Dynasty Grande Hotel
Okura Hotels
US$106
US$93
Travelocity
All reviewsnana plazabay windowbloom cafegood sizesized poolquiet hotelnight lifeshort walklarge bathroomwalk in showerreception staff areroom servicedeluxe roomsukhumvit areaquiet streetenjoyable staynice swimming pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Not cheap, but you need a quality hotel before a long journey home. The food was good and they were renovating and modernising rooms. The staff were good and the cleanliness was excellent. The location is very good.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheHandThatBites
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for 6 nights in May 2014. A clean, secure and comfortable hotel within easy walking distance of public transport (Skytrain), shops, restaurants and nightlife in the Sukhumvit Nana area. Some 25 minutes by taxi from the airport, the hotel is located in two interconnected seven story blocks in an end-on rectangular site on Soi 6, a small one way street dog-legging from Soi 4 to exit on Sukhumvit. (Pedestrians can also access from Soi 8 via the sub-soi past the Lolita Bar). The hotel is wheelchair friendly, with lift access to all rooms. Reception is manned 24/7 by helpful and efficient English-speaking staff, who offer guests free WiFi on arrival. Rooms are centrally air-conditioned, spacious and well-furnished, maintained and equipped including safe, tea/coffee making facilities and hair dryer. Towels and bed linen are changed daily. Third Floor rooms are best for easy access to the unsupervised outdoor swimming pool (standard depth 1.2m) where guests sign for pool towels. Pre-swim showers on site, but no toilets, locker rooms or changing facilities. My stay was on a room-only basis, but there is a small café/restaurant open to the public on the ground floor which provides room service for guests and is open 24/7 for meals if required. In sum, a small, quiet hotel effectively catering for international business and tourist visitors.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and well-insulated, with effective black-out curtains. The 3rd Floor is best for guests using the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MikeH462013
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were here 4 day for a family holiday in this hotel. Good restaurant and nice breakfast. Spacious rooms with view, very good bed, beautiful swimming pool. All the shopping mall are near to the hotel i would recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ronymartnez
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This will be my new place to book when I want to stay along Sukhumvit Road near Soi 4. I was very impressed with how well-designed this hotel is for the type of traveler who would be visiting this area of Bangkok on holiday. You are within a short walking distance from the 'action,' but sleeping in a clean, modern, hotel that is tucked away in a quiet, adjacent neighborhood. Moreover, the rooms have everything you need. The management has really thought things through. I always felt safe whenever I was on-property or walking to and from. It is about a one-block walk to Soi 4 from the hotel's entrance. There are some high-rise apartment buildings in the hotel's immediate vicinity. The front desk is staffed 24/7, and they speak English well.

The driver dispatched by the hotel to pick me up at the BKK airport during my stay in January 2014 was highly professional, spoke excellent English and kept his car very clean. It was a pleasant journey into the city, even with the detour he had to take because of the political protests. He knew his way around, and I was at the entrance of the Dynasty Grande Hotel in no time. Both check-in and check-out at the front desk went very smoothly. In fact, all of my interactions with the polite, front-desk staff went very well. My compliments to them!

My guest room was perfect for my needs. Plenty of space, with all the appliances and accessories I needed. I used and enjoyed the hotel's internet service in my room and did not experience any interruptions in service. The bathroom was well-equipped, was of good size, and there was plenty of hot water for showers. The refrigerator was plenty large. The bed was comfortable. Curtains over the windows can be used to darken the room fully, if you want to sleep during the daylight hours. My room was on the same level as the hotel's outdoor swimming pool. The swimming pool is very clean and inviting. The restaurant downstairs will bring up drinks at your request. Pool towels are plentiful and easily available for guests.

Across the covered driveway and just steps from the lobby are two service businesses; one is a place to receive hairstyling and grooming services, and the other offers a massage menu. The hotel has a small restaurant on the ground floor, adjacent to the lobby, which is pretty much open all day. I had breakfast there each morning. I enjoyed the food and the morning newspaper. One of the servers seemed a little bored with her job, but the cooked food arrived hot, and she brought me the things for which I asked.

I believe the same group that own this hotel also owns the nearby Dynasty Inn and The Dawin, both of which are along Soi 4. I have also stayed at The Dawin and liked it too. The Dawin is a somewhat longer walk from Sukhumvit Road, however. I was thoroughly pleased with the comprehensive and full-service hospitality offered by the Dynasty Grande and look forward to returning here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Stan O
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great location close to everything you need within a 5 minute walk, just far enough to have no noise from the close by night life. This was the 3rd time the staff are outstanding check-in easy friendly smiling helpful and the cleaning ladies on floor 5 kept the room spotless. The pool is good size and for the first I used the gym every day was very well equipped. I think if it had breakfast included would just top it off.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family