“Certainly Up to Expectations”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #152 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Certainly Up to Expectations”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

If you love shopping and massages, Pratunam is the place to be at. Centre Point Pratunam is one of the best hotels in the area because of its strategic location. It's near the entire shopping area and massage spas are at its doorstep. The hotel security guard can see those spas so it's absolutely safe even for a single lady to walk there at midnight.

The hotel has spacious rooms that are suitable for families and big groups. I got the room with a king-sized bed and a kitchenette. The kitchenette was well-equipped and utensils were clean. They offered me a cot without me having to ask. The sofa converts into a sofabed but it looked too old and dirty to my liking. They also have rooms for up to 4 adults. All this at a very wallet-friendly price.

Hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. They were aldo very prompt. Room service was affordable and food was decent. Lifts move very quickly to cover the 30 levels. Bed was comfortable. Fittings were slightly old but well-maintained. Security was good. It was almost a perfect 5 nights apart from the inconsistent housekeeping.

On certain days, they wouldn't even pick up the book under the table - meaning vacuuming wasn't thorough. On certain days, they wld so kindly wash all the dishes. Only sheets and towels were promptly changed. Other than that, they wouldn't even arrange anything in sight. A very odd experience as most would usually arrange stuff on the table or toilet neatly. Other than this, the stay was close to perfect. We enjoyed our stay at Bangkok and the hotel played a big part.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Princessgx,

What a joy to read your positive feedback. I really appreciate all of your comments. We genuinely love to indulge our guest to exceed their expectation in term of standards of service. I'm truly glad to hear that we have reached our aim. I'm very pleased that you enjoy your stay and the team looked after you well. Our guests have always found the hotel strategically located and we're glad you did too.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've been to bangkok a few times and have stayed in different hotel each time i went there, This is the best hotel i could say. I love the room because its very spacious and the room is super clean as compared to those previous hotels that i have stayed in. I wen to the gym, swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna, and i am very satisfied with the amenities they provides. I would surely return back again to this hotel in future because of their good service and amenities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear FrancisLee07,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We always try our hardest to meet our guest expectation and it pleases me to read your impression of our hotel and to see how much you enjoyed the atmosphere, service and amenities of the hotel such a memorable day deserves to be recognized.

I am even more delighted to hear that you would surely return back again to our hotel. We very much look forward to welcoming you with our undivided attention.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 5 nights in August 2014

Why I like this place:
1. Awesome service. My boyfriend was injured and was wheelchair bound during our stay. The friendly and helpful bell boys - Mr Chai, Mr Poker, Mr Roy, Mr Nico and Mr Navy - willingly helped my boyfriend up to the room and the cab. They even helped us to carry the wheelchair into the boot everytime without fail. I'm beyond satisfied with their customer service!

2. The hotel is located around 10-15 mins away from the nearest BTS station but they provide taxi services at no extra cost! You just have to let them know your destination and you can happily wait in the lobby area. Most of the cabs go by meter too.

Overall I'm super satisfied with my stay here!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Bifang K
Dear Bifang K,

I was so thrilled to read your wonderful feedback. I was pleased that the service and attention to detail we pride ourselves on created such a favorable impression and that you very much appreciated our exemplary level of service especially for the bell staffs. I had passed your compliment to my great team here.

I do hope that we will indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back to Centre Point Pratunam Hotel in the near future, for another stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Picked the hotel because it was the only available for online booking for 3pax sharing, which fitted the requirement for convenience and comfort. It was an awesome choice.
Firstly, the service here is great. The staff smile at you, even the chambermaid greets me every morning. The work is tough but they handle things well and fast.
Next, the location is fantastic. You can be out shopping straight out of the hotel. Every night when we go back we don't fail to visit the convenience store. Some of us also went to the nearby massage place, which was pretty good. (We went to the one called Smile something for consecutive 2 nights).
Finally, I tried the pool and the gym on the last morning, and regretted not waking up earlier each day to have a dip at the jacuzzi. While there was no view to speak of (it's right smack in Bangkok downtown anyway), a morning dip gives you a good start to the day.

Other points include the spacious room, the big fridge (it is a normal kitchen fridge, not those bar fridge) and clean bathroom. I won't mind coming back to stay again for the next shopping trip.

Room Tip: Level 5 rooms are right above the pool/dining area, so it is slightly noisy in the morning. Also, fo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear EriffeJD,

How wonderful to read your comments about our hotel. I was delighted to learn that our central city location provided a convenient base for your visit. I was so happy to note that our team provided you with highest standard of service and our guest room fitted for your requirement.

We do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in hopefully not too distant future.

Wetteren, Belgium
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stay here when I want some luxury during my thailand travel. A very comfortable room with good bed, bath tub and a small kitchenette. Close to a massage street and pratunam shopping area.

Great service with a smile. Friendly staff. The Roomservice is good. A very spacious room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Thai_Traveller355
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Thai_Traveller355,

Many thank for taking the time to leave this great feedback. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that everything went well.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Apicha Sulsamosorn
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Good service at the reception when we check-in. The stay is very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. Special thanks for the staff, Mr Nany, for bringing us great service in helping us to arrange for us the transportation in the Bangkok area. In this hotel, we will feel safe. Everything is arranged properly. We very delighted, leaving us this a memorable vacation.~

Room Tip: Choose the room that is not facing the main road, because it is very noisy at midnight.~
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear keeyint,

We were delighted by your kind words. Our staff take pride in everything they do to ensure that our guests feel a good time and to make their stay one that is memorable. I'm glad that we succeeded to meet our goal.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Centre Point Pratunam Hotel on a future visit.

Greece
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 days on 28th floor...Our deluxe apartment was spacious clean and well maintained. The view was awasome. Hotel lobby relaxing with nice atmosphere. Hotel location exceptional, in the heart of the pratunan shopping district. Breakfast really good with variety.

Drawbacks:

The wooden floor at the pool area, is slippery and torn out..It is really dangerous for kids and needs directly repairment.

Special thanks to Nany who help us with our luggages and taxi in order to have a smooth check out and airport transfer.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ganlayer3
Dear ganlayer3,

I am glad to hear that you have had such an enjoyable time at our hotel. We are proud to read that you found our breakfast really good with variety. However, we have noted your comment about the wooden floor issue at the pool area and we have worked to rectify this matter immediately and I would like to apologies for that matter.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel soon.