A stay at Center Point Silom provides great convenience in terms of access to the sky train as well as the ferry service which are the lifelines of travel around Bangkok. Being next door to the Robinsons Department store adds to the convenience. More importantly, the hotel is on the "right" side of the river where the major attractions lie.
We stayed here for one night in February 2014. The river-view service apartment (River-view Grand Suite) had a great view, though our requests for a complimentary early check-in and check-in on a higher floor were not entertained. The room had all the amenities promised though the water geyser as well as the toilet seat hand shower were not functional (quite shocking) at the time of check-in. However, the prompt response by the housekeeping staff ensured that the defective appliance was changed, though that took the greater part of an hour.
The complimentary breakfast was sumptuous but focused heavily on pork which was a letdown. The staff was quite helpful, especially the Bell Captain at the entrance who was quite prompt in hailing cabs and even in negotiating rates. If you are travelling to this place from the airport in a cab, 450 THB including the driver's tip would be a fair price to pay. We fixed the fare at 400 THB on our return trip to the airport with the help of the Bell Captain which seemed quite appropriate.
The proximity to the Asiatique, The Riverfront also proved to be a delight during our stay. If you are looking for a value-for-money stay with easy access to transport hubs in a safe neighborhood, then this place would serve the purpose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Hotel Silom, situated on the top of Robinson Bangrak Department Store and at the bank of Chao Phraya River, is in proximity to Saphan Taksin skytrain (BTS) station and Sathorn ferry pier; aiding quick and easy transfer to: The Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Pho Temple, Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), and Asiatique - the Riverfront and Community Mall (night bazaar). The hotel’s building is in the Jewelry Trade District of Silom and Sathorn road. It takes just a 5 min. drive to BKK Sea Shell Museum, and Sri Mahamariamma Temple; a mere 10 min. drive to Pat Pong (night life), and a short 15 min. drive to China Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centre Point Hotel Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Silom Bangkok
- Centre Point Silom Hotel Bangkok