“Safe choice”

Dynasty Grande Hotel
Ranked #317 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Highly recommended middle class hotel. I stayed in this hotel on several occasions before, and it has never disappointed me. This time I had a great deal, 3 nights in a grande deluxe room for just under 7500 Baht (same price in fact as when I came here the first time in 2009) and it was worth every Baht. Close to Skytrain, entertainment, restaurants. The soi where the hotel is situated however is really quiet. I am really surprised that the hotel is only in the top 250 of hotels in Bangkok since based on location and price I would rank this as a top 30 hotel. I will definitely consider to return to this hotel on my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We return here time and time again - and its still a belter. Great rooms, great bathrooms and great service - simply a cracking hotel in the heart of all that is Bangkok. The only thing - no extra beds for children, even though there was more than sufficient room for one (or two actually)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ali-Ludwell
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I having been traveling to and thru bangkok for 13years now I can honestly say i have stayed at about 40 different hotels in and around the sukhumvit area. By far the Dynasty Grande has been my favorite. You have to remember when judging this hotel that you must judge by asian standards and not local from wherever you may come from. Its location is excellent and i have always found the staff to be attentive to my needs. This hotel is part of a chain that has 2 other properties on soi 4. All three are good hotels that meet a specific need. I prefer this one as it is close to the nightlife but quiet enough that i would bring my family to stay here and not feel worried about my children being exposed to the nightlife. The only thing i would say is do not let the hotel staff get a car for you as it will be about 3 times the cost of just walking 100 meters to the main road and flagging a taxi. Other than that I enjoy everything about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Surprisingly quiet given its location close to the colourful nightlife of Sukhumvit Road. The infamous Nana Plaza is five minutes walk away, as is the Nana Skytrain stop.

For tourist attractions, especially temples, you'll need to take the Skytrain and then a riverboat - doable but not especially close. The big shopping malls at Siam are very handy though. There are three ATMs immediately outside the hotel, and plenty of taxis waiting, although if you're looking for a proper Thai massage, a tailors shop, or a decent restaurant, these are all in walking distance.

Rooms are very large, if a bit plain, and everything in mine worked as it should (including wi-fi). Lighting levels and controls in the room could be better, but I notice this with many hotels. The minibar wasn't excessively expensive, but 7-11 is only a few minutes walk away. I used the laundry service and this came back neatly pressed for a reasonable price, although I could have probably saved money at one of the many launderettes in the area.

The reception staff are very friendly, speak good English and greet you with the famous Thai smile. As a solo male traveller in an area like this, I was pleased to see they were looking out for my security at all times; very guest friendly. While it seems a safe enough area, it wouldn't be my preferred locale for couples and families.

I had a few (Thai) breakfasts and one dinner in the hotel restaurant. It's neither big nor special, but it's pleasant enough, the food is good and the staff are usually helpful (not up to the same standards as reception though).

Overall, a well run hotel with spacious rooms and nice staff, a good hideaway in a crazy part of this huge, hot metropolis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked the Dynasty Grande for 4 nights after I went their and looked at it. I had stayed at all the hotels on Soi 6 and thought I'd check out the last one. It seemed like an ok maybe 2 star hotel in a good location. After I checked in, my plans had changed and I had to leave sooner than expected. I stayed one night and they were very firm on their no refunds policy. So I stayed one night and was charged for four. I would have thought paying an extra day would be palatable, but they did not agree. If your plans may change, I would avoid this hotel. There are also better hotels in similar price ranges just across the street and on the same side of the street. I won't go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The location of the Dynasty Grande is what appeals to me, you are right 'in the thick of it' with all the hustle and bustle of Sukhumvit and the very close proximity of the Nana Skytrain but also tucked away down a quiet Soi.
Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms nicely appointed, this is certainly a hotel I would consider again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Tucked away on Sukhumvit Soi 6, you get a nice mix of a quiet hotel close to the NaNa Skytrain station. Rooms are huge with huge LCD TVs and great shower and bath. Having stayed here a number of times, I've always had a good experience. Pool and Gym also super features.

Only quibble is the the price has been edging up over the years and while still a fine hotel it doesn't offer the value it once did.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo