“Happy stay”

Stayed here from 20th to 23rd
Happy with the stay
Friendly staff
Clean hotel
Good sized rooms and clean
Breakfast was good
Locsted near one of the most happening places in the area for clubs and other services if interested. Close to shopping areas , metro and sky train

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gadey V
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Gadey V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to learn that you were happy with your stay and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel, spaciousness of your room, our friendly staff and hotel's location.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you stay again, on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I book and stay at this hotel 2 weeks ago as I find good comment by people in Tripadvisor. So I book this hotel this time on my trip to Bangkok. At lobby area the place is nice and comfortable.
Checking into room are spacious but I found out the pillow seems didn't change it. There's a blood stain on pillow and the bath tube have stain that haven't clean it up. The air-conditioning is fine and cool. But overall the room seems starting to get ageing. Therefore at the price of hotel. You can find many nice hotel to stay in Bangkok.

Another problem is the taxi driver cheat me when I am leaving for airport that day. I saw many taxi's park outside of the hotel and when I walk out a taxi driver ask going to airport for 200baht including tollway. I didn't believe at first and I ask him again to confirm if it's that price and he say "yes". So I get in to his taxi and after arriving the airport I give him the money and he ask me for 400baht. Then I said he told me is 200 baht. So we argue and in order to waste my time I bargain him for 350b and then ok. I just want to let other tourist to be careful of those taxi's parking outside the hotel. Hope there won't be other people to fall into his trap. His car is in pink colour with the taxi number T8959.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave C
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Dave C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room. However, we are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations in some aspects. Please accept my sincere apologies.

In regards to taxis our concierge can call for a taxi which will be a metered taxi, unfortunately taxis on the street tend to fix a price which is not always fair. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

Once again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed in a superior club room, I was a little disappointed with the size of the room and the bathroom for a club room, and it was looking tired, but it was clean and the staff are fantastic and the food is really lovely. Good location.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Aufidia K,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It’s a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, food and our friendly staff. They work hard to ensure the service is up to high standard. However, it saddens us to hear that your overall experience did not exceed your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel next time you are in Bangkok.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had two nights in Bangkok before returning to the UK this week. Had the family with me so wanted a good location for going out and well as easy access to the Airport..
This hotel is nice. We had 2 twin bedded rooms on the 23rd floor. Rooms are Clean and big with lots of storage space. Rooms are equipped with Minibar, Safe, a/c, TV, remote lighting and come with a large bathroom. The Shower area has large blinded windows giving stunning views over Bangkok while you have a bath or shower. Gym in in good order and swimming pool is nice to. Breakfast very good also. Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear David892101,

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review of Grand Sukhumvit! We are happy to hear that we have managed to exceed your expectations.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we will look forward to having you stay again on your next trip to Bangkok.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel it's starting to feel old, but it's impeccably clean and well cared for.
Breakfast has just enough options. Make sure you smile and be nice at the Egg station. The cook there never had a smirk during my stay.
Room Service is affordable. Food is well presented and tasty. The portions are just right.
Check-in/out it's easy and the concierge is very helpful.
It's located near plenty of bars and restaurants, as well as the SkyTrain, two blocks away.
I would go back without hesitating.

Room Tip: High floor is a plus.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lino Macau,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback of our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay.

Once again thank you for staying at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok. We look forward to having you stay on your next visit to Bangkok.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I have to say I didn't expect this much from the hotel to treat me with such a wonderful service.
For me who just came to know tripadvisor but been travelling all over the world wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to whoever looking for a nice place to relax and enjoy your time. Room I stayed was so spacious, clean, and thing that I like the most is that I've never been disconnected from my cyber world. Free Wi-Fi!!

They have got everything you need. Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2557, travelled on business

Dear Seanjava,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations! And that you appreciated our free wifi.Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.