“Modern, stylish and affordable boutique hotel in central Bangkok”
Review of Hotel Icon Bangkok

Hotel Icon Bangkok
Ranked #111 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just come from a 4 day stay at the Hotel Icon in Bangkok which provided an excellent service in a fresh, brand new setting. We were warmly greeted from the start with a welcome drink and fresh fruit. This set the tone for our wonderful stay in the city. Our room was bright and spacious with excellent facilities - great bathroom and comfortable beds.

The hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city with a skyline pool and small but complete gym. A great place to relax after time in the city.

The breakfast was superb and dinner in the hotel's restaurant offered a great variety of western and Thai dishes, all delicious and plentiful.

I would recommend Hotel Icon to anyone visiting Bangkok - great for a first time visit or for regular visitors to the city. It's clean, comfortable and stylish with attentive staff! Thank you very much!

Room Tip: I had a look at rooms situated on all the floors and they are all comparable in size and facilities...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ExplorerJon
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear ExplorerJon,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review for our property! We always want to ensure that our guests leave our hotel feeling happy and with a smile on their face and your review echoes what we thrive for and it is what keeps us motivated to do our very best.

We hope to see you back here with us again!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Discovered by tripadvisor ranking (16th best in Bangkok), Hotel Icon in Bangkok is the best option for any type of traveller who desire to combine best location but in a luxury establishment.

Brand new, their rooms are large, well designed and the amenities are superb!!

The staff is attentive, professional and since the first moment you feel at home. The welcome is absolutely a delight moment which introduce you in a real boutique concept.

The restaurant cook one of the best chicken fried basil leave i had in my life but beside traditional Thai recipes, there are also good international food (do not hesitate to experiment their salmon fish and their steaks).

The swimming pool at the roof floor and their views to the Bangkok skyline is the perfect moment to enjoy a drink in heaven. Perfect after a busy day of a city that never sleeps.

Best in Bangkok!! Best value!!

Room Tip: Icon Rooms with direct access to the swimming pool and Gym.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pabs2001

Dear Pabs2001,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

I am very delighted to read your wonderful comment about our property and also very happy to hear that our staffs are keeping up with making sure that our guests feel like they are at home.

We hope to see you back here with us again!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A friend recommended me to stay at Hotel Icon for my Bangkok trip, so yea I decided why not try a new place and for a good 7 days.
When I first arrived at the hotel, I noticed that the hotel appeared almost exactly like how it looks like in the photos provided, which was good as a lot of other hotels have their photos enhanced and it differs a lot from how it looks like in real life.

I personally liked the lobby as I prefer hotel with bigger lobbies. It gives me a better sense of security than a hotel with small lobby and no staffs at the front desk sometimes.
The staffs were all smiley, welcoming and warm. (Just except for a particular staff)
There is a major difference when you are happy and worked from your heart as compared to just working for the sake of working.
The vibes that the staffs give you makes you feel cheery already.
I observed that one buggie driver was very helpful asking tourists pulling luggages walking along Soi 2 if they were looking for hotels or they needed a ride while fetching us out to Ploen Chit center.
In a way the staff maybe trying to market for the hotel but again from another perspective, he maybe extending their service out to people who ain't even staying at the hotel.

The hotel comes in a 78 rooms with a rooftop swimming pool and a bar and a mini gym.
There is a restaurant and a bar in an open concept together with the hotel lobby.
The food prices were reasonable and affordable and good.
I have tried the American Breakfast, the salmon steak and basil pork with rice from the restaurant and I can say the quality of the food exceeded my expectations, of course comparing apple to apple.

I was assigned to the iconic room but requested for the superior room instead as I preferred carpeted flooring.
Rooms were spacious, clean with a modern decor.
The bathrooms as well.

The beds were comfy with clean sheets, I slept soundly for the 6 nights that I was there.
Bathrobe and bedroom slippers were provided which is a plus point for it.
One downside was that the warm water wasn't warm enough for me but it could be because I'm used pretty warm water back home.

Location wise, it is near Ploen Chit center and there is a buggie that will send you out to the centre which was of walking distance to the Ploen Chit station.
McDonald's, Starbucks and supermarket(Villa Market) are available at the Ploen Chit Center.

It was a splendid stay and I would certainly be back to the hotel when I travel to Bangkok.
Had small chats and came to know that the hotel is not 100% up yet, so I will be looking forward to the end product.
Cheers to the entire hotel management at Hotel Icon Bangkok.
There will certainly be more to improve on but strive on yea~

Mik.C

Room Tip: Choose the superior room if you prefer carpeted floorings.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MkcMik
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear MkcMik,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We always want to make sure that our service stands out and something of its own for our guests to experience and I do apologize if any particular staff of ours was not up to par. This is something that we certainly will improve upon.

None the less, thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. Our hotel have just open recently so some of our facilities are not 100% yet. We will continue to work on them and I am sure that next time you visit Hotel Icon Bangkok you will experience everything that we have worked on! :)

Hope to see you back with us again very soon! :)

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

High Ceiling Lobby. Great Atmosphere- Brand New!
Was On vacation with my friend, actual trip was 4 nights stay in Bangkok, but extended our trip to a 7 nights stay due to amazing comfort service provided by each staff in the hotel.
Easy access and to travel around, with the purple golf cart to Pholoenchit Center and then another 5mins walk to station. Cozy Room, comfort bedding amazing breakfast set menu, able to choose one from 4 sets provided. Room Service team was quick and very friendly. Had couple of meals at their outlet, Cino Bar & Bistro, the salmon steak, Chilli meat Pizza were outstanding delicious! Totally recommend to all guests must try!

Enjoyed the sunset view from the rooftop pool bar known as the Violet Bar along with their happy hours promotion on beverages.

Perfect hotel for friends & family! Amazing service by staffs and YES Will visit agian next month. Recommended hotel!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taiii3344

Dear Taiii3344,

Greetings from Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment about our hotel and outlets!

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Bangkok and your time at Hotel Icon Bangkok!

Hope to see you back with us soon! :)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As a frequent visitor to Bangkok this is my new favorite hotel. The hotel is conveniently situated near Skytrain and shopping areas as well as close to nightlife but still in a quiet area. Many hotels in BKK has nice staff but the people working in this hotel are clearly outstanding in hospitality. The hotel design, standard of the room, the restaurant and the superb Margaritas served in the bar will stay long in my memory. With hoping this good qualities are not only a honeymoon experience due to the hotel is brand new I really recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Goran N

Dear Goran N,

Greetings from Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We are very happy to be your new favourite hotel in Bangkok! Service is one of the very important thing that we pay attention to. We always want our guests to feel relaxed and enjoy their stay in Bangkok with us. The best reward for me personally and my staff is to see all our guests smile and happy. Reading comments like yours means we have succeeded in what we want to do and it will only keep us motivated to do better!

Hope to see you back at Icon soon! :)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first time in Bangkok and a friend of mine recommended me Hotel Icon. I could not have been more pleased with the results especially this is my first visit. I was definitely not expecting high quality service from this recently opened boutique hotel here.
I was welcomed with fresh drinks and a refreshing cold towel upon arrival. This was automatically a great plus since the weather in Bangkok is outrageously humid. There's a great atmosphere with people who actually care about their guests and are willing to help.
The location is great as the other reviews have stated. The shuttle to the Pholeonchit station, walking distance to the BTS, and very convenient to Paragon, MBK, and Siam.
Normally, I'm not into hotel dining, but the Cino Restaurant here is suburb. Fresh ingredients, good variety, and good price.
Overall, this is a great hotel for any type of guest. Will definitely make this my go to hotel for myself and for my friends and families.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jennifer K
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Jennifer K,

Hope you are doing well! :)

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment! We are very happy to know that we were able to help make your first time in Bangkok even more enjoyable!

We always want to make sure that all our guests leave the hotel with a smile on their face and reading your comment and all the other wonderful comments keep us very motivated.

We hope to see you back at Hotel Icon Bangkok again soon! :)

If you have any inquiries or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Wishing you a wonderful day! :)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Superb location....very close to everything on Sukhumvit road.
Close to the shopping, night life and everything inbetween
Attentive staff.
great rooftop pool
Rooms are extremely well lit and spacious
very good value for money
highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank fingerbang32
Amornthep S, Owner at Hotel Icon Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear fingerbang32,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and very pleased to know that you had a great time staying with us at Hotel Icon Bangkok!

We hope to see you back with us again! :)

Amornthep S.