pratuman, opposite Pantip Plaza
we spent 5 nights on the end of our trip for that last minute shopping. Our room was spacious with a kitchen though there was no mircowave you can request one, we ate out so we did not need one Each morning they provide a lovely Buffett breakfast plus two bottles of water a day, there is a kettle in the room with tea,coffee and in the lobby you can get cold water or tea and coffee a nice touch. The beds were firm but ok with two pillows each, nice block out curtains the air-con was cool and very quiet also the room was spotless the girls do a great job cleaning everyday.
We were made to feel very welcome we will be staying again next year. Just outside the side door there is a 711 and a family mart supermarket and lots of restaurants and a night market within walking distance near Indra square, the bus stop is outside this door though we caught taxis around to Big C

Room Tip: All rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bonesi
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear bonesi,

It is a great pleasure to learn that you had a good time stayed with us. Thank you very much to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient and comfortable base for shopping in Bangkok and we could meet your expectation especially regarding the room and amenities provided including the ABF and our staff had done a great job. And above all you were made to feel welcome which we pride ourselves on the little touches of Thai we provide to our guests.

We're even more delighted to hear that you will be staying here again. We very much look forward to your return visit to Centre Point Pratunam Hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our stay at Centre Point Pratunam was great. They have friendly staff. I forgot her name but she helped me even though it was difficult for her to explain in English but she tried with smile. They have spacious room minus the stove and microwave. Before, I read the review about this hotel, it stated that they provide stove and microwave. When check in, the girl at the receptionist asked whether I wanted for the city view or the back side of the hotel. I asked for the city view, when I entered the room, it was the back side. I phoned the receptionist but she told me that the city view was full booked. I insisted for the city view that she promised me before. And I was moved. Moved on the same floor but still not at the view that I wanted. Why bother to ask then at the first place?
Despite of the problem. I like this hotel. The location and the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Suandi D,

I am so thrilled to note that we were able to meet your expectation in term of your pleasant stay, location and you found our staff was friendly too. I would like to thank you for highlighting the area of improvement to us. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by our receptionist and be assured that they continue to receive the necessary guidance and any appropriate retaining takes place to avoid any recurrence.

I do hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Centre Point Pratunam Hotel in the near future,for another stay.