“Actually a zero star”

Ranked #779 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
singapore
“Actually a zero star”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Being a happy-go-lucky group of people, we went ahead booking this hotel even after the bad reviews on Tripadvisor, thinking that the hotel shldn't be so bad as to really host customers and cockroaches in the same room. I was fairly pleased with the location of the hotel, as it was located in the heart of the city, but 15 minutes walk away from Bangkok shopping heaven Platinum Mall.

We were greeted by friendly hotel reception with an interesting Thai accent. Remember that we are happy-go-lucky? So here I was thinking, "Hey this hotel is not that bad after all, I'm so glad tripadvisor managed our expectations so this is a pleasant surprise!"

The reception processed our booking and we were given the keys to a hotel room. We opened the door to our hotel room and to our everlasting dismay, we noticed cockroaches everywhere! On the dressing table, on the floor, we tapped the bed and several cockroaches scuttled out. I fought back my horror and we went downstairs to request for a change of room. This time the room was still crawling with cockroaches, albeit not as much as to make me request for another room change. I settled down and hoped for the best, thereafter, I went to inspect the toilet. It was a really old toilet with a malfunctioning tap and shower head. This I could live with, if not for the previous cockroach scare. But I must say I haven't seen such an old toilet before.

The very next morning, I woke up happy and alert and ready to take on the day. Therefore we went down to the breakfast room happily, thinking to have a hearty breakfast before we start the day. To our alarm, we spotted a humongous cockroach sped past the breakfast tables. The plates were not covered, and our sixed legged friend must have eaten its fill. We were not about to take its leftovers. So we went to the other table where the trays were covered and were treated to a gorgeous meal of stale eggs and tasteless sausages.

That was the only time we took breakfsat at the hotel in our three day stay in Pratunam City Inn.

The rest of the stay was filled with mildly scary cockroach incidents too uninteresting to put in this space.

To cut this long horror story short, travellers, DO NOT stay in this hotel. It is a nightmare. Its only saving grace is its proximity to Platinum Mall. And trust me, there are other hotels similarly near, and much cleaner.

PS: Oh we had requested for a pesticide spray during our stay at Pratunam City Inn, but the staff apparently did not care about our requests, as we kept seeing those creepy crawlies appearing everyday.

PPS: STAY AT UR OWN RISK.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank overwroughttraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with some friends. Wasn't expecting much because it was after all a fairly cheap budget hotel. However, to my dismay, the cleanliness was deplorable. Our first room was located at the deepest corner on the 5th floor. Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed that there were cockroaches on the floor and on the table. This was still tolerable, until I noticed that even the beds had cockroaches on them. Not surprisingly, when we complained and requested for a change of room, the hotel staff did not seem surprised and just gave us another room immediately. The second room was much better, without cockroaches crawling all over the bed, but however there were still traces of these pests on the floor and an occassional one would venture to the dressing table.

But having said that, if the hotel manages to up its game by getting rid of the cockroaches, it is actually a decent budget hotel, located within 15 mins walk to Platinum mall, and a 45 baht taxi ride away from Ratchaprarop, the station we used to get to and fro the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is the first time I stay at Pratunam City Inn. It is such a "memorable" stay until I would recommend other traveller NOT TO STAY in this hotel. The room was very dirty. It seems that the housekeeping did not clean the room and refrigerator when people check out. Have asked them to clean but nothing was done. Worst, they didn't do the housekeeping, rubbish was not throw the next day. Towel not change for the 3 days stay. We have put the towel on the floor to indicate to change the towel but they just pickup and put it on a chair to air-dry. The rooms have cockroach and lizard too.
I normally stay at the hotel next door, P2 Boutique Hotel, which is so much better. P2 Hotel is very clean and friendly staff and value for money. As this hotel is fully booked, I have no choice and try this Pratunam City Inn.
My last advice, please don't stay at this Pratunam City Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel has an unspoken rule revolving around petty inventory, including the glass bottle containing the complementary drinking water. However my room mate and I had to find out in the most unpleasant manner.

On the day of the check-out, the dustbin containing the glassbottle (which contained the complementary water) toppled and the glass bottle shattered into smithereens. Impossible to clean that up, we worried for the hotel staff's safety and informed them at the reception when we checked out.

To our horror, we had to pay 50B for the broken bottle because it was apparently re-cycleable and they get money from that. We were upset as

1. We were not informed during the check-in and there were any notifications in the room to tell us that the glass bottle was part of their inventory. This is indicative of the poor staff training or rather dual-standards practised (not warning & practising the unsaid) by the hotel.

2. On the first night, we headed down to the reception and we queried again if the water's for consumption at no additional cost. They failed to inform us about the glass bottle being part of their inventory.

3. They claimed to have kept an inventory list everyday (maybe there was communication breakdown) but it was no more than a piece of paper glued onto a notebook with the list of inventory and cost if damaged. Futhermore, my room mate and I had been bringing the bottle glasses out on our day trips and they failed to address that for the past 4 days.

In another's words, if we had just tidied the mess, we would have gotten away with the 50B. Of course, even if the bottle was 10USD, my room mate and I would be more than willing to pay if we were informed about the costs involved.

A cockroach, the size of my index finger, was spotted in the kitchen on our last night where daily complementary breakfast is prepared. We might be a little loose on our causation links but it seemed to explain my room mate and my coinciding bowel movements which sent us to the toilet every morning after breakfast- except for 1 morning we headed to ayuthaya and skipped breakfast of course.

End note is we were not impressed by the non professional service and hygiene standards we received.

Alternatively you may want to consider P2, the hotel next door with affordable massage service at 300B an hour and 500B for 2 hours.

The hotel manager at P2, A-Mei who speaks Mandarin, English, Hokkien and Thai, will gladly assist you with your problems with just a phone call. Note: She wasn't our travel agent and we are in no way afflilated to her.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank aswhy
Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Was staying in this hotel for 3 nights with friends. My friend's room aircon system is faulty and also comes without a phone. Informed reception and a room changed was done without any fuss. General condition of the room is all right with clean bed sheet, towels and other necessities.

Breakfast is only bread and fried eggs with hot coffee/teao during our stay. Nothing to shout about. You can have better food just outside the hotel - cheap and tasty.

Going to BKK shopping areas is just a short walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is for budget travelers which are not fussy with the food.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank greenarrow2k6
bali, medan
Reviewed 29 January 2012

we stay here for a night, starting from check in until check out, nothings happen..near to platinum fashion mall and pratunam market.. only walk around 10 minutes less with many stalkers around the street.. only a lil bit old hotel, but with big flat LCD.. thats awesome..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ocyd85
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 December 2011

If you're travelling to Bangkok and especially looking into fashion shopping, this budget hotel provides a simple place to sleep in. It's about 10mins walk to the Platinum Fashion Mall and Pratunam Market and the cost of the hotel is reasonable enough to provide you with a basic and comfy sleep after a whole day's outing. There's a 7-11 conveniently just around the corner.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends