“Amazing experience”

Ranked #425 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had a wonderful 4D3N stay at The Eugenia Hotel! From the meticulous furnishings to the helpful and friendly staffs, everything was so amazing! This colonial style hotel is situated inside of Sukhumvit Soi 31 with many interesting cafes along the soi like Simple Natural Kitchen and Appia Italian Restaurant. I am blown away by the efforts they put into the decorations and interior, each part of the hotel is picturesque and visually attractive. I would love to hold my wedding here in the future!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear AlisonLim,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed during stay at The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

The team and I wish you all the best and hope that we can serve you again in the near future.

Phanuphan Buasuang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I did not stay at The Eugenia, but as I was walking around Sukhumvit I stumbled upon it and decided to check it out. I was captivated immediately by the colonial chic decor. Since I was not exactly smartly dressed I was a bit taken aback by the elegance of the place and was not sure to feel comfortable there even for just a drink. Immediately, an extremely polite lady invited me to enjoy the pool area and have a drink there. She also said that I was most welcome to have lunch at their restaurant, which I obviously did. Very good food at reasonable prices. Very attentive staff. I enjoyed every minute of three or four hours that I spent there. True luxury.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Josepfrombcn
Dear Jocepfrombcn,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

No matter what you are our hotel guest or not, we will provide the best.

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed our place, as well as the food and beverage at The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

i love the design of the toilet door. we tried HI TEA set but pretty small. the scones in the siam hotel better. the room bed is classy fashioned. the dining experience was perfect. the garden so so. the collection of vintages car make this hotel looks very sweet from outside. the pool are prettty bad looks like nobody want to swim there

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Krishna,

Thank you very much for your review!

I note your satisfaction with our service, hotel’s facilities and I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Please rest assured that your complimentary comments will not create complacency, instead you have inspired us to maintain our level of service for valuable guests like yourself.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Eugenia Hotel and Spa.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Fancied something a bit different for the hotel this time having stayed in many ordinary (boring) hotels in Bangkok. There was nothing boring about the Eugenia, really interesting decor / theme inside and out, and lovely people working here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Herb_Wang
Eugenia-HM, Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Herb_Wang,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed The Eugenia. The team is delighted to know that the products and service was up to your standard. I have passed this on to my team to encourage them to continue striving for greater service.

Michiel Bartels
Assistant General Manager
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

During a recent trip to Bangkok with my boyfriend, we randomly selected this hotel from a list of boutique hotels obtained from a travel blog on CNN.com. Upon arrival to The Eugenia, I knew it was a special place. The 19th Century hotel is nestled in the middle of Bangkok, a surprising twist for us first-time visitors. Throughout our entire stay, we were presented with the highest level of customer service that I have ever experienced. The General Manager, Olga, the Assistant General Manager, Michael, and their entire staff made us feel as if we were the most important guests in the hotel. From being greeted with refreshing coconut drinks during check-in to having our every need and request met to perfection, this staff goes above-and-beyond to ensure their guests have an enchanting experience. The hotels itself will make you feel as if you have time traveled, and you get to experience this wonderful piece of history first-hand with its beautiful hardwood floors and exquisite antiques furnishing each room. The hotel's swimming pool is stimulating with its icy-cold water and green tiled finishes. Lounging next to the pool with a coconut drink in hand will make you feel worlds away from the hustle of busy Bangkok. We ended our stay with dinner in the hotel restaurant. The dishes were presented beautifully. We had the sea bass and rack of lamb - both were delectable! I recommend The Eugenia with the highest regard. It was a truly enjoyable and memorable experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony access. You can step out of your room for a view of the street below.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marina F
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Marina F,

Thank you so much for your kind review about our special place in the middle of Bangkok with your most kind words about highest level of customer service that you have ever experienced. All our staff is so delighted and grateful to hear about your enjoyable and memorable experience in The Eugenia Hotel & Spa! It was great pleasure for the team and I to have been able to serve you throughout your stay with us. Thank you again for choosing The Eugenia Hotel & Spa and looking forward to be enchanted again with your return visit!

Olga Kovshanova,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

between historical and business district, this hotel is well located (close to historical sites and modern business places and malls). Beautiful building with a 19th century style (member of the Relais & Chateaux network). Great service : reservations for hotels and shows, good advice on where to go out for dinner, availability to write down everything in Thai (very useful). Fluent team in English. The only drawback is the breakfast is not sufficient (only one cup of coffee and eggs, for the US$ 8,00 option).

Room Tip: The rooms on the back have a nice view on the pool, but they don`t have a terrace. The front rooms h...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Cedricplot,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments to our location and great service! We are constantly striving to improve our services to delight our guests and to ensure that they are well-cared for and enjoy not only The Eugenia but their stay in Bangkok in general.

Your feedback on our breakfast is very useful and much appreciated. Most of our guests reserve the room with breakfast already included to the room rate to receive great value from set with a tier of daily fruits, fresh yogurt and mini cereals, in house freshly baked toast & viennoiserie with homemade jams, fresh juice and coffee or tea, in addition to a choice of à la carte dishes individually prepared for each guest by our breakfast chef.

Thank you again for your kind review and suggestions and we are looking forward to greeting you again in your mansion in the heart of Bangkok!

Olga Kovshanova
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently stayed here with a friend of mine. Upon arrival we were greeted by a few different staff members, along with two ice cold young coconuts, to enjoy while filling out some paperwork. While drinking our coconut water the manager came by to introduce herself and welcome us to the hotel - very lovely lady.

The attention to detail at The Eugenia is unfathomable. Each and every component to the hotel has to have been well thought out. Each room was rich, but homey, and country yet chic. Our room was above and beyond, the bed, the bathroom, the gorgeous flowery balcony, the cookies and fruit! Heaven.

The pool was beautiful - although I did not get a chance to enjoy it. And the breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel...quite a spread.

My two complaints - the shower was a bit awkward....you couldn't just stand and shower. And the hotel was a bit further away from the BTS than I would have liked. Otherwise the hotel is very unique to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ashley z
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Ashley z,
Thank you very much for your kind words about the each and every component being well thought out, as well as our gorgeous flowery balcony and cookies which are freshly cooked by our own creative bakery chef Khun Song.

Though we proud to offer our guests unique experience of indulging in our special hand-made bathtubs we are really sorry that you found our shower a bit awkward, as well as location from BTS a bit further than you would like.

We are very grateful again for all your kind words about The Eugenia Hotel & Spa and and looking forward to be honored again soon with your return visit in “Heaven” with the charm and elegance of a bygone era!

All the staff and I at The Eugenia remain always at your service.

Olga Kovshanova