“Schhh - Don't tell anyone about Inn A Day”
Review of Inn A Day

Inn A Day
Ranked #3 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The driver that brought us from the airport was not sure he had taken us to the right place. He pointed down an alley - and said - "this is where your hotel is..I think." Truthfully enough, the alley was like taken from a movie. Small businesses waking up - everything buzzing. Yes, this was absolutely the right place.

We had been looking for something special - away from all the commercial offers. We got what we begged for. The location, view, food, service, design and dedication to the business simply got under our skin. From booking to leaving Inn a Day has been a rare pleasure. This small family run hotel is simply worth every penny. It is unavoidable to be taken by surprise.

Please try it for yourself - but - keep a low voice...(they have only 11 rooms)

2  Thank plumpfisk

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My kids (teenagers) and I stayed in this lovely hotel last week. I can't say enough good things about our stay! It is a family-run business and all members of the family were so helpful and friendly. They even gave me a ride one night to exchange an item at a store because they said it would be hard to find a taxi at that time. Breakfast in the downstairs restaurant was excellent! We also ate a couple of meals here and the food was so good! Our room (top floor suite) was incredible. It was clean, comfortable, and had the most amazing view of the river and Wat Arun! I spent every evening enjoying a drink out on my balcony while soaking in the view. If you are looking for a place to stay in Bangkok with an incredible location and the personal touches that only a family-run hotel can provide, this hotel is for you!

Room Tip: I am not sure of the view from other rooms, but the top floor suite is amazing!
1  Thank travelinglaura2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Our family spent two night three days in the city and hotel, room 5pm. From first to last minute it was a fantastic experience - unique design, fantastic location and view from hotel room, great location in close proximity to major temples and palaces, fantastic homemade food, very friendly atmosphere, quiet and very clean. We felt like home in the family led In A Day. Definitely a recommendation 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: We stayed in 5pm
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just returned from Thailand and my last night was in Inn A Day - ran by family members and they are so helpful and friendly! The mum served us lime juice when we arrived and friendly dad spoke to us in mandarin about the places etc. we reached quite earlier and they were so nice to let us check in :) the room I booked was 3pm- clean and I love the interior design! The view was amazing at night :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner and had a great meal but what really made Inn a Day shine was the family that owns it. Their sons were nice enough to show us around their beautiful hotel, including the unbelievable views of Wat Arun, and explain the interesting history of the building. Will definitely be back next time I'm in Bangkok!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The view from our room right over the river to Wat Arun was amazing every time I looked out of the window or from the balconies, it was mesmerising, worth paying a little extra for the top rooms with the balcony over the river. The family/staff were very friendly and nothing was too much for them, I am quite an independant traveller but if I wasn't they would of helped out a lot more, they can arrange everything for your stay and day trips. Room was very comfy and quirky, an excellent place to see some of the temples on your doorstep. There were a few good bars and restaurants around the alley ways close by. Pier 8 was a 2 minute walk from which a taxi boat would take you to central pier from and this links you to the skytrain to everywhere else. If I was to come back to Bangkok I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get the top rooms with river views over Wat Arun, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

All the other reviewers have said it, but I'll say it again: the family who owns and operates this place are the nicest, friendliest hoteliers I've ever met. They truly make you feel welcome in their home, and they're happy to help you with just about anything you need. Bike rental is free, as is advice on walks, massages, out-of-the-way landmarks, etc.

The property itself is also interesting and beautiful - they've taken great care in the redesign to incorporate just enough of the old industrial feel, while creating a very warm and comfortable environment for eating, relaxing and sleeping. And the views over Wat Arun are spectacular.

The breakfasts (and the lunches and the dinners) are delicious - if you go for the Thai style as I did, be sure to bring your appetite. There's lots and you'll want to eat all of it.

I also really enjoyed being in an area that's so vibrant with old-Bangkok life - there are still many operating warehouses, etc., in the area, so it's a very different experience to the skyscrapers of Silom or the tourist ghettos of Patpong and Sukhumvit.

I really can't say enough good things about Inn A Day. I've found my new base for whenever I'm in Bangkok. See you soon, guys!

Room Tip: The 'afternoon' and 'evening' rooms all have spectacular views of Wat Arun and the C...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo