Kawin Place Guesthouse
US$113
  • Pool
US$149
US$115
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 September 2013

If your looking for a nice stay in Bangkok don't stay here however if you are looking for a half decent cheap hotel on Khao San Road then this place is fine.
Its a Cheap, simple hotel with 24 hour reception & in an excellent location (on Khao San Road)
The rooms are fairly small but clean, they also have wifi on every floor (free of charge!!) most rooms have shared bathrooms, there are also no lifts with up to 5 floors (lots of stairs to climb if you are on the top floor)
All in all a good cheap accommodation if you are looking to stay on Khao San Road

Room Tip: Most rooms have shared bathrooms, there are also no lifts with up to 5 floors (lots of stairs to climb if you are on the top floor)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 23Baker77
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Cheap, simple, excellent location, 24 hour reception

Cons:
My pillow smelt terrible and when I removed the pillowcase I found what looked like mould growing in the actual pillow (see photo!). Thinking that anyone would find this unacceptable, I took it to reception and asked for a replacement only to be rudely told that there are no spare pillows in the entire hotel and was grudgingly given a towel to wrap around my pillow?!

There were also lots of mosquitos and cockroaches in the lobby, the shower was cold and the wifi was unreliable.

Would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank carolineold94
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here only for one night. It's situated at the middle of popular backpacker's street - Khao San Road. This situation gives you many possibilities to discover this part of a city and to have many contacts with other travellers here.
The room itself is not bad for one or two nights. They have windows, power outlets and lockable shower rooms on the third floor. They also have wifi at the lobby.

Room Tip: Try the last floor. it's quiet and air is little bit cleaner.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

The location in this hostel is in Khao san rd so it's near everywhere also it's kind of noisy, I asked for a single room, I was impressed because there was a towel and paper on the bed! The room was tiny but very clean, they also have wifi and shared bathrooms

1  Thank Imecmario
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very cheap but being greeted by a sign that reads 'make sure you lock your door as we have had guests that have reported thefts' is not an ideal welcome. The room had only one power outlet, the beds weren't great, the protective grate on our interior window fell off and the door had a break near the lock where there had clearly been a previous break in. You don't get a locker like in most hostels so I had the choice between leave valuables in the room or take them all in my bag which in a touristy area neither is ideal.
I get the impression most guest houses are of a poor standard on Khao San road but this one seems to be down there with the worst. I pleasantly surprised I left with all the possessions I arrived with.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends