“Excellent little find”
Review of Drop Inn Bangkok

Drop Inn Bangkok
Ranked #133 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2013

If all you are after is a clean room in the right location with free wifi and is fairly cheap then this is it. A super little place where we spent a wonderful 3 nights. I think the sign of a good place is whether you would use it again and I certainly would.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon K
DropInnBangkok, Owner at Drop Inn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear Mr. Simon K.

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review and I am sorry if my response arrives quite late. We really appreciate your kind comments and your feed backs about Drop Inn Bangkok, it will definitely motivate us to improve more. Please feel free to send message to us anytime if you have any more complaints or comments. Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Very hard to communicate with the staff who only spoke a litle bit of english. Instead of accepting this the staff misguided us on several occasions. The breakfast was terrible. Located at small street with several ladies bars.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daniel s

Dear Mr. Daniel S,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review. We are sincerely sorry that you did not have a great time at our hotel and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and difficulties you had encountered especially with communication. We will surely take your complaints and study them to improve our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Located about 50m down a quiet street just pass soi 18. A 5-7 minute walk to both the metro and skytrain as well as the Terminal 21 shopping mall (which has a great food court). This area is a great improvement over the Kao San Street "backpacker/white tourist" ghetto. Lovely lobby with computer available (free) and of course WIFI in room. Super nice staff with good English skills. Great rooms with huge windows for morning sun. Very pleasant breakfast. This ones a keeper! When back in Bangkok will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with morning sun...wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank financecounselor

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a hotel review, we really appreciate your kind comments for us and they will surely motivate us to do even better in the future. Please feel free to leave us any comment or complaints anytime.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2011

this is not a flash, new hotel. it's worn on the edges, but it's clean, quiet, and the juliet balcony lets in a lot of light. the dining area is nice, the breakfast was nothing special but sufficient (they had bacon!) as hotel breakfasts tend to be.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank miffyninja
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The room was ok, small problem with the drains. Restaurant staff very polite especially at breakfast. Also lift seemed to be broken and one of the reception staff was a touch too familiar.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay P
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I was travellinhg from Beijing to BKK and couldn't find anything better online. I was looking for somewhere decent but definitely not expensive. It's not that the budget is tight. I really don't like paying 1st world prices for 3rd world accommodation

I know it's not The Drop Inn's problem but it's really not well known. I landed at Suvarnabhumi after 7pm and got the Skytrain into the city and got the taxi from Makassan. The driver passed it on the left and drove on down the road, turned 360 at the end and back up. Stopped to ask a security (actually my little honey did the asking) guard who said "no drop in here". I had to insist on him driving on up the road and spotted the sign on the left. It's directly opposite the sports bar down a lane.

I was expecting the wall of chill when I entered the lobby but they don't have the AC on in the lobby area. They hadn't got the booking details from Agoda when I got there so check in was somewhat delayed. The staff were very good, I know I can be a difficult customer and I feel they handled me well. They had room so there really wasn't a problem and we got up to our room on the front of the building. The room was clean and comfortable. the double bed was in fact 2 singles put together so when I cuddled in behind her I was lying on the divide and somewhat uncomfortable.

Breakfast was "included" but I went down on my own (for the second time in 12 hours) to the dining area off the lobby. Again no AC but the brekkie was ok. The bacon was all streaky, the eggs were all sunny side up and raw on the top side (no problem flipping them on the pan) and the sausages looked raw and pasty but tasted pretty good. All you can eat cereal and toast and coffee and whatever fry up you want.

The location is quiet and still convenient. I found the sports bar at the top of the lane and was able to watch Green Bay play San Diego in a real thriller (Nov 2011) and the action in BKK is a couple of Skytrain stops to the east at Nana.

I had booked it because I couldn't find anything betterbut I was staying in Thailand for 3 weeks. I asked them for a price for another week and the said to get back onto Agoda. No authority to negotiate there and then. Their loss. I'm in the Grand Inn BKK now. See my report after the weekend.

So the place is OK but not really great value, but then their job is to get as much as they can out of us and our job is the get the best value we can.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Upah0
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Good price for the location near BTS. It's simply, clean and very comfortable. We got softly service from lovely staffs as we're at home. The breakfast's delicious and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends