“cute, charming hotel”
Review of Drop Inn Bangkok

Drop Inn Bangkok
Ranked #133 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 November 2011

this is not a flash, new hotel. it's worn on the edges, but it's clean, quiet, and the juliet balcony lets in a lot of light. the dining area is nice, the breakfast was nothing special but sufficient (they had bacon!) as hotel breakfasts tend to be.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank miffyninja

Reviewed 11 November 2011

The room was ok, small problem with the drains. Restaurant staff very polite especially at breakfast. Also lift seemed to be broken and one of the reception staff was a touch too familiar.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay P
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I was travellinhg from Beijing to BKK and couldn't find anything better online. I was looking for somewhere decent but definitely not expensive. It's not that the budget is tight. I really don't like paying 1st world prices for 3rd world accommodation

I know it's not The Drop Inn's problem but it's really not well known. I landed at Suvarnabhumi after 7pm and got the Skytrain into the city and got the taxi from Makassan. The driver passed it on the left and drove on down the road, turned 360 at the end and back up. Stopped to ask a security (actually my little honey did the asking) guard who said "no drop in here". I had to insist on him driving on up the road and spotted the sign on the left. It's directly opposite the sports bar down a lane.

I was expecting the wall of chill when I entered the lobby but they don't have the AC on in the lobby area. They hadn't got the booking details from Agoda when I got there so check in was somewhat delayed. The staff were very good, I know I can be a difficult customer and I feel they handled me well. They had room so there really wasn't a problem and we got up to our room on the front of the building. The room was clean and comfortable. the double bed was in fact 2 singles put together so when I cuddled in behind her I was lying on the divide and somewhat uncomfortable.

Breakfast was "included" but I went down on my own (for the second time in 12 hours) to the dining area off the lobby. Again no AC but the brekkie was ok. The bacon was all streaky, the eggs were all sunny side up and raw on the top side (no problem flipping them on the pan) and the sausages looked raw and pasty but tasted pretty good. All you can eat cereal and toast and coffee and whatever fry up you want.

The location is quiet and still convenient. I found the sports bar at the top of the lane and was able to watch Green Bay play San Diego in a real thriller (Nov 2011) and the action in BKK is a couple of Skytrain stops to the east at Nana.

I had booked it because I couldn't find anything betterbut I was staying in Thailand for 3 weeks. I asked them for a price for another week and the said to get back onto Agoda. No authority to negotiate there and then. Their loss. I'm in the Grand Inn BKK now. See my report after the weekend.

So the place is OK but not really great value, but then their job is to get as much as they can out of us and our job is the get the best value we can.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Upah0
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Good price for the location near BTS. It's simply, clean and very comfortable. We got softly service from lovely staffs as we're at home. The breakfast's delicious and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Anencha_Pitt
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I like this hotel because it is in a convenient location for shopping and it is cute. They give decent breakfast also for the price. The only thing I found out is that the wall is very thin. I have stayed here many times, but haven't noticed this since the last stay. You can hear the voice from next room easily. This hotel is good if you need a stay for a short period of time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Pias9
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I returned at Drop Inn Hotel after one year with my girlfriend. I found the same friendly kindness of the staff and the owner. The hotel looks still nice and clean, simple but very well located at a walking distance from Sukhumvit Road and Skytrain station. Still a good place to stay and good value for money

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Totons
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We are using Drop Inn, as a Bangkok base during our month in Thailand. It is clean and quiet and very near the Sky Train and Emporium Mall where every need can be met.

I must say that Drop Inn is no frills, but it is comfortable and clean and serves an adequate breakfast. It is in a little alley street so the noise of frantic Bangkok traffic is not an issue. 3 of us and our baggage made here from the airport for 500 Baht about 14 or 15 US$. We could probably find a fancier place for the money but Drop Inn is run and owned by a group of Thai women and that is an exceptionally good thing

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple