“Short Visit”

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #223 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights in bangkok and selected this hotel as we got a very good price of 630 hkd per night including the breakfast for 2 persons and free wifi. This hotel can be considered as a 4 star hotel with big bedrooms and is really cheap compare to some others in the same area ( sukhumvit ).
The location is located in a small and quiet street and is very convenient as just 5 minutes walk to the skytrain. Its also nice located as a lot of bars and restaurants at just a few minutes walk.
The buffet breakfast is not the best one but for the total price we got, it is ok. Just 2 or 3 little things which are not very nice like the fruit juice choice ( only 2 ) and the quality of the juices which are more chemical than natural. There is also no ham.
They have swimming pool, the only problem is the sun on it is only in morning as the swimming pool is blocked between 2 buildings.
If we go again to bangkok, we will go again to this hotel if we arrive to get the same level of price including breakfast and free wifi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear etienne c,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of your stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed hotels location, the spaciousness of the your room and breakfast at Cafe de Nimes.

Thank you for your comments regarding the juices and the lack of ham. I will discuss this with my team to see how we can improve on this.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you stay again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent 3 nights last week at the Grand Sukhumvit. The location is excellent as it's only a 5 minute walk to the Nana BTS station. From here, you can access almost all points of interest along the Siam line without having to step out. Given the traffic conditions in Bangkok, using the BTS saved us a lot of time! The hotel has big spacious bedrooms, a great gym and a buffet spread. The rooms are slightly dated, but everything is clean and functioning well. The prices being offered make this hotel an awesome deal!

Room Tip: Request for recently furbished rooms, if any
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
vikash D, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Rajat A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotels location, your spacious bedroom, the buffet at Cafe de nimes and the other hotel facilities.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel should really re-think on their name--"GRAND"--- in many things.
But they can retain the name in few, very few, things for sure.
So let me be a bit positive to start with.
Reception staff. Yes, Grand. Efficient, polite and fast.
Swimming pool. Yes, Grand. Great ambiance. Superb feel of the water.
Hmmmmm, well that's where the grandness ends.
This hotel charges quite a lot compared to the other available in this area.
And compared to the price, the experience is definitely up to the mark.
When i had checked in, my tea maker kept in the room had rotten tea leaves and water inside it. This was used by other guests who stayed earlier and not cleaned by room service.
The rooms are nothing great. The breakfast in the morning is quite depressing.
The food served are too expensive.
i would suggest to think twice before you book this place if the payment is from your own pocket and not a paid trip.

Room Tip: rooms are a bit claustrophobic and has no great view. check the rooms before you take it.
2 Thank trippytips
Dear trippytips,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we do take all feedback we receive from our guests seriously, we do take action and we use this feedback to ensure that we are continuously improving our service levels.

We hope that you will give us opportunity to stay again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had high hopes for the hotel, as the website showed some really nice pictures and due to the Accor brand 'prestige'.

My trip was in two phases, one for 5 day, a trip to Pattaya, then one day again before flying off.

The first phase of the trip was not pleasant. When I checked in, the room I was given was quite dated, the sofa was ripped and dusty, the shower curtains had black mould growing on it, and the bidet was very very dirty with a brown crust, and one of the robes had a blood-like stain on it. I informed the concierge and nothing was done, had to remind the cleaning staff when they came in instead.

On top of that, I used the taxi counter twice to catch a cab to my meetings, first time, the man got me a taxi that did not use the meter and did not have receipts. Second time, I complained, and he tried to get me to use a limousine for a short trip in the city (2.5x overcharged taxi price and 8x usual taxi meter price). When I did not agree, he called a taxi on his personal phone, who also did not use meters and had no receipt. Later on, I found out that it is illegal to do so, and when I complained, he only said it is the norm in Bangkok.

During the second phase, everything was much better. The room I was assigned, though being on the same floor, was clean and decent, and being aware of the staff at the taxi counter being a rip off, I had a much pleasant stay.

I am a Le Club member, I only remembered about the Welcome Drink after I was sent an survey email asking about it. The fact is, staff in the hotel are not aware of the Le Club Accor product, I was asked twice about my room preferences despite having made clear in my account. Generally, other than point collection, I doubt there is any other recognition from the hotel staff.

I would love to come back to Grand Sukhumvit as the location of the hotel is perfect. However, I might just be better served with being put up in Novotel or other hotels of a similar price range. Moreover, hotels outside the Accor group seem to be generally better value for money.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are generally not so well maintained.
2 Thank emocrab
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear emocrab,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we do take all feedback we receive from our guests seriously.

The team work hard every day to ensure our guests are comfortable and experience our true hospitality, and it saddens us when this is not the case. I wish you had conveyed to the team your level of unhappiness that you have portrayed in your review, as they would have resolved the issues at the time. If something is not right or if we fail at providing an exceptional level of service, we are very keen to put it right.

We do hope you will consider another stay with us on your next trip to Bangkok. We will ensure that all services and experiences are exceptional.

Tianjin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I’m a regular guest at this hotel and obviously I like it. If I would have to rate this hotel I would say it is a high 4 star to a low 5 star facility. Upon arrival you are very warmly welcomed by security and concierge staff, with a couple of “welcome back sir’s” for good measure and you feel back home again. Since my details and bookings are on file I am guaranteed by a very fast and painless check-in procedure all the while surrounded by the friendly smiles of the staff. I book the De Luxe 1 bedroom apartment and the rooms are clean, specious and well decorated. Bed is fantastic and I always sleep well in this hotel, further the apartment has everything I need with two flatscreen tv’s, safety-box, good shower, complimentary internet access and a modest small kitchen. I do agree with some other posters that the rooms are getting a bit out dated, although due to proper maintenance there is no issue at all. Location of the hotel is fantastic and you are with-in easy walking distance to the BTS, Sukhumvit road, and Soi4 with the Nana plaza entertainment center. The quality/price ration of this hotel will surprise you and hence I recommend you to give this fine and solid hotel a try on your next visit to the Land of Smiles and Bangkok in particular.

1 Thank RonaldVisser
Dear Ronald Visser,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and thank you for your loyalty. We are so pleased to hear that we have managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, the spaciousness of the suite, cleanliness and our friendly staff.

We always give importance and recognition to repeated guests like yourself. Our team always strives to make all guest stays memorable. We will look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,