“Good enough”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #152 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Centre Point Pratunam Hotel during our last visit to Bangkok just last week.

The location is superb and yes the staff is friendly and helpful.

The room was exceptionally big and spacious. My kids had a great time running in the room, a rarity when you are in a hotel room. There was even a microwave oven and a refrigerator. Bed was comfy and so were the pillows.

When I decided to go shopping and needed to set my bearings right when leaving the hotel, the concierge guide me without me asking and even lead me to the side entrance to help me find my way out to the main road. Nice and helpful gesture.

Buffett breakfast was not bad but it will be better if variety can improve more as really got slightly sick of the food on the 3rd day.

The only problem was on the Final night. Upon coming back at night to the room, we were shocked when we open the door and the room had a terrible smoke smell. We suspect it was from the connecting room next door.The smell was overpowering indeed. Housekeeping came and spray air fresher but it was only a temporary relief.

We asked Housekeeping why is next room smoking on a non smoking floor. He told us this is a smoking floor. We told him we since day 1 emphasis we wanted a non smoking room. He asked us to check with reception.

Credit to the hotel, Reception called us and offered us a new room but as it was our last night and we needed to pack we rejected their offer. The smell persisted and I seriously had a bad night on the final day.

Other than the smoke incident, we had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. I hope the hotel will pay more attention to customers request when reservation is done for a stay as it may ruin a perfectly good stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dominic_Ho
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Dominic_Ho,

First of all, I would like to apologies for not having been able to creative the total memorable experience you were hoping for regarding the smoke incident and you were not received the non smoking floor even you had requested. This is not our usual standard and I am deeply sorry for that.

Please be assured that we have addressed this issue with the staff concerned and will ensure that they continue to receive the necessary guidance to avoid a recurrence of this incident.
We truly believe that the constructive feedback such as yours will allow us to achieve the highest satisfaction of our guest.

However, I am delighted to note that you were very satisfied with the room size and in-room amenities provide and you also found our location was superb. I thank you for your kind words for staff service. I have shared you comment with our restaurant manager and he is currently looking into this matter further.

I can assure you that our team will always extend a warm welcome to each and every guest, on each and every single stay. We will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Rooms are big and clean! Staff spoke good English! Location was a 7 mins away from the famous Platinum Mall, less than 15 mins away from Central Mall and Siam train station. Choose highfloor to enjoy the scenic view of Bangkok!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank summer_non
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear summer_non,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that you like our hotel especially the size of room, quality of cleaning, good English communication and that our location was ideal for your needs.

I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The location of the hotel is very convenient to most of the shopping centre like platinum, pratunam, central world etc.
Hotel services are perfect and it's very clean and spacious for the hotel room. I would come back here again definitely.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank kutechye

Dear Kutechye,

Wow! Thank you so much that you thought us "Marvelous" we really do strive to make our guest stay as comfortable and convenient as possible and I am glad that you found our location worked perfectly well.

We're truly happy to hear that you would definitely come back to stay with us again. We very much look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have very satisfied with the kind and helpful colleagues!

NANY Special thanks for your help!

Maximum-clear clean hotel rooms, restaurant, gym room, swimming pool, etc!

I've been several times and will back to Centrepoint, Petchburi 15 Hotel next time! The hotel is best for me and friens!

Thank you very much!

dr szikora peter

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank drszikora

Dear drszikora,

It is with great pride that I read your comments about the staff were kind helpful and friendly following your return visit. I am pleased that you satisfied the cleanliness and facilities provide.

We're even more delighted to hear that you will stay here again. We very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to Bangkok but this time I brought my children along with me . I stayed in Centre Point hotel - Pratunam from Aug 9 till Aug12, 2014 , room # 1712. The hotel is located in the strategic area and walking distance to the shopping areas. The room is big,  conviniece and spacious room to put all of your stuff. Room facilty is no comparisson to other 4 star hotel. You may find pantry with everything in it like semi apartment. The most important thing , the staff very professional and helpfull . Especially Ms Nina, who is very kind, friendly and corteous to us. during our stay in BKK, she helped me to arrange a taxi to go anywhere in BKK. The service is very very excellent,two thumbs up. And other concierge staffs Mr Nani and Mr Sunny are very helpfull to us and to other guests as well.
This hotel is highly recommended to any travellers who are seeking for  the best service  hotel in Bangkok.

I am absolutely will return to this hotel on my next visit.Highly appreciated to Ms Nina and Mr Nani who are very helpfull during our stay in Bangkok. Thank U Nina for the goody bags U gave me, love it.

Warm Regards,
Felia Henliati

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Felia E

Dear Fella E,

Thank you so much for this fabulous feedback! You made my day.

We always endeavor to provide memorable moment for our guest and we are delighted that we did that for you. Our main daily aim to enchant our guests and to positively surprise them. I am really glad to hear that you found the team professional in providing you with highest standard of service and thank you for specifically mentioning Ms.Nena, Mr.Nani and Mr.Sunny. And I would like to say that it was great pleasure to look after you whilst you were our guest.

As we rely on word of mouth referral. Your kind offer to recommend us to other travelers is very much appreciated. I am even happier to note that you will absolutely return to our hotel on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was my first bangkok trip with my group of girlfriends and it was a great stay over at Centre Point Pratunam!

It was just right opposite Platinium mall from the side door and walking distant to the pratunam market where i can shop for all the cheap clothes and eat all the good food there.

Other places for shopping and even the clubs and pubs are just about 15min cab ride away only! If you wanna go for massage, there are a stretch of massage parlour just right outside the front door of the hotel although they don't open till late at night. the 'Number one' Massage parlour give good and cheap massages! i went there for feet massage for about 2-3 times, and body massage once during my 5 days stay over there! hahaha!

One of my friend and i were almost late for our flight and we had to get a Cab immediately so we booked a cab from the hotel. it's not cheap though and we didn't know that we needed to book it before hand. But we had no choice and pray that they can get a cab asap for us and they really did their best to find an available cab for us in about 10min. We managed to reach the airport just 5min before the check-in time. thankfully the cab driver rushed for us as instructed by the person who booked the cab for us. Surprisingly, the person who booked the cab for us can speak both chinese and english well too and it was soooo much easier for us to communicate with her rather than having to stand there and waste our time trying to pass our msg to her using sign language and all which was what happened almost the entire trip to mostly taxi drivers and shop owners.

We got a room with 2 king size bed and a small kitchen. It's extremely suitable for groups of 4 to stay. It's was very spacious and we could put all our loots in there and still have lots of space to walk around the room. There's is also a balcony for us. Our room was also a smoking room, so you don't really have to worry to smoke in the room too as they also provided us with an ashtray.

Overall, it was a great stay! room was clean, and the housekeeping people were so kind to clean our room even after the cleaning time. Super thankful for that! :)

Room Tip: The room i got was a big room w 2 king sized bed and it was fine. So i guess any rooms should be fin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NatashaMCW

Dear NatashaMCW,

I am equally thrilled to learn that we were able to meet all your expectations and created the memorable experience for your recent stayed with us. In particular , you found our room comfortable with good size and our taxi service was well arrangement . However as you were so kind to mention our room attendant is more than happy to hear that.

We'd certainly love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

It was hard locating the hotel for me (or rather the taxi driver) as we drove along the main shopping street looking for it. I had to alight somewhere to navigate the crowded streets to find the small side entrance to the hotel. The hotel could put up a large signboard indicating the entrance rather than just door stickers. The location of the hotel is awesome, all the hustle and bustle is just right outside the side door, with the shopping giants just right down the street.

Check in was fast, and the staff were friendly all the way. Went up to my room on the 12 floor and a strong paint smell from the room welcomed me. The smell was so strong, as if someone just did a paint job in the room. The hotel did not change the room for me, but rather sent someone up with a fragrant spray. Thank goodness the room have glass doors that lead to a balcony so i could air the room. The room otherwise is really huge for the price!

The hotel only has two elevators serving the whole 30 plus storeys building, which can be quite anxious when u are rushing for time. The outdoor pool is a salt water pool (kinda cool) but it is located just beside the breakfast area, so if u go swimming in the morning, u're kinda like a fish in an aquarium.

Room Tip: There are smoking and non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rynne T
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Rynne T,

Thank you very much for sharing you kind feedback following your stay with us. We really do appreciate your kind comments as it is extremely important to us to help improve the services and facilities that we provide.

Firstly, please accept our profound apologies for the all shortcoming especially, the smell came from painting. We have drawn the attention of our housekeeping who will in turn ensure that the discrepancies will not recur and I would like to apologize for the discomfort of waiting lifts and the signboard a bit small.

However, I am pleased that we can meet your expectation in service and size of guest room. It is also nice to know that our location was awesome.

Hoping you will give us an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.