“Worthy place to be in” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #146 of 844 Hotels in Bangkok
Guwahati, India
“Worthy place to be in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Booked my rooms through a third party website and everything was provided by the hotel as advertised. They upgraded me to a Premium Delux room [Room 718] as promised. Very appropriate for a family of four. Big room with a dining area, cutlery and plates provided and also a sink to wash plates etc. They provide a good size electric water kettle and the room has a 150 ltr fridge and not those tiny hotel room ones.

The staff are very friendly and well behaved. Breakfast - its better to pay the few bucks extra to include complementary breakfast - is a good spread with both Thai and Continental food and ofcourse a lot of good fruits.

For those who loke to shop. ... this is it. Everything is within walking distance be it clothes, computers, street food, massage palours and even malls.

While they will ask that you check out by 1pm they have the courtesy to allow you to keep luggage in safe custody until your time to go to the airport. Oh yes, they also provide a good sized weighting scale so you can play around with your baggage :-). In the lobby is a small complimentary coffee and drinks corner for your comfort and the WiFi is very good. I would recommend it to both business and holiday travellers.

Stayed September 2014, travelled on business
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear AmbaJamir,

We are so delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and everything went well and we met your expectations in term of standard of service, room size, in-room amenities, breakfast and location as well. I have passed on your kind words to the team who appreciate our guests taking the time to write.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Good service, convenient, nice hotel.. Highly recommended this hotel.. you won't be regret... less than 5 minutes walk to body massage. Easy to get a taxi, central to go anywhere. . we will choose Centre Point hotel again for my next Bangkok trip.. recommended to my friends who are going to BKK must choose this hotel..

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Selly C
Dear Selly C,

It is great pleasure when our guests recommend our hotel to others and thank you so much for that. Receiving such feedback like you will inspire us to work harder everyday striving for excellence in everything we do.

I am so happy to note that we will have a chance to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next Bangkok trip. We very much look forward for serving you soon.

Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Hotel location is great, it is at the pratunam area where you can conveniently walk to pratunam market, platimum mall and Big C etc. There is a row of shop providing massage next to the hotel too. Hotel front desk staff service is excellent too. They will assist to attend to customers who are in the queue by helping them to get ready all documents required for check-in. This definitely helps in shortening the check-in processing time.

I arrived Bangkok in early morning and hotel staff help to do an early check in for me by upgrading me to a bigger room with 2 king size bed. Welcome fruits was also provided. There is plenty of shop, street stalls and convenient stores located next to the hotel.

Unlike some other service apartment, the room does not comes with an electric cooker nor washing machine. No cutlery was provided too.

This hotel has 30 floors but comes with only 3 lifts. You will probably need to have some patience in waiting for the lifts.

I'm rating the hotel with 2 stars as the water pressure for the bathroom was really poor. It was hard to have a warm shower.using the shower head. Unless you do not mind using the bathtub to bathe. Otherwise, you will end up like me...give up on the water temperature adjustment and do a quick shower with cold water. It is not possible for you to have warm shower, the water will turned really hot in seconds and when you try to adjust it, you will end up with cold water. This will be my main reason for not staying in this hotel anymore till the hotel is being renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for street view room if you would like to have a city view in your room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Shannahs_SG
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Shannahs_SG,

Thank you very much for highlighting the positive and negative aspects of your experience stayed with us recently which I found very useful.

While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably on this occasion, we have fallen short of the water pressure issue. Please be assured that we will immediately work to rectify this matter and I would like to apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort caused you.

We are proud to learn that you found our location was great and you quite impressed the service rendered by our front desk staff therefore we were able to meet your expectation in term of standard of service.

Hoping you will give us a second chance of welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact us personally of any future visits. to Bangkok. If we could ever assist you in any way to the future. Please contact Ms.Maitree our front office manager via her email Maitree.j@centrepoint.com
I am sure your next stay would be a more comfortable and enjoyable one.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed at Centrepoint Bangkok many times and have always had a high opinion of the Centrepoint chain. I stayed there in mid July and had a pleasant stay until I left for Chiang Mai. I am now rating this hotel badly and refusing to stay there anymore. When I returned from Chiang Mai I stayed at another hotel in Bangkok as Centrepoint was full. After going out, I got lost and roamed the streets of Bangkok for 36 hours with no money looking for my hotel as it was difficult to identify my hotel because it's name was in Thai language and alphabet only. At around 2am a motorbike driver volunteered to help me find my hotel and as he drove me around I started being accosted and abused by him. I sought protection and refuge in a CentrePoint hotel. The manager refused me even a glass of water and I was told not only to vacate the premises but to move some distance away even though the manager could see me still being harassed and in danger. The manager on duty spoke good English and I begged for his help to protect me until the motorbike driver went away but instead he instructed the hotel security to force me back into danger. He should lose his job for allowing anyone in danger and desperate to be treated like I was. Do not trust Centrepoint. They have no care or honour unless you are paying them money. They treated me very badly, put me in danger even though I have been a Centrepoint paying guest many times but still they would not help me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank taddles47
Dear taddles47,

I am extremely dismayed to learn that you were not helped by any member of our team. This is not our Centre Point Culture, and I am deeply sorry that you experienced this lack of engagement from our team and please accept our profound apologies for this matter.

