“Great supermarket on the first floor”
Review of Siam Paragon

Ranked #15 of 585 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Siam Paragon is crowded, but that’s because it is located in the heart of Bangkok and it has everything: movies, shops, restaurants, even groceries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Initially I was debating about visiting this mall because I had only two days in Bangkok and wanted to have enough time to see The Grand Palace and the major temples, but then I decided to go because it was only one train station stop away from my hotel. We only went to the supermarket on the first floor; there, we got some very delicious Asian snacks and coconut juice. I took my chances and bought a couple snacks that I have never heard of before; my only regret is that I did not buy more to bring home, as I certainly had enough space in my suitcase. There are specialty sections selling various goods that are great as gifts on the same floor, as well as some eateries and bakeries with unique looking Asian goodies.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Look - this complex of malls isn't bad, it's just a wasted opportunity for your vacation.

The complex is a set of three nice higher-end malls. With a BTS Skytrain station right outside, it's is very accessible from anywhere in the city. Inside, though, expect to find mobs of fellow tourists looking through mostly the same brands that you'd find at a luxury mall back home (for the same expensive prices).

Basically, with how much else that Thailand has to offer, I don't see why you'd bother. It's not a cultural experience at all, and the shopping aficionado won't be finding any deals here. Your vacation time is precious. Don't waste it here.

1  Thank LoudMute
Reviewed 4 December 2013

l liked this mall because of the fact that it carried plenty of high-end Thai brands (Siam Center) in addition to the typical international brands (Hermes, LV etc.). There are also plenty of food options, gourmet or otherwise. Very accessible location too, although there are currently protests and some violence going on around the area so perhaps stay away till that's over.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Great mall but I really liked the food court and the gourmet food hall in the lower level. Even had a Krispy kreme!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The concierge at our hotel recommended Paragon as the place to go for a pedicure. It took us over an hour of wandering around before we could find a place in this massive building. While we searched, we came across every high-end shop imaginable. By the time we hit the 3rd floor we encountered the automobile dealers...Lambourgini, Rolls Royce, and the like. This is not the place to go if you are looking for a bargain, and certainly not the place to just nip in to pick something up. Rather, the building is an experience in itself.