“Wonderful & high professional staff”

Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok
Ranked #85 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I and my daughter stayed at Radisson Blu Plaza - Bangkok from 15th to 18th May 2014.
The hotel is brand new and centrally located in the heart of Sukhumvit. Cannot find any fault with this property as each and every detail of interior and exterior has been perfectly designed.
27 bites restaurant serves good buffets and in-room dining service is also quick and nicely presented. I personally like the nice aroma in the room / bathroom and all other public areas within the hotel premises. It gives us a very pleasant feeling right trough out the day.

The only negative point that I have noticed at this hotel is the pool bar staff was not attentive. We were trying to place an order by the pool and nobody was available to fulfill our requirement. Basically the bar counter was left unattended for more than 15 minutes while we were waiting to place the order.

However the most important and amazing part of this hotel is the front office, house-keeping and the restaurant / lobby bar staffs.
They have got well trained and an extraordinary staffs who look after every detail of clients' needs. They are also well aware who the client is and what he/she needs !
The moment we stepped into the hotel after a long flight, I couldn't believe the way we were received by the front office staff. They went out of their way to make ourselves comfortable there. So the first impression was fabulous ! Everybody was so kind and always had a nice smile in their faces. But while attending to our matters, they were so serious and professional.

I have well noticed that this humor is lacking at most of other five-stars around the world.
But Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok is very impressive as far as their PR is concerned.

If I give 100 points to this hotel, 90 marks will certainly be allocated for the staff, especially the front office.

Room Tip: Always ask for higher floors. Though there is a supplement for those floors, less disturbances and n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chanaka A
RadissonBluBKK, Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Chanaka A,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team and in particular from our front office, housekeeping, restaurant and lobby bar staff. We are glad to know that our team has given you a great impression. I will share your comments with the team and I know that they will be really happy with the recognition. Your point on the service at the pool bar has been noted and action has been taken to improve it.

We appreciate your support of Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Peter Schuler

Write a ReviewReviews (1,944)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for two nights. I had a great sleep, the bed was comfortable and the room well furnished with a good bathroom. The breakfast range of food was amazing, however at 1,626 Baht for two, its a little expensive. Check in and out was a breeze and all staff I came into contact with were very helpful and friendly.
It is very close to Asok BTS and Terminal 21 and the nightlife is full on in this area.
I did not enjoy the pool area, it seemed so desolate, not an inviting area at all. There were no umbrellas or shade anywhere.
If I ever go back to Bangkok I will probably stay at the Park Plaza Soi 18 Hotel, which I felt more relaxed in and with a much better pool area. Also breakfast there was around 700 Baht for two, which is more realistic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank bellettboy

Dear bellettboy,

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that you find our room well-furnished, our bed comfortable and that you had a good sleep during your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast variety. We do offer other alternative options for breakfast on our a la carte menu at different price range. Your comment on the pool area has been noted.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you visit Bangkok!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I checked in to the Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok 10 days after it had opened. The hotel was in pristine condition, and absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is quite nice with a very large B/Sharp bar and lounge. The rooms were very nice, with a comfortable bed, a comfortable sitting area, and a spacious bathroom. Even the hallways were beautiful, with great color choices and interesting artwork. The hotel's in a good location in the heart of the Sukhumvit district, close to public transportation, shopping, and many other nice hotels.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and always happy to assist with anything I needed. I stayed at 5 different hotels on my recent vacation, and the Radisson Blu's service was as good as any other hotel I saw. My only problem with the hotel was due to a room service mishap. The food was good, but the service was not up to par -- both on the phone call to place the order and the delivery itself. Fortunately I didn't have any problems with the service at the hotel restaurant "Twenty-Seven Bites," where the breakfast buffet was very good.

Other than that, I had a fantastic time at the new Radisson Blu and I'd absolutely stay here if I'm ever in Bangkok again.

1  Thank Ryan P
RadissonBluBKK, Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear StanfordRyan,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the hospitality and service from our team. And thank you for highlighting the good food quality & service at “Twenty-Seven Bites”. Your point on the room service issue is noted, and we will look into this point. Your comments and compliments have been shared with our entire team.
It is certainly very motivating to know that you had a fantastic time and will be returning to stay with us in the future.

We appreciate your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Newly opened with luxarious, stylish design. Staff are nice and super efficient in attending to requests - I asked for room made-up after 6 pm and they quickly arranged so. Some of the staff even remembered my name and greeted me so when I passed by in the lobby.

With 500 THB F&B credit per night included in the promotional package, I tried the dinner as well as breakfast buffets which I would highly recommend. But beware that the credit is applicable on the check-in (but not check-out) date - it's good that the staff clarified this to me when I checked in.

The only issue was the air condition control seemed to be useless - always very cold however I adjusted the control. I needed to turn it off when I slept.

Will stay there again if I travel to Bangkok next time (if they continue to have great offer).

2  Thank YUNG_HK

Dear YUNG_HK,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that our team delivered the personalized and attentive service that contributed towards your great experience and high recommendation. We hope that you will have a longer stay the next time you are in Bangkok to enjoy more of our rooms and food & beverage options. We have taken note of your comment regarding the air condition control and will take steps to have it rectify.

It is great to know that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Bangkok. Thank you for your support!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great check in. Accomodated late check out even though I have little status with this chain. Personally escorted to my room by friendly check in staff. Was informed I was upgraded to 16th floor- a higher floor upgrade. CHECK IN STAFF EXCELLENT (friendly female staff) GREAT CHECK IN EXPERIENCE- compliments to the Radisson Blu management. This review was headed to a straight five star rating on the strength of the impressice check in experience.

NEW ROOM. Room itself is brand new. Comfortable bed. Aircon is set to a very cold 19 degrees, but turned it off and it was still okay. Still headed to a five star rating.

GOOD LOCATION. Location is close to BTS Asok station a five minute walk. Terminal 21 and Emporium are both five to ten minutes walk. So good location on Sukhumvit road.

RESPONSIVE Housekeeping is fast and responsive to request. This hotel was headed to a five star rating

RESTAURANT SERVICE STAFF AVERAGE Breakfast at twenty seven bites the hotel buffet restaurant was okay reasonable spread but nothing extra-ordinary by five star Asian standards. Staff at restaurant had much lower English comprehension than other parts, and did not seem to know terms and conditions of what is included in different room rates. Chinks in the armour of this impressive new hotel... but still headed towards a five or 4.5 star rating until...

Cockroach. Found huge cockroach in the bathroom When I mentioned this at check out. Staff was completely non-challant.

Check Out staff- male staff needed more training. Not only was there no reaction to when I mentioned cockroach- not even a simple we are sorry, to add insult to injury when I pointed out a mistake on the bill- he disputed this- I had been clearly told by restaurant staff the bill would be waived. It is not a question of $$. As the amount in question was only 500 Baht, but you do not want to feel "baited and switched" by the Hotel Staff. It should be the customer's problem that staff at reception and restaurant are not talking to each other. Furthemore, when I provided my Club Carlson card he was not able to incorporate it into the check out statement- he said he took down my number and would do it later. Not a very confidence building experience end to end. Will be eagerly looking for whether the stay makes it into my account.

CHECK OUT EXPERIENCE WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING. And hence dragged down the rating to a three from a promising new hotel.

Overall- New hotel in good location. Some towering strengths at check in and promise for the future. But cockroaches in the room is not acceptable at this level,specially for a brand new hotel. Staff needs to be better at communicating with each other. Hope they solve the cockroach problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Koreaninsingapore
RadissonBluBKK, Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Koreaninsingapore,

Thank you for sharing your insights with us. It is a pleasure to know that you have rated us “excellent” during your recent stay. We were however disappointed to hear of the issues you have experienced later in your stay and during check-out. We would like to express my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Your comments have been shared and discussed with our entire management team. At Radisson Blu we always strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction and are truly sorry that we were not able to achieve this in your case. In the future, please do not hesitate to address any issues with us directly so that we can find a solution immediately. We hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Just cheked in on 1 May 2014 - The Grand Openning day.The hotel is just few blocks from Asok station. Check-in was smooth and they even escorted me to my room. I stayed at 16th Floor and the room was great, and with a nice Bangkok city view. Hotel staff were very nice and helpfull. The buffet dinner in Tewnty-Seven was amazing and have great variety of food choices & provided free flow of wine and local beer. It would be perfect, if there was some melon pair with the ham in the buffet The B/Sharp bar in the lobby was another highlight of the hotel, comfortable environment with very nice staff gave me a wonderful experience. I have few glasses of wine during my stay. I definitely will stay here agin in the future.

1  Thank Edmond Y

Dear Edmond Y,

It is a pleasure to have you stayed with us during our opening day. We are happy that your check in process was smooth and that our staff is friendly and helpful.

We are glad that you enjoyed the dinner buffet selection at Twenty-Seven Bites as well as the comfortable atmosphere at the Lobby Bar-B/Sharp.

It is indeed very encouraging to receive good feedback from our guest. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband spent bout over 2 weeks stay here, we even suprised we were bout first guest arrival, Radisson had soft opening on May 1st, but we were already check in on april 26, yess we were came on purpose to celebrate my husband bday also our 3rd wedding anniversary here
And.. This been 9 times already we stayed in Bangkok, and this time we had really good time, having those wonderful staffs at Radisson Blu, Bangkok to help me arrange my husband bday surprise at Sirocco Restaurant, on the top 62 floor at Lebua Tower building, also feel so much home and very welcoming, compeletely different feeling, Thanks Kim Karnrum, Ai Kosaka, Narong Chadee and Monica for ur great hospitality
My husband said, Radisson became his favourite hotel, coz they way they smiling to us, makes u feels at home, also they will help u with anything u need, always clean the room anytime u asked, also they provide turn down services, nice and perfect size room, we had really good sleep during stays, really brought u beautiful memories, we were definitely will be back to stay here next time we back to Bangkok

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olvina11

Dear Olvina 11,

We are glad that you have a wonderful birthday and anniversary celebration during your stay with us. We are very happy to receive such a good feedback and it is indeed an inspiration for all our team. We are delighted that our team delivered the personalized and attentive service that is both welcoming and make you and your husband feel at home.

The team is very happy to know of your feedback and that Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok is your favorite hotel in Bangkok. We will strive to continue doing our job better to maintain our quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.