I thoroughly understand your feeling that you had to face the difficult time while reading it. Please be assured that this type of error is not one we take lightly. We will take any necessary action to ensure that this situation does not recur again and ensure any appropriate retaining takes place.

However, I would like to thank you for your bringing your experienced to our attention. We truly believe that the constructive feedback such as yours will encourage us to work even harder to develop professional friendly and knowledgeable service to achieve the highest satisfaction of our guests in near future.

We view all our guests as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you with warm welcome and restoring your faith at Centre Point Hotel. Please do let me know of any future visit to Bangkok. I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally via my email apicha.s@centrepoint.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly female frontdesk staff greeted us upon arrival,our check in was at 2 but we reached the hotel at 12 after a good bowl of wanton noodles 5mins away and requested for a early check in,the lady who served us promptly got us a room 5mins later,hotel is strategically located with various malls and night markets around,quality foot massage just across the street,even a side entrance for easy access from another corner...Excellent service by the hotel staffs throughout our stay,booked NENA's taxi service just at the hotel's lobby for a ride home and the lady (Nena) spoke good english and gave us a good price for the road to the airport,was carrying a 8ft rod tube which was impossible to fit into a taxi...she offered a van at 200 baht more and even gave us a free taxi ride card for our next trip.I think she deserves a corner in the air-conditioned lobby than just a booth at the outside,the heat is crazy in bangkok!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Goh E
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Goh E,

The delivery of great customer care is very important to us and is something that we work at daily to ensure we are continually striving for improvement. Our staffs pride themselves in endeavoring immaculate to exceed our guest's expectation of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I 'm looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Centre Point Pratunam Hotel during our last visit to Bangkok just last week.

The location is superb and yes the staff is friendly and helpful.

The room was exceptionally big and spacious. My kids had a great time running in the room, a rarity when you are in a hotel room. There was even a microwave oven and a refrigerator. Bed was comfy and so were the pillows.

When I decided to go shopping and needed to set my bearings right when leaving the hotel, the concierge guide me without me asking and even lead me to the side entrance to help me find my way out to the main road. Nice and helpful gesture.

Buffett breakfast was not bad but it will be better if variety can improve more as really got slightly sick of the food on the 3rd day.

The only problem was on the Final night. Upon coming back at night to the room, we were shocked when we open the door and the room had a terrible smoke smell. We suspect it was from the connecting room next door.The smell was overpowering indeed. Housekeeping came and spray air fresher but it was only a temporary relief.

We asked Housekeeping why is next room smoking on a non smoking floor. He told us this is a smoking floor. We told him we since day 1 emphasis we wanted a non smoking room. He asked us to check with reception.

Credit to the hotel, Reception called us and offered us a new room but as it was our last night and we needed to pack we rejected their offer. The smell persisted and I seriously had a bad night on the final day.

Other than the smoke incident, we had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. I hope the hotel will pay more attention to customers request when reservation is done for a stay as it may ruin a perfectly good stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
3 Thank Dominic_Ho
Dear Dominic_Ho,

First of all, I would like to apologies for not having been able to creative the total memorable experience you were hoping for regarding the smoke incident and you were not received the non smoking floor even you had requested. This is not our usual standard and I am deeply sorry for that.

Please be assured that we have addressed this issue with the staff concerned and will ensure that they continue to receive the necessary guidance to avoid a recurrence of this incident.
We truly believe that the constructive feedback such as yours will allow us to achieve the highest satisfaction of our guest.

However, I am delighted to note that you were very satisfied with the room size and in-room amenities provide and you also found our location was superb. I thank you for your kind words for staff service. I have shared you comment with our restaurant manager and he is currently looking into this matter further.

I can assure you that our team will always extend a warm welcome to each and every guest, on each and every single stay. We will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Rooms are big and clean! Staff spoke good English! Location was a 7 mins away from the famous Platinum Mall, less than 15 mins away from Central Mall and Siam train station. Choose highfloor to enjoy the scenic view of Bangkok!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank summer_non
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear summer_non,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that you like our hotel especially the size of room, quality of cleaning, good English communication and that our location was ideal for your needs.

I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.