“A hotel that stood out”
Review of Hotel Icon Bangkok

Hotel Icon Bangkok
Ranked #119 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A friend recommended me to stay at Hotel Icon for my Bangkok trip, so yea I decided why not try a new place and for a good 7 days.
When I first arrived at the hotel, I noticed that the hotel appeared almost exactly like how it looks like in the photos provided, which was good as a lot of other hotels have their photos enhanced and it differs a lot from how it looks like in real life.

I personally liked the lobby as I prefer hotel with bigger lobbies. It gives me a better sense of security than a hotel with small lobby and no staffs at the front desk sometimes.
The staffs were all smiley, welcoming and warm. (Just except for a particular staff)
There is a major difference when you are happy and worked from your heart as compared to just working for the sake of working.
The vibes that the staffs give you makes you feel cheery already.
I observed that one buggie driver was very helpful asking tourists pulling luggages walking along Soi 2 if they were looking for hotels or they needed a ride while fetching us out to Ploen Chit center.
In a way the staff maybe trying to market for the hotel but again from another perspective, he maybe extending their service out to people who ain't even staying at the hotel.

The hotel comes in a 78 rooms with a rooftop swimming pool and a bar and a mini gym.
There is a restaurant and a bar in an open concept together with the hotel lobby.
The food prices were reasonable and affordable and good.
I have tried the American Breakfast, the salmon steak and basil pork with rice from the restaurant and I can say the quality of the food exceeded my expectations, of course comparing apple to apple.

I was assigned to the iconic room but requested for the superior room instead as I preferred carpeted flooring.
Rooms were spacious, clean with a modern decor.
The bathrooms as well.

The beds were comfy with clean sheets, I slept soundly for the 6 nights that I was there.
Bathrobe and bedroom slippers were provided which is a plus point for it.
One downside was that the warm water wasn't warm enough for me but it could be because I'm used pretty warm water back home.

Location wise, it is near Ploen Chit center and there is a buggie that will send you out to the centre which was of walking distance to the Ploen Chit station.
McDonald's, Starbucks and supermarket(Villa Market) are available at the Ploen Chit Center.

It was a splendid stay and I would certainly be back to the hotel when I travel to Bangkok.
Had small chats and came to know that the hotel is not 100% up yet, so I will be looking forward to the end product.
Cheers to the entire hotel management at Hotel Icon Bangkok.
There will certainly be more to improve on but strive on yea~

Mik.C

Room Tip: Choose the superior room if you prefer carpeted floorings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MkcMik
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear MkcMik,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We always want to make sure that our service stands out and something of its own for our guests to experience and I do apologize if any particular staff of ours was not up to par. This is something that we certainly will improve upon.

None the less, thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. Our hotel have just open recently so some of our facilities are not 100% yet. We will continue to work on them and I am sure that next time you visit Hotel Icon Bangkok you will experience everything that we have worked on! :)

Hope to see you back with us again very soon! :)

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

High Ceiling Lobby. Great Atmosphere- Brand New!
Was On vacation with my friend, actual trip was 4 nights stay in Bangkok, but extended our trip to a 7 nights stay due to amazing comfort service provided by each staff in the hotel.
Easy access and to travel around, with the purple golf cart to Pholoenchit Center and then another 5mins walk to station. Cozy Room, comfort bedding amazing breakfast set menu, able to choose one from 4 sets provided. Room Service team was quick and very friendly. Had couple of meals at their outlet, Cino Bar & Bistro, the salmon steak, Chilli meat Pizza were outstanding delicious! Totally recommend to all guests must try!

Enjoyed the sunset view from the rooftop pool bar known as the Violet Bar along with their happy hours promotion on beverages.

Perfect hotel for friends & family! Amazing service by staffs and YES Will visit agian next month. Recommended hotel!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taiii3344

Dear Taiii3344,

Greetings from Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment about our hotel and outlets!

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Bangkok and your time at Hotel Icon Bangkok!

Hope to see you back with us soon! :)

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a frequent visitor to Bangkok this is my new favorite hotel. The hotel is conveniently situated near Skytrain and shopping areas as well as close to nightlife but still in a quiet area. Many hotels in BKK has nice staff but the people working in this hotel are clearly outstanding in hospitality. The hotel design, standard of the room, the restaurant and the superb Margaritas served in the bar will stay long in my memory. With hoping this good qualities are not only a honeymoon experience due to the hotel is brand new I really recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Goran N

Dear Goran N,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We are very happy to be your new favourite hotel in Bangkok! Service is one of the very important thing that we pay attention to. We always want our guests to feel relaxed and enjoy their stay in Bangkok with us. The best reward for me personally and my staff is to see all our guests smile and happy. Reading comments like yours means we have succeeded in what we want to do and it will only keep us motivated to do better!

Hope to see you back at Icon soon! :)

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first time in Bangkok and a friend of mine recommended me Hotel Icon. I could not have been more pleased with the results especially this is my first visit. I was definitely not expecting high quality service from this recently opened boutique hotel here.
I was welcomed with fresh drinks and a refreshing cold towel upon arrival. This was automatically a great plus since the weather in Bangkok is outrageously humid. There's a great atmosphere with people who actually care about their guests and are willing to help.
The location is great as the other reviews have stated. The shuttle to the Pholeonchit station, walking distance to the BTS, and very convenient to Paragon, MBK, and Siam.
Normally, I'm not into hotel dining, but the Cino Restaurant here is suburb. Fresh ingredients, good variety, and good price.
Overall, this is a great hotel for any type of guest. Will definitely make this my go to hotel for myself and for my friends and families.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jennifer K
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Jennifer K,

Hope you are doing well! :)

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment! We are very happy to know that we were able to help make your first time in Bangkok even more enjoyable!

We always want to make sure that all our guests leave the hotel with a smile on their face and reading your comment and all the other wonderful comments keep us very motivated.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Icon Bangkok again soon! :)

If you have any inquiries or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Wishing you a wonderful day! :)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Superb location....very close to everything on Sukhumvit road.
Close to the shopping, night life and everything inbetween
Attentive staff.
great rooftop pool
Rooms are extremely well lit and spacious
very good value for money
highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank fingerbang32
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear fingerbang32,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and very pleased to know that you had a great time staying with us at Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We hope to see you back with us again! :)

Amornthep S.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here with friends in the month of June. The location is great, right next to the JW and walking distance from the MTS stop. The staff were excellent and always on hand to make our stay more comfortable. It is brand new so everything is clean and comfortable. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank samm2211
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear samm2211,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

I am very delighted to read your comments about our property and ever more pleased to know that my staffs were one of the reason that made your stay even more comfortable!

Hope to see you back here again! :)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good location, friendly staff, free shuttle bus to Ploenchit Center, large clean room with big TV and enough amennities. very quiet at night but noisy during daytime because of Condominium construction opposite the hotel. I like this hotel and I'll come back again if I've chance. I think it's the new choice for staying at Bangkok and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Corner room in front of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank MeawGarfield

Dear MeawGarfield,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about Hotel Icon Bangkok! Hope to see you back here with us again!

Amornthep S.