“Ask for information”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #152 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

To : Hotel Representative

Actually I haven't stay in Centre point yet. However since their Reception doesn't respond to my email 'til now then I thought it'd be better if I ask details here.

I had booked rooms online for November and i simply need confirmation for that.
I also need to know the details for transport arrangement.

Hopefully the hotel representative would kindly give me any clear feedback.

Also pls kindly inform the valid email address of Center Pont for further communication.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Cahyadi J,

First of all, please accept my apologies that you were not received confirmation from our hotel. I am unable to comment freely without knowing the full details of your booking. However, I would recommend you to contact our reservation center by mail to (rsvn_pratunam@centrepoint.com) please be assured that as soon as we receive your mail our staff would be delighted to provide you of any information you may have including for the transport arrangement and will respond in shortly or calling to ( 66 2 ) 251-8083 Fax ( 66 2 ) 251-8900

Thank you very much for giving us the chance to be at your service and choosing to stay at our hotel for your next trip to Bangkok. We very much look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'll just state in point form so it's easier for reading :)

1. Location: I chose this hotel primarily because of location, and it really is a 5 min walk away from Platinum shopping mall, and close to the Pratunam morning market. It is directly opposite Pantip Plaza, and I love that there's so much going on in that area (street food, malls, etc etc)

2. Service: When we arrived, the service was great. Bellboys and reception staff were extremely polite and friendly, which made a very good impression on us. From check in, everything was efficient and fluid.

3. Rooms: Huge, compared to other hotels I've stayed in Bangkok. This is probably because of the fully functional small kitchenette equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, cutlery and plates and such, and a sink. Also the all important kettle for boiling water! Very clean, nothing was spoilt/broken (at least in my room) and didn't look too old either. The beds were incredibly comfy and was king-sized, so it was a great night's sleep for me every night (yay). There is also a hairdryer, which was good (: Overall, very happy with the rooms!

4. Getting there: (ok this is important. Depending on what company you travel in, public transport may or may not be suitable. If you are carrying a lot of stuff (WHY? Pack light and buy EVERYTHING there. My partner brought only 3 pairs of underwear and facewash. LOL. He bought all his clothes there.) then it would make sense to take a cab, or if you are travelling with more people so you can split the taxi fare. As for me, I will ALWAYS take public transport regardless and attempt to find my own way there. Firstly for the experience, secondly because it is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper, and lastly because I HATE and it saves me the hassle and pain of having to bargain with taxi or tuktuk drivers and avoid having to travel wondering whether they are bringing me to a gem shop (a scam). So I'm sharing with you how you can get there via public transport.)

I got there from Suvarnabhumi airport by taking the AIRPORT LINK. It's their train service, follow the signs at the airport and you should get there. You are taking the City Line (BLUE) to the last stop, Phaya Thai station. Purchase your tickets (about 55 baht?) and enjoy the ride. It didn't feel like 45 minutes contrary to other reviews... sit and chat/enjoy the view, the ride will go faster :) (Also, it seems they are opening a YELLOW line soon, called Phaya Thai Express Line, which might make the trip faster in the future!)
Exit Phaya Thai station and head towards Phaya Thai BTS. Just look for another alleviated train platform - you can't really miss it. There'll be a wide walkway when you exit and you can see it and head towards it. Take the BTS one stop to Ratchathewi Station, should cost you 15 baht.
When you reach Ratchathewi station, exit from Exit 4 on the RIGHT (follow the signs, they actually tell you where to exit to Centrepoint at the BTS station) and when you go down, turn LEFT. LEFT, do not go straight when you head down. Turn LEFT, which will bring you around and behind the stairs you came down from, and walk till the junction (you should be able to see the junction). You are currently along Phayathai Road. At the junction, cross left again (not straight) and walk. You should now be along Phetchaburi Road. Now just walk straight till you hit
Petchburi 15. By now you should already been able to spot Centrepoint. If you see GLOW hotel, you're on the right track as well.

Thus: Airport Link (Blue) --> Phaya Thai Interchange --> Phaya Thai BTS station --> (one stop) Ratchathewi Station
--> Exit 4, turn left, turn left again at junction, (spot Centrepoint/Glow Hotel) and walk straight.
At the beginning of the soi there's a sign that says 'Centrepoint Hotel' so don't worry about missing the road. It might sound complicated but the journey took us less than an hour. The walk is only about 10-15 minutes depending on walking speed but it is very helpful to know how to get TO the BTS if you want to visit places of interest that require commuting e.g. Patpong Market is at Sala Daeng station, etc. If still not reassured, download an offline version of the map and navigate from Ratchathewi BTS (:

