“Excellent Service, Convenient Location, & Great Value”

Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
Ranked #107 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
“Excellent Service, Convenient Location, & Great Value”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The well trained English-speaking Thai staff at Ascott Sathorn were very helpful. The front desk clerks (Tukta & Ann) were happy to charge my phone for me every morning because I left my charger at home, & scanned documents for me when the business center was closed. The concierge, spa, gym and restaurant staff were friendly & helpful too. First class pool & gym facilities (Cascade Club). Award-winning Italian restaurant (Aldo's), an Irish pub, Japanese restaurant, and mini-mart.are part of the hotel complex. Convenient location near Chong Nongsi BTS Skytrain station & financial district. Great value for money!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, nicely furnished and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I was in business and staying at Ascott made perfect sense- great location and spacious rooms and one of the best hotel gyms in my experience.I also discovered Health Spa across the street- perfect after a hard day at work.

Service in Bangkok over the years has changed. It leaves me wanting a bit more.

On my second stay I encountered a problem of faulty
lock to my suite. I found the door lock unlocked in the morning and there was no manual latch. Nothing was missing but it made me uneasy, a little spooked even. I reported to the reception on my way out and I hope they will do something about it.

Having said that I wouldn't take away from the fact that it is a great alternative to hotel rooms at a great price point.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Adolphd
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staff amazing, helpful and always pleasant. Rooms are huge. Couldn't ask for more. Area is quite, cost is low for taxi's. Enjoyable stay. Restaurants at Ascott serve wonderful tasty food, service is always wonderful too. Pool area is lovely and relaxing, day or night till 9pm. Having a washer/ dryer is an added bonus. There is an oven and hot plates, but with the restaurants having good prices and great dishes we didn't cook anything ourselves! Will most definitely return and we will always consider Ascott when traveling.

Room Tip: All rooms great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilversum
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Could certainly use some modernisation in certain areas. Restaurant chairs peeling and stuck in places with tape.
A few more staff would raise the level of service hundredfold I was on crutches during my stay and there was not always someone around to help me open the large glass doors to the hotel.
The pub attached to the hotel is great for a quick cheap dinner but the brasserie was closed most evenings for private functions.
Amazing gym and fitness area although some of the fitness team seem to spend more time posing than actually helping.
We liked having an apartment as it gave us more freedom and convenience to do laundry.

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jason C, Residence Manager at Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear HilversumBigH,

Thank you for your review of Ascott Sathorn and we have taken your feedback into advisement for further improvements. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
singapore
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have been to Bangkok since 1980 and stayed in many hotels.
1st time tried Ascott in Apr 2014 and have decided it will my regular Bangkok for quite some time.
went back again last week and confirmed my decision.
the usual cleanliness and happy smiles was expected but what really struck me was the front office and concierge went above the usual expected service.
we went in and out 3-4 times daily and each time, the concierge asked if we were planning to go out and at what time?
each time we came down +/- 10mins, a taxi would be waiting without us asking.
on the last morning right after quick bfast, we had to be at the airport.
a taxi was standing by without us asking.
the concierge told the taxi-driver to go by meter which costs us only THB280+70 for highway toll.
on a weekday, we took about 30mins to reach Suvarnabhum.
normally, it would be a flat THB450-500/trip.
will continue to stay here next trips.

Room Tip: all rooms are great and well insulated from traffic noise. port and lumpini park can easily be seen...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear worldtraveller1962,

Thank you for your review on Ascott Sathorn Bangkok and am pleased to read that you were well taken care of by our Concierge and Doormen service. Please do come visit us again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our first room was really noisy near the busy road.. so we (after 2 requests..) were moved to a quieter room, which was an upgrade - this room was almost as big as our apartment at home! Awesome. This Ascott is a little faded in places but still super comfortable & luxurious. Bed super comfy, robes, slippers, washing machine etc. Good location with a Dean & Deluca nearby & Rocket - cool little cafe around the corner. The 'Pub' at Ascott is pretty grim, & food v average. Amazing gym, very nice rooftop pool area too.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear AnskyWinslow,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed the comforts and facilities of your residence; and explored the various cafes around Ascott Sathorn. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

London
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Serviced apartments are where I will be staying from now on, I feel I have wasted money on hotels around the world when this has always been available.

Hardly any tourists, this place was business like but accommodates to family's too.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff they would help you in any way possible...

Great location no mad rush of tourist attractions and 2 min walk to the bts skytrain.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, felt very safe and the views from the rooms were amazing.

Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 1988AC
Dear 1988AC,

Thank you for your review from your stay with us and am glad that you were well taken care of by the colleagues here at Ascott Sathorn. Do come visit us again soon.