“Wildlife Haven in the heart of Bangkok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Swissotel Nai Lert Park

Swissotel Nai Lert Park
Ranked #116 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Wildlife Haven in the heart of Bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was our fifth trip to Bangkok. We usually stay at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers on the river but fancied a change. However, we were very pleased with this choice booked via Hotels.com and the grounds are the feature which made this a good choice. You have got a wildlife paradise to walk around with frogs, waterfalls, lizards and an array of tropical plants displayed properly with their latin name.

The whole place is spotless and the pool is very well presented and safe.

The clients were a mixture from the world's nationalities although when we stayed the hotel was hosting a conference for 3 wheeled motorcycle dealers so there were quite alot of single males.

Unfortunately between 1.30 and 2.30am plus at 3.50am one night we were woken up by banging because they were preparing the said conference by emptying two lorries of metal pipework outside our window. However, after an amount of apporpriate gesticulating using the universal language of shouting out of the window and visiting reception we received a couple of days of free breakfasts for the family by way of apology so I believe the management were genuinely sorry for this error.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you value sleep request a room away from the car park unloading bay.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank David_Jackson850
SwissotelNaiLertPark, General Manager at Swissotel Nai Lert Park, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about the hotel atmosphere, nice swimming pool and garden. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection.

Your comment regarding noise has been noted and corrective measures on our procedure have been implemented to avoid such disturbance in the future. It is only with our guests assistance and constructive feedbacks like yours that we are able to improve our service delivery. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Swissôtel Nai Lert Park Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kandy, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Cut away from all the activity, this hotel is a real oasis. A shuttle takes you to the malls and the BTS which is really convenient. Its also not a long walk if you get off from the rear of the pool and walk towards shid lom. My wife, daughter and I had a lovely 6 days - 4 and 2 with the time in-between at the Mariott Vacation Club in Phuket. Returning to Swiss hotel was like coming back home. The friendly staff remembered our names! The breakfast is never boring with an awesome array of foods - but we loved the blue cheese and smoked salmon which were in plenty! The rooms were large and tastefully designed - the only place we will stay in BKK

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about the good service and the location. We are extremely glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection. We look forward to be welcoming you back again soon for your next stay in Bangkok.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here for 9 days in an executive room on the 5th floor facing the pool room 513.

I will start with the staff, The staff were very nice and tried their best but some of the staff's English was not to good and could not understand me when I was calling front desk.But we worked every thing out in the end :) They were more then happy to help with any thing if you just ask.

Location: Location was good and bad for me, If I was by my self I would not of had a problem with the location but I travelled with my girl friend and of course all she wanted to do was shop at the markets and the markets were more then a walking distance for the ones worth shopping at. There is a department store called Central that is very close (maybe 5 mins walk )if you go out the back exit of the hotel and next to central a good food court next door and a supermarket.( not sure if this is part of central but very close). So dont get me wrong the location is not bad for every one just for me for this trip, when I travel back to Bangkok by my self I will still stay here :)

Rooms: The rooms were of a nice size and clean. Bathrooms very nice as well with good water pressure in the showers. I had my TV blow up and stop working as I was watching it and with in 10 mins I had a guy show up with a new TV and hooked it up and kept watching the show I was watching. I also had problems with my internet nearly every day but towards the end of my stay they fixed the problems and the net was no longer dropping out( this was my only real issue I had for this trip as I play online poker and it sucks for your internet to drop out then when it comes back online you have lost your money lol . The beds were most prob the best beds I have slept on in Thailand so I had a great sleep every night.The Air-con was very powerful and could cool the room very very well. The view from the room was ok lots of trees and a few buildings but hay were are in the middle of the city so it is very nice with the trees.

Executive Lounge: Afternoon Tea - (I think it was 2:30pm till 4:30pm) Had a nice selection of finger foods and non alcoholic drinks and desserts the food selection changed every day and it was always nice. The fruit they had was very fresh and lots of it to.

