“Great *****”

Ranked #376 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Phuket, Thailand
“Great *****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2010

Great hotel great ppl work
fast service and pretty cheep

Stayed February 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

I stayed in this hotel on my last day in Bangkok and thankfully only spent about 4 hours in the room. The hotel was not cheap and the rooms were appalling! The room we got was tiny and smelled strongly of smoke. The windows did not open and the AC blew out warm air. The bathroom is dirty. The hotel is located in Nana, which is full of prostitutes and their costumer. The whole experience is disgusting. There are plenty of other hotels in Bangkok. Do not go to this one!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank cwmmh

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Seoul
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

I was looking for a place to stay as the hotel where I usually stay was not available.
I stayed there for one night only. The room are fine although a bit dark. If you are looking for a place located in the heart of the 'attractions', then it is fine. Otherwise, I would highly advice to choose another place.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2008

Chic, contemporary style hotel situated on Nana Soi 4, one of Bangkok's girlie bar entertainment districts.
The location of the hotel is along the Soi from the main stretch of bars, so not so much in your face. Although you will have to pass by the bars on foot or by taxi to look around, this need not be a problem if you take a light hearted view of things and is perfect if you like to have a drink and people watch or more.
Plenty of shops, internet, massage, market stalls, restaurants and taxis nearby, convenient for the Sky Train and about a thirty minute taxi ride to Suvarnabhumi Airport (depending on traffic)
costing about 350 baht with Express Tollway Fees.

The Hotel is pleasantly welcoming, an outside verandah where you can take a drink or eat leads to the glass frontage that separates the verandah from the modern restaurant and reception areas.
The receptionists are courteous and efficient, security for the hotel and guests seems to be a welcome priority both externally and internally, with card style locks and in room safes.
Unusually, there was no bell boy offering to take the bags to our room, whether they do not employ one or he was busy elsewhere was of no concern to us, we prefer to carry our own luggage and the lift is a few feet from the reception desk anyway.
If you need assistance I am sure it will be arranged.

Our room was of a comfortable size and spotlessly clean.
It had a king size double bed with the welcoming crisp white sheets and over blanket, very comfortable it was too.
The room had the modern wood flooring so popular in the UK these days, a 32" Sharp wall mounted LCD tv with numerous channels (but was unable to locate Star Sports or any of the channels that show premiership football), a comfortable leather cased armchair and a chair and writing desk.
There was a good sized wardrobe with interior light, a large wall mirror, a fridge with mini bar, touch control air conditioning and a number of lighting options.
The bathroom was of a reasonable size incorporating a large enclosed power shower, instant hot water from both shower and washbasin, a good sized toilet, hairdryer and toiletries.

Due to to time limitations we did not try the restaurant, it did look inviting and the room service menu was reasonably priced.

We only stayed one night before flying home but it may well be our first port of call when we return.

• Liked — Clean and modern
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank jbds
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

I first stayed here early in 2005 for one night due to the fact my uncle’s partner used to manage the front desk and obtained for me a discounted room rate (around $20US at the time). They never informed me of the surrounding area; they just stated that it was central, close to shops and skytrain and not too far a drive from the then international airport (Don Muang). These facts were all correct but I guess the biggest point they failed to mention was that the hotel is virtually next door to one of Bangkok’s biggest red light areas, NEP (Nana Entertainment Plaza). I imagine many people will find this quite off-putting. Personally, as an open-minded male travelling solo, I found the place to be quite interesting and something of an eye opener to say the least. I stayed here again for one night in mid 2007 and there had been some improvements, with new rooms added out the back. However, I would still bracket it in budget class but for around 1300 baht per night it is reasonably good value. The room I stayed in was clean and tidy but not overly big. The décor was a little drab with no great view from the window but at least it had a good air conditioner. An interesting observation was that on both my stays here I don’t believe I saw one western woman. The clientele seemed to be guys on their own, guys in groups, or guys with Thais (male, female and a cross between the two if you know what I mean)! From those observations I believe I am correct in assuming that this hotel is a sex tourist favourite. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, but with some reservations. Due to its location some will love it and some will hate it!

• Liked — The location of the hotel is quite central and has good transportation options
  • Disliked — The hotal has a bit of a sex tourist feel about it
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank Camjar
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2008

I stayed at the Dynasty Inn Bangkok on a recommendation from a friend. I only booked one night there (being my first time - I wanted to make sure that was going to enjoy my experience first). It is right next door to the Nana Entertainment Plaza which fit my needs perfectly. If you are a family and or a couple or whoever, that doesn't want to see the red light district then you should book elsewhere. The room I got was clean and suited my needs. It has a lot of wood (not paneling). Being a woodworker, I was able to appreciate the quality and care given to the wood. It was very well taken care of and adds warmth to the room. I ordered food from the 24 hour room service and it was very good and reasonably priced. It would have been cheaper if our dollar was stronger (not their fault). After my pleasant experience the first night, I asked the front desk if I could add another night. They were very helpful and found me another room. You are able to bring guests back at no extra charge (a must in my book) and the Internet access is free but you can only get signal in the main floor lobby area. This place would be great if they could get Net access in every room and if the AC in the rooms could be controlled by remote. Also would be great if their checkout time was 2pm like it is with Nana Hotel (as per their website - but I haven't stayed there yet). As a sidebar - the female staff who work the front desk are very attractive (for what its worth). Overall - a pretty good experience. If you are in Bangkok to experience Nana Plaza - this place is literally spitting distance from it. Hope this helps. I will be booking here again on my next trip. Also, I heard that they offer free airport pickup from BKK if you stay with them and also heard that they offer free or discounted shuttle service to either the Dynasty Inn Pattaya or Dynasty Resort Pattaya. Contact them or check their website before you quote me on this.

• Liked — It is Literally Right Next Door to Nana Plaza
  • Disliked — Needs Internet access in each room(not just lobby), AC needs to be controllable by remote, spruce up rooms a little
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2008

My fiance, friends and I ended up at the Dynasty Inn only because our reservations elsewhere were incorrectly booked.

The dynasty inn is in the center of a red light district. While some hotels may remain suitable despite their location in this area, the Dynasty Inn is a meeting place for girls and tourists.

There is a bar and diner on the first floor of the hotel. This is the an eye opening experience for any traveler who has not spent much time in Bangkok or other cities with such a high prevelance of working girls. My sister and I were the only female foreigners staying in the hotel that we saw. All other occupants were foreign men traveling to meet women.

Despite the nature of the hotel, we found our rooms clean and the hotel was actually very quiet. The rooms were cheap compared to other prices we were quoted.

For our group, all in our mid to late twenties, we took the experience in stride, but I would not recommend this hotel for familes!

Stayed March 2008