Extra tips/notes:
- The hotel requires a 1000 baht deposit for the room cards, which they will return you upon check out. You can probably spend this if you want, on the last day.
- There is a SIDE DOOR! As the main gate is inside a soi (Soi 6 - a smaller road, alley of sorts), when you come back shopping from Platinum/Pantip or whatever, as long as you are along the main road where all the malls are, there is side door which you can access (which is more convenient after all the shopping. Ask the staff or leave through the side door when you exit the hotel to know where it is - it is just beside the two lifts; you can't miss it. To remember where it is when you come from the outside, there's a 7-11 just a few feet away (and in the day, a coconut juice/jelly street store right outside. TRY IT!! delicious for a hot day).
- Some people might want to know this, the bathroom has a bathtub.
- Walk a few more Soi down to 4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19, I went to try the famous Sab Sab Wanton Noodles. Google for a picture of the shop. So unassuming when it was in front of me but oh, I never tasted wanton noodles so simple yet delicious before. Must try at least once I'd say.
- Wifi was steady = great
- There is a taxi service booth right at the main entrance of the hotel so it is more convenient if you are taking a taxi back to the AIRPORT, because they can easily arrange it for you. Because they are tied with the hotel you can be assured that the taxi drivers won't do anything funny, but with that the prices are also much higher than you can get outside (fixed prices), which is why I said only the airport (we used this service only to the airport, travel to the airport properly and without hassle). If you're travelling within Bangkok I'd say go on the streets and hail, it is much cheaper, although there are all the problems with bargaining, the gem shop scam and getting them to turn on their meters. (sigh).
- I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone, but I would think groups or families in particular because of the kitchenette - can boil milk or whatever, stuff like that. We used it only to boil water and eat the street food we bought back haha
- I'm not sure if you already know this and you SHOULD. Tuktuk drivers especially, will charge you at 100 baht for a location like MBK. This is standard, and it is difficult in my own experience to be able to get anything lesser, unless you are with a Thai (oh then everything changes). They will always say something along the lines of "Before we go, I bring you to see good shop" basically to stop over somewhere else before your intended destination. Thank the dude politely and insist that you want to go straight to wherever you're headed. If he refuses, get out. But they would normally oblige and bring you safely to your destination. But if you do get to a gem shop somehow, go in and quickly go out. DO NOT drink anything they offer you. (Google the gem shop scam) In this trip itself the ONLY tuktuk ride I had was extremely unhappy because the guy was so offended that we didn't want to stop over somehow. I have personally experienced the attempt to bring me to a gem shop, thankfully I escaped unscathed but when I think about it I get pissed off. I wasted all that time for nothing urgh.

Anyway overall, I am very satisfied with the hotel and I'll likely come back again if I do revisit Bangkok. Hope the review helped!

Room Tip: If you're facing the roads, ask for a higher floor to avoid noise. (We stayed on a high floor, s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GrYong7
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear GrYong7,

I cannot thank you enough for your essential review which I believe will be useful for other TripAdvisor users.

I am so thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and you highly valued our hotel especially for the location, service and room. Your heartfelt words inspire us to continually improve our commitment to delivering the good service and quality standards which we always endeavor to provide memorable moment for our guest.

Most of all for recommending us to other travelers is very much appreciated. We are truly happy to hear that you will come back to stay here again. We look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel (early July 2014) and it was a very pleasant experience. The location is ideal for shopping as it is almost front of the Pantip Plaza IT shopping mall as well as closer to other shopping malls such as Platinum Fashion Mall and Grand Diamond shopping centre. It is also very close to the Phaya Thai Airport Link railway station (15 min drive by taxi, cost about THB50-60). Phaya Thai station is the last railway station (from Suvarnabhumi Airport ) of the Airport Rail Link, takes about 45 min (slow train) from the Airport.

I booked the room on-line and the email communication with the reservation office was very efficient. Upon my arrival the check-in was very smooth. Hotel staff - in particular reception staff -was friendly and very helpful. The room was large, comfortable, very clean and functional – good value for the price. The room had a fully functional small kitchenette equipped with a full size refrigerator, Microwave, cutlery and other utensils. I had a great view of the city and the pool from my room/balcony. The complimentary Wi-Fi service was very good.

There are plenty of street food, restaurants/eateries and massage shops around this hotel. There are lots of food stalls in the shopping malls as well.

Room Tip: try to get the room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AusiTraveller

Dear AusiTraveller,

It was our pleasure to hear that you had a very pleasant experience stay with us. I am pleased to note that we were able to meet your expectation in term of service, room and amenities provided and our location worked perfectly well for you.

We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel on your future visit in Bangkok.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for the first time and was very impressed with the service and the room. Only problem was the shower. It was very difficult to control the temperature of the water. Hotel is closed to shopping malls ans restaurants. The doorman was very helpful in arranging transport to the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the 28th floor which was large and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear hwchew18,

I'm glad that we could meet your expectation in term of service and you quite impressed our guestroom and you seemed to have a pleasant stay with us. I thank you for special mention the doorman and I have already shared your compliment with the staff. However, I'm sorry for the temperature of water was difficult to control. Please be assured that we will work to rectify this matter further .

We look forward to your 2 nd stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed last May 2014 in this hotel and I would say "it's really worth value for money". The location is great, just a few steps from many shopping malls around. In front of Pantip Plaza, few steps from Platinum Fashion Mall, Pratunam market and more shopping sale stores. We stayed in De luxe room and it's wide with complete amenities with bath tub. My daughter enjoyed the kids club and swimming pool with salt water. The ambiance in our room was so nice facing the baiyoke tower with balcony. Our room did not include breakfast because there's so many restaurants around to choose from. Every time we travel to bangkok we always choose this hotel, cheap, accessible and complete amenities. Over all, so great, and very comfortable to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a very nice view of bangkok
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear ynez1070,

Allow me to thank you for your very nice review and I am so pleased to hear that the over all you have had such an enjoyable stayed with us and we could in exceed your expectations in term of the price, the good location, the room and amenities provided. I am proud to read that you felt the ambiance in your room was so nice. Moreover, I am so happy to know that your daughter enjoyed the kids club and swimming pool. Your kind comments will inspire us to work even harder to develop our facilities and knowledgeable service which represents excellent value at all time.

Once again, thank you very much for giving us the chance to be at your service and choosing to stay at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Apicha Sulsamosorn

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is my 3rd stay with my wife in your hotel. Driver arrived punctually as always to pick us to and fro from airport and to hotel. We are always satisfied with the room allocation and facilities especially the bed and pillows that makes us snooze soundly after doing massage. We stayed at Rm 1503 for 5D 4N on 7 Jul 2014. We would like to suggest more variety for breakfast as early 7 am, there are already  many tourists coming down to queue for food.

Location of the hotel is great and strategic! Street food available right outside and Platinum Mall and Pratunam Mkt are just walking distance. There is a 7-11 behind the side entrance of the hotel. Recommended massage at Sabai at reasonable prices and good massues just outside along the hotel stretch.
Hotel staffs are all very friendly from reception to housekeeping and even security guards. This is 2nd visit we catered Ms Nena’s taxi services as we need to wake up at 4 am to visit faraway temples. We tell her and showed her pictures and she straightaway knows where we want to head to despite the long name of the temple that we cannot remember. She went extra miles to make sure the driver stopped along the journey and bring us for breakfast. Although it looks like a simple and rural roadside stall, her recommendation of food is delicious to our surprise and we are able to accept the taste. Need to praise her driver Jum Long, a very patient driver who waited with us for 6 hrs to wait for the temple to open and take Q number for us. Thru out the 6hrs, he still has his  smile on and never complain or show black face. Next day we went to a famous seafood restaurant for dinner, Ms Nena still tell us before we head out, to tell her what we ordered after we come back in case we got ripped off and tell us outside taxi fares are around how much and be careful of pickpockets in certain areas, very considerate of her. We told her what we ordered and she said yeah thats reasonable.
I would like to highlight on one incident, me and wife came back from shopping and lunch and saw a group of tourists raising voices and blaming Ms Nena and her driver for inefficiency. But what we over heard in the conversation is that they are rushing to airport and yet wanting to go nearby mall and pick up something but due to afternoon massive jam, there is no way the driver can let them alight and wait nearby and gush off after that. It sounds dangerous too! The tourists demand they already paid and expect driver to follow instructions but Ms Nena explained patiently it will delay time to go airport and she do not want that to happen and the latter will sure miss the flight. She still say can refund $ but they insisted their way and then after discussing and scared really miss flight, they just accept her clarification and slam hard the taxi door and left. We see Ms Nena and her driver still putting on smile and never raise their tones at all even the tourists very attitude towards them.  She still continue to serve other customers politely with a bright smile and very happy mood as if nothing happened earlier on. We also encounter a scene at the restaurant where the customer suddenly demands to see the manager when the waitress tells him to put the shells in the plate given and not on the table. He seems very agitated and scolded her upside down and still say he pays and expect to be treated like a king not just a customer only. That manager and waitress still apologized to him and without arguing back. We feel that Ms Nena has also done well in clarifying to let the tourists know what is her goodwill and not straightaway argue back too. We understand customers are not always right , some are very unreasonable seriously!
I will recommend my friends to stay at yr hotel, looking forward to staying at yr hotel in the near future, once again compliments to NENA and team

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jennpk
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Jennpk,

You have described perfectly ! Thank you so much for highlighting the positive aspects and the area of improvement of our hotel which I found very useful and the constructive feedback such as yours will encourage us to work harder every day striving for excellence in everything we do. I am totally agree with you that Ms Nena and team to be helpful and deserved for your compliments. I am sure they will be thrilled when I share your review with them.

It is great pleasure when our guests recommend our hotel to others. We very much look forward to your 4th stay in our hotel on your future visit in Bangkok.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

It's was a very enjoyable Stay that I'm coming back this 31/7/2014

We Stay in 2306 and the view was amazing, the room was spacious N there kitchen that you can make food hot.
It's more like a small apartment then hotel.
I like it so much that stuff and friendly and courtesy
And from bell boy to chambermaids they are so Awesome.
Truly thumbs up experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear mel_7836,

It is absolutely delighted ! This is our utmost reward for me and my team and thank you so much to post such a glowing review.

The whole team and I felt proud to learn that on this occasion we were able to meet all your expectations to creative the memorable experience for you. We love to look after all of our guests, not as a duty but from the heart.

I am truly happy to note that you are coming back to the hotel soon. We very much look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.

Resident Managerg