“The first of a hotel to be stayed at BKK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grace Hotel

Grace Hotel
Ranked #773 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Kochi (Cochin), India
“The first of a hotel to be stayed at BKK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is first of all situated at the most happening area in BKK. As I was a walked in guest .The front office pushed me to a higher end room saying unavailability of the other category .All the way i stayed up to 4 nights as it was my first travel to BKK and a friend of me have suggested me the Hotel.They have a club at there ground floor which is ok ok or you say in thai as SO SO.But all the good clubs are very near by .
and the hotel have a real big Lobby which is to be mentioned. The food is also average and there are lots and lots of other variety restaurant just around every corners in this area.
The rooms which i got was huge but of not much luxury as added to the upsell price they quoted me.The most of the guest you see are Arabs here
The Hotel is good for a solo traveler or when traveling with friends.Not recommended for couples and family

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the higher floor facing the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rakki4u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

In general hotel has a lot of things those should be free, like Wifi. Luckily in 2012 Thailand got 3G due to which we didn't face too many issues. I won't recommend it even if you are not with family. Receptionists, as many of the other reviews say are so rude. 1500 Baht are not worth it. Location is good, close to BTS.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank qasimzee
Chittagong City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

grace is a big hotel at shukhumbit in bkk within tourest area. A very comport able hotel in the city for middle class tourest . hospital, shop, market, skytrain all very near. you may get everything here you want.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank mir motaher h
Lahore, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I had been to Grace twice... The best thing with this hotel is that it is of great money value. Hotel is old but fine. Room service and other hotel services are good but one thing that sucks that they don't offer free wifi. Wifi is common thing and they charge for it. Location is simple. Just tell your taxi driver "Grace Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi Sam-3". Many halal food restaurants are nearby and 7-Eleven too. Halal food is not a problem. Mosque is in the hotel. You can get BTS nearby to approach some great shopping malls like Siam Paragon, Central World and Terminal 21 etc...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Naveedtaji
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was dropped off at this hotel by the taxi driver because he assumed I was muslim due to the color of my skin. I rented a hotel room for 1300 baht per night and I was led to what turned out to be the old side of the hotel. It was a dingy room and my view out the window was the backside to one of the letters that made up GRACE HOTEL. I figured I was only going to spend a couple of nights so I didn't sweat it too much but I ended up having to stay a couple of extra days before I could get my flight out to Phuket I requested a better room. At this time I was told I still owed for the previous two nights and when I told him I had paid he didn't believe me. I told him I had a receipt as proof which he wanted to see. Even then he was convinced I hadn't paid. It was only when the original woman I had dealt with came into work I was able to prove that I had paid as she confirmed this. I then went over to the other side of the hotel which is much better and cleaner! This hotel is about 99 percent Muslim. The majority of the middle eastern women that hang out in this hotel are prostitutes and expensive ones! There is a disco bar in the hotel which pumps out music but once again it caters to the muslims. Personally I wouldn't stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the new side are much better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Vik_R72
SAHAM - Sultanate of Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Most of the people know grace hotel in Bangkok. I stayed the hotel several times and I am very happy with it, no problem at all.
Nice and wide rooms clean and tidy.

It is also good for Muslims because it has Mosque in the second floor where where it is very reachable place to find and easy for those who are not able to go to anywhere else to go for his prayers with well settings.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank lordcom2009
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Jeez, is this place still going. I remember it from the 70's, in particular the coffee shop where the girls from the bars who had not copped off with anyone would go after work . Wonderful bargains were to be had. Can't remember anything about the rest of the hotel, but I'm sure it was excellent in every way.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo