“Great & helpfull staff, good location”

Ranked #97 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great & helpfull staff, good location”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After a long flight from France, i book in Center Point Silom for one night by the recommandation of a turism desk in the airport of BKK Suvarnabhum. I usually stay in Lebua Hotel ( 500 meters from Center point Silom) because is very close from French Embassy, and was convenient for me because i had an appointment there. I can say i was very happy of my staying in Center point Silom and will come back there for sure for my next stay in BKK . I would like to thank Mr Tan & Mr Tony from the reception who gave me an Upgreat upon C/I, they were very efficient and welcomed in a nice way. I really appreciate it after a so long flight. I had a very nice room, spacious, clean with all accomodations. In room you have everything, even a washing machine. It's a little appartment. When i enter in bathroom, i found a Japanese Toilet, was the first time i see one and was very funny to use it . All the staff are very friendly and helpfull. Especially the bellboy team. So i will like to say a special thank to Mr Alex, Mr Tiger , Mr Aaron who make our stay more comfortable. There are very polite, helpfull, smily, friendly and efficient, they make the difference. As i work as Head Concierge in big hotel in Geneva, i know witch staff are good or no. My wife join me during the night and they allowed us to park our car in front of the Hotel for the night. We unfortunately didn't try your restaurant because close very early 10 pm and the breakfast in the morning because we wake up to late. We was suppose to stay for one night but for some reason we had to extend our stay for one more night. After the experience in this hotel we decided to book for one more night. I check the price on Booking and Agoda to have an idea, and was the same price that we had but off course for a standard room not for the suite we had the night before. So we walking at the reception, and ask the price for night and they told us 3000 THB. As i see the price cheaper on the travel agent, i told them and ask them if was possible to have the same price that i saw. And they told me, no it's not possible to gave you this price you must book on the travel agent to have this price. I was really surprise about the answer from them. As i know, how it's work in hospitality business, i told them is ridiculous , that you don't gave me the same price that i saw in Booking and Agoda because if i book with them i will have the same price that yesterday, and hotel have to pay commission for them and instate of a C/I of 5 min it will take longer. They still refuse, i speak with the Duty Manager Mr Joey, but he didn't wanted to change his position because as i understand it's the politic of the Hotel and after he will have problem with Sales Department. Anyway, i directly book the room with Booking and as i was thinking when i come back with the reservation they had to search for my booking who was not update in there system, and the C/I take nearly 20 minutes, was very long and they had problem with the printer. Mr Tony was very nice, polite and finnaly gave us nice room, and i know that the fault not come from him, he really make everything to arrange the situation. I really enjoy my staying there and really like your staff but in my opignion you should change your politic about Room Booking, to not have such problem.
I will come back for sure in Hotel for my next stay in BKK but now i know that i will have to book via a travel agent to have the best deal.

Room Tip: Book a Suite Room on high Level
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Baroudeur69,

On behalf of our staff at Centre Point Hotel Silom, we hope your visit to Bangkok was memorable and met your expectations. We would like you to know how much we appreciated your recognition of our fine hotel and for the many kind words you expressed to our staff during your stay.

I apologize that you had an inconvenience during your extension period. I have discussed with the front office manager about it. We will try our best to prevent the same situation in the future.

I apologize once again and thank you very much for your kind patience and understanding.

Email: tanasit.t@centrepoint.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Before we stayed at this hotel we stayed at the Lebua. From the Lebua the Centre Point Hotel looked very tiny, and as I had booked already wondered if I had chose wisely.
But we were pleasanly surprised by the standard of the inside of this hotel.
The room was large and a bit dated inside.
The room also had a washer/dryer
I would recomend this hotel as a cheap stop over in Bangkok.
I payed £80 for my 2 grown up sons and myself for one night.
The breakfast was good.
The staff were helpfull

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear My_Opinion461,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your support at our Centre Point Hotel Silom. I will pass your comment to all departments to encourage their duties.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Centre Point hotel for 2 nights when we arrived in Thailand having booked the room through Agoda.

The hotel is in a busy part of town attached to a shopping mall (with a decent food court) about five minutes' walk from the Skytrain. It's very well located to explore the city.

The room was very spacious, it was clean and the amenities worked well although there was a slight whine on the aircon at certain settings. The swimming pool is a saltwater pool, it is clean and well maintained and the pool area is very pleasant with nice towels provided on arrival.

The breakfast was particularly good with a good range of Western and Asian, sweet and savoury options. Throughout our time there the service was good and we enjoyed our stay.

We paid £60 per night for our stay (approximately 3000 Bht) which may have been a little on the expensive side but overall the hotel definitely met our expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matthew R
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Matthew R,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let me know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for your next stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at the Centre Point Silom in April while I was attending a conference in Bangkok. To begin with the rooms are huge, comfortable and spotlessly clean. There's also a kitchenette which I loved. It was very convenient especially since I was staying there for six days and would often return after a long day. Adjacent to the hotel there's a shopping mall with different shops and many places to eat. There's also a large supermarket which is also very useful. The hotel's amenities are wonderful with a well equipped gym and fabulous swimming pool. A great place to relax and unwind up on the 7th floor with a lovely view of Bangkok. I also enjoyed the breakfasts which are buffet style and have a large selection of food; especially the delicious fresh fruit! What I also appreciated was the complimentary coffee and tea and juices in the lobby. I thought that was a lovely touch and shows it's a hotel which cares about its guests. The staff are extremely friendly and always ready to help you with any question or to provide assistance. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Sky Train and the hotel shuttle boats which go up and down the river. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Centre Point Silom and would definitely stay there again when I next visit Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Naomikv
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Naomikv,

I would like to take this time to personally thank you for staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Silom. We know that you have many choices when traveling and your business is very much appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your stay, and that our hotel property and staff exceeded your expectations.

For any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me or my front desk team here at the hotel. Thank you for choosing Centre Point Hotel Silom, and we hope to see you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First up, the rooms are HUGE! A kitchenette is included with a standard sized refrigerator/freezer. Not those minibar fridge. A hot water pot, microwave with kitchen sink and electric hotplates. There is a couch but on closer inspection it is a sofabed! So this room can effectively sleep 2 adults and 2 children! Bathroom is very well equipped with a full-size bathtub as well as a shower stall.

Location is very good because it is next to the Saphan Thaksin BTS station. Shops are aplenty nearby. Robinson department stall adjoins it on the same complex. There is a McD's, MK restaurant as well as a Tops supermarket. There is a massage place nearby as well.

Service from the staff is attentive and the breakfast offered by the Blue Spice restaurant fills and charges you for the day's activities.

The night however can be a hit or miss depending on the guests that are at your level. Get the night crowd, party type that comes back in the wee hours of the morning, they can awake you from sleep due to their loud screams over the night's encounters.

Top marks for this accommodation especially for the price paid.

Room Tip: If you can, choose a river view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DNAseI
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear DNAseI,

Oslo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good service and good gym whit sauna. Nice breakfast and clean rooms for 2000 Bht pr night. You have cooler, microwave and washing machine in the room. It possible to make some food at your room, you will possible not do that when you have food market all around you. Take tuk-tuk to asia antique, cost 80 bht from the hotel. It`s expensive compare to other places, but nice.

You can travel whit skytrain, where you want to go. Good hotel for family and couple.

Room Tip: Nice rooms all over. good value for the money.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Knut Erik E,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your support at our Centre Point Hotel Silom. Kindly be informed that there is a complimentary boat to Asiatique at Sathorn pier, you would have a boat ride along Chaophraya River directly to Asiatique within 10 minutes. Please ask for more information at the front desk on your next visit with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good points - great location, decent breakfast, when you Doherty the room you booked is lovely and lots of room.
Bad point-east wearied at the hotel and I made a point of confirming the room was a Grand Deluxe room and style yes. Was actually given a non renovated room which bore no resemblance to the photos on the website. Complained next morning and they changed it to the correct room which was lovely.
Be sure the hotel doesn't try and give you a rubbish room

Room Tip: See above free correct room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Surreyfamily1
Dear Surreyfamily1,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your support at our Centre Point Hotel Silom. I apologize that you had an inconvenience during your stay with us. I have brief my housekeeper and chief of technician to check and recheck all of our rooms before guests check in to prevent the same situation in the future.

My team and I will try our best to make our Centre Point Hotel Silom meet your most satisfaction. And I hope to make your next trip with us as perfect as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you.