“Decent Accommodation Sukhumvit Soi 11”

Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok
Ranked #243 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles, California
“Decent Accommodation Sukhumvit Soi 11”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 for 3 nights in January 2014. I asked for a late check-in, upon walking in the front desk reception was friendly and quick to take my information and issue the key cards. Upon walking into the room it had a musty smell like the room had not been aired out for sometime. The room is of decent size and clean. There is a kitchen with a stove, microwave, sink and small frig. My reservation did not come with breakfast, not sure if any offer breakfast. There are however many places to eat and drink nearby the hotel on Soi 11. There is a restaurant/ bar next to the hotel that offers room service. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi in the rooms and has computers for guest to use in the lobby. There is a lap pool on the roof and gym. The hotel is located about a 5-10 minute walk down Soi 11 from Sukhumvit road and Nana BTS station. During the day there is a courtesy tuk tuk that will drive you to Sukhumvit road.

During my stay I had an issue with the a/c making a loud noise in my original room and could not sleep at night. I asked for a room change and the new rooms a/c also made noise and there was mold in the bathroom. In the lobby there is glass separating the hotel and restaurant. Kind of weird having people watch you waiting for the elevator while they eat.

Overall my 3 night stay at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 was average. I am never happy to change rooms only to find that the room I have changed to has the same issue. It is a bit of a walk up to Sukhumvit road. I have come to Bangkok many times, on my next trip I will try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor in the rear of the hotel to avoid loud street and bar noises.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Lanikai_808,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations with regards to the aircon noise despite the room change. Our Housekeeping & Engineer Manager has been notified to attend to the discrepancies. We apologise that we have fallen short in meeting your expectations in these areas.

With regards to breakfast, please note our brand website offers room packages inclusive of breakfast.

We value your feedback and we will continue in our improvement efforts to deliver excellent service to our residents.

Once again, please accept our profound apologies and we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Nowaratana Y| Residence Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel. It was good value for money - nothing flash but clean and roomy enough for our family. We were a bit worried as our room was next to the lift, but got no noise from it. We did however get to hear the local nightclub's music, but it wasn't to bad. The view from our window was nothing to speak of, but the bird droppings over the windows were a bit off putting. The reception staff were all very helpful. It is in a well located tourist frequented part of town with lots of restaurants and bars to choose from. The free tuk tuk is also handy for a quick trip down to the main part of town. The biggest downfall we found with this location is the cartel taxi drivers who were asking a small fortune to take us back to the airport. They could see us waiting with our luggage, and each taxi that stopped was told not to pick us up by the head of the taxi maffia. In the end we needed to pay their rates to get to the airport, It really did tarnish our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Aussietez,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and your invaluable feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that most of our facilities and services met your expectation. Your feedback will certainly encourage our staff to go the extra mile to serve our residents better.

Our Housekeeping has been notified to do the necessary cleaning of the windows and to attend to the discrepancies. We apologize that we have fallen short in meeting your expectations in this area.

With regards to the taxi drivers out front along Sukhumvit road, our Security will look into this matter.

We trust you had a pleasant trip home and now look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, soon.

Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 23 January 2014

good location if you want to enjoy bangkoks vibrant nightlife
rooms average, bathroom far to small , little worn but good pool for relaxation.
swift check in and check out without any hustle
overall you find better deals in this city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear chefinasia,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting us as your preferred accommodation choice.

Thank you for your valued patronage. From all of us at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, we look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced residences.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I liked this place from the first moment I saw it. Pity the same couldn't be said for the street the first time I saw it, however it did grow on me.

We did arrive at night when the bars (and some drunks) were in full swing. I would rather to not have seen people overindulging in booze at the bar downstairs, especially as I arrived with the kids.

The hotel/apartments themselves were very good. At least the one I got was good (the same can't be said for my sister's apartment that came with an accompanying bad smell from her bathroom). The only thing was the main bathroom's water was luke warm, although the secondary bathroom was good.

Cleaners came everyday and were friendly. Rooms themselves were furnished nicely. Flat screen TV was nice and it had a DVD player I believe that my son could plug his hard drive into and play his legally downloaded movies from.

Staff were very good and helpful. They can easily organise transport for you, although the street is full of taxis (including van taxis) to take you anywhere.

I used the self serve laundry several times - very convenient. Ask the lobby for tokens (90 baht each). Gym and pool were on the same level as the laundy (8th floor then upstairs). Used the gym almost everyday. It is small and not all the equipment works as it should, but it also has free weights which seem to do the job. Pool is small but it is nice just to lie by it on the lounge chairs and look over the other rooftops. One of my sons was doing this everyday with his headphones on listening to his music,

Street itself eventually grew on me because there was a lot of entertainment and food on it. We like some street food so we had at least one meal from the street vendors. This could be fried noodles, deep fried chicken, meatballs on sticks, chicken on sticks etc. Never got sick once. Some of the items I saw I wasn't sure about, so I was a princess when it came to those items.

There were a few small supermarkets on the street so we frequented these to stock up on milk, croissants, bread, jam, cereal, eggs, bacon, drinks of all sorts including beer.

There were numerous bars, nightclubs and restaurants on the street as well which were also well utilised. We had our family reunion Christmas dinner at the German Beer House which was good. The cooks may not be german but there were several germans in the restaurant and the german beer on tap was good. Food also was good with the schnitzels and I can recommend the pork knuckles. This did bring back memories of my time in Austria and Berlin.

One of the nightclubs was thumping out doof doof music until 3am and it was noisy from the 4th floor. If you're a light sleeper, this will not be good for you. The Irish bar downstairs actually serves food to the hotel 24 hours, which was very handy for my brother-in-law who utilised their services on several days in the wee hours of the morning.

The street itself was very close to the Nana BTS station (5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel), but I would say the pathways aren't always easy to walk on as I think my 17 year old could lay pavers better than what I saw, so if you have a stroller or pram, it could be quite a trial. The streets and footpaths can get quite busy too. Sukhimvit Soi 11 comes off the main Sukhimvit Road which is a very busy road and has the BTS above it. It is also on this road that there is the Terminal 21 shopping mall (which is about six or seven levels high) and has quite a number of shops. This is about a 10 minute walk, unless you stop and check out all the street side market vendors on Sukhimvit Road in the evening to stock up on fake Prada, Gucci, Bulgari items etc.

Overall great place to stay (unless you're a light sleeper). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms may be quiter but as the neighbouring nightclubs are on rooftops, this may not be so.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean L
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Sean L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share us your remarkable stay experience at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for your gracious comments and details about our services and facilities as well as the overall atmosphere of Sukhumvit soi 11.

For light sleepers, our staff are more than happy to assign rooms facing away from the noise in order to get a good nights sleep.

Once again, thank you, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok.

Warm Regards,

Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and we loved the location of the Citadines. We did use the free tuk tuk everyday to get us to Nana station and Terminal 21. The walk for an adult to Nana station was approx. 3 minutes, but with kids could take approx. 5 minutes.

We had a 2 bedroom on 8th floor but the master bathroom smelt like sewerage. The staff did their best everyday but the smell would come back. After 5 days we were moved and it was great. All staff were fantastic and friendly.

The pool was good and the kids loved it.

If looking for laundry service, when you walk out turn right and walk about 50 metres. You will come to a bend where a deli is and it's about 4 shops on the same side of this 7/11 place. 100 baht per kg.

Villa supermarket is about 2 minute walk. Turn left as you come out of Citadines. It opens 7am to midnight.

There is Mulligans pub downstairs and I was fine with any noise and it was minimal. I did bring ear plugs for my brother who was on the 6th floor as he is a light sleeper, but he was in such a deep sleep from all the shopping during the day, so noise didn't bother him.

There is room service and this is prepared by Mulligans, very reasonable prices.

I would definitely stay here again as price was great for Christmas period.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Lulufluff,

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the invaluable feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your comments with regards to the unpleasant smell in the bedroom. Our Housekeeping Manager has been notified to attend to the discrepancies. We apologize that we have fallen short in meeting your expectations in this area.

We wish you and your family a pleasant trip home and look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, soon.

Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Citadines Sukhumvit 11 isn't going to win any prizes for architecture (resembling in some ways a larger Japanese business hotel) but it's well located in the soi being a pretty easy stroll from Nana station.

It's also - all things considered - excellent value for a decent sized, simple and agreeably decorated room.

Check-in was a breeze but the tired hallway carpet raised a few initial concerns. The room itself was fine. Decor is simple with lots of Tolomeo style lamps and the usual tasteful abstract print placed above the bed.

Smallish shower and bathroom. The soap dispenser decided to fall off the wall at my first attempt at a shower. Water pressure just OK.

As I asked to be at the back of the property the view was directly into a neighboring building. On the positive side though it was a quiet space - only the muted throb of a subwoofer could be detected in this busy entertainment area.

The club sandwich ordered from room service (Mulligans pub) was substantial and tasty.

I missed breakfast ending up at the pleasantly médiocre Au Bon Pain franchise which is a short walk away.

Aside from my wrestles with the shower dispenser, it's hard to fault my short stay. Good value in this central location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GreyMarl
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear GreyMarl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok on TripAdvisor.

Your observations with regards to the soap dispenser falling off in the bathroom. Our Housekeeping Manager has been notified to attend to the discrepancies. We apologize that we have fallen short in meeting your expectations in these areas.

Your comments with regards to the carpet looking tired has been noted and looking for it to be refurbished in our future renovation project. We seek your patience and understanding as the recommendations may require time to be implemented.

Do kindly tell us in advance of your future visits so that we may assign one of Studios with a better view of the surroundings.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My stay was nice and comfortable. Excellent value for money. Excellent facilities, nice clean place. Good, courteous people. Irish pub on the ground floor is a fun place to relax. Highly recommended. Affordable with star facilities.very well located.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sudeep_ghosh
nowaratana_y, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Sudeep_ghosh,

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay experience with us .

Mr. Sudeep_ghosh, we will continue in our efforts to deliver excellent service to our residents.