“Like a second home”

Ranked #84 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel is very well priced for the level of service and ambiance. My wife and I feel like we are home when we are there.

The staff are very polite and helpful and we are happy staying there when we are in Bangkok.

Our thanks to the staff and management for once again welcoming us.

Tom and Nuchnapa

Room Tip: I prefer the Soi Langsuan side but that's a personal preference only...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom K
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Tom K,

Thank you very much for your excellent review!

I am very happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay.
This review was shared to the team and they are also very happy.

We looking forward to welcoming you back here 'your second home' very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed here about 4 times, always good. Rooms are clean and spacious, comfortable. Beds are great, bathrooms and clean as is the rest of the room.
Front desk staff was great. Friendly, always smiling, welcoming as is the bell staff. I noticed that there were many "trainees" on staff when we checked in. They worked and welcomed us as if they were veteran staff. They were well trained! or just love their job. Either way, it is so NICE to see this, reminds me of the old Bangkok when "service" was always paramount. We are returning 3 different times this trip and we are already looking forward to staying again.

Minor issue, reservations did not seem to pass on full info that I asked for when making the reservation, such as no smoking, did not want the room with the washer. minor issue that the front desk staff quickly corrected.

Only complaint; we found that the restaurant that we usually go to was gone, so was our second option, so we ended up back at the Centre Point for dinner, too tired to go out looking for another further away. When we arrived at the hotel restaurant we found we were the only ones there, no problem. The hostess who greeted us, and I use greeted loosely in this sense never smiled. It was as if we were intruding upon her time. She was cold, not welcoming at all. My wife and I did not enjoy our meal, and quickly left. The rest of the staff in the restaurant were not much better.
The same hostess was there in the morning time. Same demeanor, no smile, not friendly, cold. Whatever happened to Thai Smile? The rest of the hotel staff are ALWAYS friendly, even house keeping, and they have one of the hardest jobs in a hotel.

Of course we'll be back. We love the Centre Point. Maybe some "retaining" for an unhappy hostess!?

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount for the one bedroom suite, well worth the extra few dollars for the space and c...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bulldogtwo
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear bulldogtwo,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

I am so happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay but I truly apologize for the shortfalls in regards the reservation process as well as the service at our restaurant. I definitely will reinforce proper training for both sections and will ensure this these will not reoccur.

Lastly, we hope to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We chose this hotel via the internet and were very surprised when we arrived. The room was a large as an apartment, and was on the l9th floor with a great view. We did not eat in the restaurant, but there were several restaurants close by There is also an American style grocery store across the street, behind the Marriott (although we didn't use it). The staff was very nice, and there is a little shuttle which took us to the sky train. The price was quite reasonable for what we received.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Osenior
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Osenior,

Thank you very much for sharing your excellent review.

We are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay from our room with great view to our staff and the Tuk Tuk shuttle service.

We hope to welcoming you back as our regular guest!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked 2 rooms and stayed there for 3 nights with my parent. Overall the experience is great, free drinks and comfort lobby is great for rest after back from a full day walk. Giving 4 out of 5 due to some faulty in the rooms, 1 of it the toilet door cannot be close, another 1 the bath tub drain is not working and I had to manually open the cap to let the water flow out. Other than that everything just perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jason_Tee1985,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

I am so happy to learn that your overall experience was great. But I truly apologize that our room had some faulty. I definitely will look into it especially the process of room inspection to ensure that this will not reoccur.

Lastly, we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back here again very soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a full serviced apartment. Located in a nicer neghnourhood of Long Suan, it has nicely appoined spacious rooms with a kitchenette. Very clean and service is quite good. They have a small restaurant downstairs and room service. However, the vicinity offers great thai restaurants, italian restaurants like Ugolini etc, amking it worth your while.Really fantastic value

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor. That gives you a great view of the city. If with friends, you can a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Iqbal H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

I am so happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay from our unique location and surroundings, to our spacious room and the services.

We hope to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have just enjoyed a very pleasant two nights stay at this hotel. The staff are all fantastic and friendly. Extremely helpful porter and receptionist! They always greet you with Thai wai and sawadee. The room is clean, quiet, spacious with good view. Breakfast, so nice. Importantly, the rate is very reasonable.
I love this hotel, definitely will come back.
Sawadee ka...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Alice C,

Thank you very much for your recent excellent review.

We are very happy to learn that you had an enjoyable stay from our staff to the room especially our traditional greeting by Thai Wai and Sawadee.

We hope to welcoming you back as our regular guest in the near future.

Thank you very much again and have a good time!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have booked before and stayed with my Thai girlfriend. We always get a warm welcome and 5* service. This time I booked it just for my Thai girlfriend as she was submitting her visa application to VFS Global which is only one street away. I pre booked on my credit card and made the reservation in her name. She was a little nervous to be honest. She is only 23 and its a big step up for her. She called me to say she was in a deluxe room and the check in was really good and she felt really happy the way she was treated at check in by the hotel.
I consider this hotel very value for money considering the location, the amenities and a 40sqm room. Goes without saying we will be booking when next in BKK. Hotel staff and management are a credit to Thailand.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Wutichai C, General Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Obiwanknobi,

Thank you very much for your return staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom.

I'm so delighted to learn that your girlfriend had a wonderful experience. My team also feel very happy after this excellent review has been shared.

All of us here looking forward to welcoming both of you back staying with us again.

Centre Point Hotel Chdilom