Executive Lounge: Evening Cocktails / Light Dinner - (I think it was 5:30pm to 7:30 not 100% sorry if wrong) Me and my partner were looking forward to having a few long island ice teas but when we got there the cocktails were just beers wines and spirits we asked for the cocktail list and we got handed a list of the spirits but no cocktails i thought it was funny and we did not care it was free booze lol so we just had a few wines was very nice red wine from Chile. The food was very nice and changed every day very small portions but very nice and there is no limit to the amount you can have :)

Pool: Pool is very nice great feeling laying by the pool wit hall the tree's and nice gardens when you are in the middle of such a busy city. If you like pools and laying by them you will love this part of the hotel.

Tennis court: All the equipment is for hire for 100Baht per person very nice area.

Breakfast: Very nice selection of food and lots of Halal food as well. I am not Muslim but lots of signs above the food saying halal might help some people out. Food was the same every morning but a nice selection so you never really got sick of the food :)

There is very nice food in the bakery that is out the front doors on the left hand side it is part of the Swissotel and has very yummy food and fruit smoothies and ice cream and lots of other stuff as well as flowers.

So to Finish this review the hotel is highly recommended by me you will love your stay.

1 Thank Michael K
Zwijndrecht, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We arrived very early in the morning & were welcomed very friendly at the reception.
The lady at reception was so nice to already show us to our room, although check in time was after 2.
Room was very clean and also spacious enough although we had an extra bed in the room for our son (age 10).
Breakfastbuffet was huge - variety for each culture
(english breakfast, dim sum, thai cuisine, etc etc)
Pool had free towels & service was excellent.
Short : excellent stay with brilliant service , great food & very friendly staff
I can recommend this hotel for sure if you are planning to visit Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MachteldCools
SwissotelNaiLertPark, General Manager at Swissotel Nai Lert Park, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about our excellent service, very friendly staff, great food and food variety. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection. We look forward to be welcoming you back again soon for your next stay in Bangkok.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is an outstanding hotel. I would not say that is 5* through out the hotel, especially judging by the first room we were given. It smelt of cigarettes, had the view to the wall and was very dirty looking, we went downstairs and explained that my husband was allergic to cigarettes and that we could not stay in the room we were given. The lady at reception explained that they had no more standard rooms left with double bed and wanted to offer us twin beds instead. We said no, as we were on our honeymoon. They did not know about this, although we stated this when making a booking. The manager was a very nice lady and said she would upgrade up to executive club , as it was our honeymoon. We only stayed at this hotel for 3 days, as we only visited for shopping at the end f our trip in Thailand, but the stay was great. The breakfast is amazing. Lots of choice and service is excellent. It is great that hotel has this lovely swimming pool, it is a clear benefit in such a busy CITY. the gardens are amazing too. All in all a great stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SwissotelNaiLertPark, General Manager at Swissotel Nai Lert Park, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about our excellent service, food variety, lovely swimming pool and amazing garden. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection. We look forward to be welcoming you back again soon for your next stay in Bangkok.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

this was our first hotel in Bangkok and it was an incredible experience, they upgraded our room for free because it was our honeymoon and were really kind and helpful.
the position is not as central but is very easy to move to other sides of the town.
the food here has the same price as in Europe so do the rooms but you totally get what you paid for, a total amazing experience.

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about our service and hotel location. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection. We look forward to be welcoming you back again soon for your next stay in Bangkok.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

It's my first time in Bangkok, Thailand and Ihad a wonderful time.  I stayed at Swissotel and  I made an excellent choice.  Service was excellent,  staff were friendly and courteous,  they have a variety of food serve at the breakfast buffet.  Room service was delivered in a good time. The Thai food was very delicious, had it almost every night for dinner. The pastries were fresh and tasty, like the honey croissant very much.  Also had late lunch at the poolside and it was wonderful.  The room was spacious and bright.  The location is very convenient and accessible. Will surely recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.  Thank you for a wonderful and memorable stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nai Lert Park for your stay in Bangkok and your great comment about our excellent service, food variety, best pastries especially the honey croissant, nice room condition and the hotel location. We are extremely glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your comments will certainly motivate us to continue our commitment for excellence and our passion for perfection. We look forward to be welcoming you back again soon for your next stay in Bangkok.