“plenty of space and silence in busy and noisy BKK”

Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
Ranked #106 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
copenhagen
“plenty of space and silence in busy and noisy BKK”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My family and i really had a fantastic almost spotless stay at Ascott Sathorn.
We enjoyed the lovely pool area in the mornings and was thrilled about the living space in the apartment during evenings.
Ascott Sathorn is close to the skytrain station, and only 3 stops to MBK center, Siam Paragon complex and all the shopping hubs you need.
The apartment is very well equipped, and especially 2 room Ecutive/deluxe is very huge,- 134 kvm. of living area. 2 big bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, balcony,- especially good for smokers and amenities such as "Loccitane" products.
We were 5 people staying here in a 2 bedroom apartment, and plenty of space.
No breakfast, but no problem. There is a nice Italian or French restaurant by the pool area.
Good service generally here, we just had some problems with a defect laundry drier, but it was fixed in a couple of hour. Another issue was,- We had to check out of the apartment at 02.00 and had to catch a flight after midnight, and we only wanted a shower in the night just before going to the airport, but it seemed like they never had that kind of requests. The people in the lobby got us some towels and then we could go to the pool area to get a shower by an open shower corner, - no doors or anything, so everybody who passed by could see us showering naked. We survived and no harm done, but next time we would prefer a private shower:))))
The price here is very fair. we payed about 4200 THB per night i think,- for 5 people staying here.
I definitely go back here next time around BKK.

Room Tip: I think all apartments is perfect, but it is especially cheap if you stay 4,5 or 6 people together.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Taiwan
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed Ascott Hotel in many cities. But always feel this one is the worthy hotel of all. Next to BTS, large room, nice pool and gym. All staff are friendly and helpful. Stay it to feel like at home.

Room Tip: High level and face to swimming pool. Then can avoid the noise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank scott l
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The well trained English-speaking Thai staff at Ascott Sathorn were very helpful. The front desk clerks (Tukta & Ann) were happy to charge my phone for me every morning because I left my charger at home, & scanned documents for me when the business center was closed. The concierge, spa, gym and restaurant staff were friendly & helpful too. First class pool & gym facilities (Cascade Club). Award-winning Italian restaurant (Aldo's), an Irish pub, Japanese restaurant, and mini-mart.are part of the hotel complex. Convenient location near Chong Nongsi BTS Skytrain station & financial district. Great value for money!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, nicely furnished and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I was in business and staying at Ascott made perfect sense- great location and spacious rooms and one of the best hotel gyms in my experience.I also discovered Health Spa across the street- perfect after a hard day at work.

Service in Bangkok over the years has changed. It leaves me wanting a bit more.

On my second stay I encountered a problem of faulty
lock to my suite. I found the door lock unlocked in the morning and there was no manual latch. Nothing was missing but it made me uneasy, a little spooked even. I reported to the reception on my way out and I hope they will do something about it.

Having said that I wouldn't take away from the fact that it is a great alternative to hotel rooms at a great price point.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Adolphd
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staff amazing, helpful and always pleasant. Rooms are huge. Couldn't ask for more. Area is quite, cost is low for taxi's. Enjoyable stay. Restaurants at Ascott serve wonderful tasty food, service is always wonderful too. Pool area is lovely and relaxing, day or night till 9pm. Having a washer/ dryer is an added bonus. There is an oven and hot plates, but with the restaurants having good prices and great dishes we didn't cook anything ourselves! Will most definitely return and we will always consider Ascott when traveling.

Room Tip: All rooms great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hilversum
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Could certainly use some modernisation in certain areas. Restaurant chairs peeling and stuck in places with tape.
A few more staff would raise the level of service hundredfold I was on crutches during my stay and there was not always someone around to help me open the large glass doors to the hotel.
The pub attached to the hotel is great for a quick cheap dinner but the brasserie was closed most evenings for private functions.
Amazing gym and fitness area although some of the fitness team seem to spend more time posing than actually helping.
We liked having an apartment as it gave us more freedom and convenience to do laundry.

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jason C, Residence Manager at Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear HilversumBigH,

Thank you for your review of Ascott Sathorn and we have taken your feedback into advisement for further improvements. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
singapore
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have been to Bangkok since 1980 and stayed in many hotels.
1st time tried Ascott in Apr 2014 and have decided it will my regular Bangkok for quite some time.
went back again last week and confirmed my decision.
the usual cleanliness and happy smiles was expected but what really struck me was the front office and concierge went above the usual expected service.
we went in and out 3-4 times daily and each time, the concierge asked if we were planning to go out and at what time?
each time we came down +/- 10mins, a taxi would be waiting without us asking.
on the last morning right after quick bfast, we had to be at the airport.
a taxi was standing by without us asking.
the concierge told the taxi-driver to go by meter which costs us only THB280+70 for highway toll.
on a weekday, we took about 30mins to reach Suvarnabhum.
normally, it would be a flat THB450-500/trip.
will continue to stay here next trips.

Room Tip: all rooms are great and well insulated from traffic noise. port and lumpini park can easily be seen...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear worldtraveller1962,

Thank you for your review on Ascott Sathorn Bangkok and am pleased to read that you were well taken care of by our Concierge and Doormen service. Please do come visit us again soon.

Thank you and regards.