“Very Far From City”

The Seasons Bangkok Huamark
Ranked #733 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only 1 night but it is very far from the city, you can easily get other options within same budget in the city. Rooms and services are good but breakfast is ok for Indians. Will not suggest for Indians.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you for choosing us as your accommodation choice and taking the time to share your review following your recent visit at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark.
I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our first concern.

I regret that our hotel location and breakfast did not meet up to your expectations. Your suggestion has been carefully noted by our Chef who will take appropriate actions for further improvements accordingly.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in The Seasons Bangkok Huamark.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed In july as part of group tour. Rooms are small and expect the proportionate washrooms, no in room wifi. Breakfast was decent, Friendly Staff very helpful. Overall it was a decent place for couple of nights.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for choosing The Seasons Bangkok Huamark as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams which will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

On the other hand, we very much appreciate your constructive comment regarding the internet access in our hotel's room. Kindly allow me to exlain a bit regarding this issue.

As you may know that there are many booking channels to reserve the room at the hotels nowadays and different packages and booking conditions are considered according to the room rate. The hotel offers very special room rate to the travel agency where you have booked through for your previous stay with us. Therefore the booking details and condition are created with limited offer in order to keep the price low. Anyway I would propose the solution if you wish to have the free access of internet wifi, kindly process the room reservation directly with our hotel website: www.theseasons-hotels.com or e-mail us at rsvnhuamark@theseasons-hotels.com to process the direct booking which the complimentary internet wifi is included and best deal offer are available. Our staff is always pleased to assist in giving you the information at all time.

With valuable comment like yours and we do understand that the internet facilities now become very necessary for guest’s convenience, we therefore open the free unlimited internet wifi for all guests at the hotel lobby area (own device’s connection). We hope, all the explanation mentioned above make you more clear a bit from wifi issue and we also hope that our action will reach your expectation.

We all look forward to having a chance to welcome you again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Here I am in Bangkok during the last few days before the February 2 election. I’ve stayed at two hotels in the Ramkamhaeng (Huamark) area this week, and so I am revisiting my previous reviews.

I initially spent a night at the Nasa Vegas hotel, which is cheap, convenient and not that bad, but the rooms are quite sparse and also don’t have a jug or tea/coffee making facilities or decent chairs/table, and everything is extra cost, including bottled water.

Then I found I had to stay in Bangkok for a few more days, so I had to decide whether to continue my stay at the Nasa Vegas or move to another hotel. It was quite a difficult decision, as my room was OK (despite my concerns) and it is very convenient, being next to the airport train station.

However, I opted to move to the Seasons hotel about 2 kilometers away, next to The Mall, as I felt it had better facilities and was close to many shops and restaurants, although it means a short bus ride to the train station. It is slightly more expensive, but I thought it was worth it. It also has free wifi in the lobby.

I received a lovely room on the 8th floor with panoramic views. The hotel was extremely quiet (due to the protests?), but the Nasa Vegas was quite full. Not sure why this might be, but its convenience and price advantage probably were the main reasons.

So, did I make the right decision? Well, I believe the answer is yes. A nicer room, a slightly nicer hotel (and staff more helpful) but a little more expensive (just a few dollars a night). It’s worth noting that I travel with a smallish backpack, so catching a bus is not really a problem. If you have larger pieces of luggage, you would probably be better off staying at the Nasa Vegas if you wanted to stay in this area, or get a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view (there aren't many, but see my photo)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cliffie_D
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed here as part of a group tour of yatra.com. The location is not close to sukhumvit nightlife and it has no good dining and not even egg omlette is provided for buffet breakfast, no WiFi in room, etc. But friendly reception staff. Rooms are not good but the lobby looks good.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Sir:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the seasons, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 28th January to 30th January 2013 in a standard room. It was a part of a package arranged by MakeMyTrip.com. The lobby is unimpressive. The room an example in miniaturization. The bathroom quite tiny but had nice toilet furnisnings. Surprisingly along with tea-maker the hotel furnished 2 sachets each of tea and coffee but only 2 sachets of sugar.
The hotel is situated in a plot surrounded by large buildings on all side. The only window of my room opened onto the backside of another building. Very claustrophobic.
The hotel also tried to swindle me- on the 2nd evening after returning in the evening I asked for my room pass/key which failed to open the room. On reporting this to the reception I was told that the key would have to be rebooted and for which I would have to pay 250 bhats. I challenged him stating that when I handed over the same to them in the morning the pass/key was working fine and if it has been tampered it was done while in the hotel's custody and it was the hotels responsibility to return the same to the guest in working order. Then the person in the reception relented and properly rebooted it.
Again on the morning of 30th Jan I requested if they could serve me and early breakfast since I was leaving on an early morning trip but they flatly refused even though the rates were inclusive of breakfast.
The advantage claimed by being close to the airport actually turned into a disadvantage as on all my trips I was the first to be picked up and the last to be dropped thus losing about an hour on each way

Room Tip: Best to avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dasguptat
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Sir:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at "The Seasons Bangkok Huamark". I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At The Seasons, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 15th to 18th November in this hotel with 2 of my friends (the hotel was booked thru Yathra) as soon after reaching the hotel the lobby was good. After checking the room i was terrified to see the room the room was stinky i had never seen such a room in a star category hotel before. The room had 3 cots ( 2 wooden cots and 1 steel cot) and the cots will be of 5 3/4 feet if we sleep the legs will be hanging out of the bed. Apart from the bed kept in the the space left for walking is only 2 to 3 feet only 1 can walk at a time.

About the room service if i order for some food in my room it is there within 15 mins of ordering and if i asked for some service i was put on to hold and the same happened me 4 times in 2 hrs . In the reception there are asking us to come and report it personnel then what purpose the phone is for.

The breakfast had some variety of some good foods but the place they use to serve the breakfast is outside the hotel ( in the open air) where the dirt and the housefly are flying all over the place.

The valve for money is costly for this kind of hotel as it is located outside the city and it would take about 45 mins to 1 hr to reach the hotel to the city and a taxi would charge you about 150 to 200 bath. The next thing is when you travel back to the hotel no taxi will come back as the driver will not get the the return fair for him to going from this remote place to the city and the most of the drivers will charge you about 300 to 400 bath or they will simply ignore you.

To conclude i will suggest you to take some hotel inside the city as it will take about 2.5 hrs from the hotel for to and fro and 400 to 500 bath as taxi charges.

So please avoid this hotel for staying purpose as there are lot of good hotels other than this.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ThiagarajanCBE

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel (3 Double rooms) Chk In on 16th October 2013 and Chk Out on 18th October 2013.

The house keeping is the worst I have ever seen in my life in that category. After the guests Checked out they are not cleaning the bed covers properly, you can see the folds on the bed sheet.

Better I speak as less as possible about the bath room. They kept torn Towels, their margins are hanging. After complaint they gave still worst, so I shouted at them so they wanted to call the police and neck me out of the hotel, I challenged them, then they kept quite.

The Bath shower is full of Fungus, guests might get Skin infections.

What a pathetic stay I had. The Worst hotel.

I came down to Bangkok after my 2 Nights stay at Pattaya in All Seasons only, it was very good, No complaints at all against this property

Room Tip: Not worth giving in suggestions to this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind choosing The Seasons Hotels during your recent visit in Thailand and sharing your experience with us.

It is with sincerely regret to note about the unfortunate incident happened during your stay at The Seasons Bangkok SIAM. Kindly rest assured that all Department Heads concern have been immediately called for an investigation and meeting related to the case.Please accept my deepest apologies and rest assured that we will take all necessary actions to ensure that the problems are fixed and our staff responds to the guest's inquiry in proper manner.

At The Seasons, we are most concern with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of product and service we want to offer our guests.

We sincerely hope this experience does not impair your trust in The Seasons Bangkok SIAM. We are looking forward to having a chance to welcome you back to any of our The Seasons Group of Hotels again soon.