Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$260
Okura Hotels
US$106
US$93
4,186 results
All reviewskhao san roadrooftop poolsoi rambuttriair congreat locationgrand palacerooms are cleanrestaurants and barsstreet foodwat phonight lifecouple of nightsmin walkthe rivertuk tukkhaosankhoa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I travel to Bangkok each year and never ever usually book a hotel however my flight was arriving late at night so i though i would save myself the hassle and have something to go straight to when i arrived (or so i thought it would be hassle free)...
My flight was late and i didn't arrive at the hotel until midnight. I made my reservation for a standard single room which was 730 bhat per night. When i arrived my room had been double booked so they upgraded me to a deluxe single room, fine nothing wrong with that. They wanted a 1000 Bhat key deposit which through booking.com did not specify that it needed to be paid in local currency cash only. I made the booking via credit card and showed her the option i had selected and that it did not state cash was only accepted. The girl refused to deal with me, not accepting $50 or $100 Australian money until the morning. Instead she sent me off to a different road entirely to find a money changer that was open. After walking around i discovered the place she meant and it was closed. I returned to the hotel and informed the girl at the reception again. She then sent the luggage handler with me again to the same money changer only to discover yes it was still closed. By the time i got back a second time it was 12.45am. Feeling very hot and stressed after a 13 hour flight i advised her i would need to go to another hotel if she did not accept the Australian money overnight. Finally she agreed to a $50 deposit. When she took the money she got me to sign a little book where the WHOLE page was full of others who had left foreign currency as the deposit. Too tired to argue the stupidity of this staff member i went to my room at 1am.
The apparent upgrade for the money was terrible and poor value for money so i would hate to see what i would have got had i not had the upgrade.
This hotel is in a perfect location and is quiet but the staff are ridiculous and can't think on their feet, they are also rude and pretty much don't care about the guests at all. Its overpriced and i wouldn't recommend anyone stay here. There are so many other hotels for the same price with excellent service and facilities . In fact for the same price the next day i booked into the Rikka Inn and had a lovely stay with a far more beautiful pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Me and my wife approaced the receptionist of the hotel to inquire for availability of the rooms. They are nice to us actually. But when a BLACK GUY inquired they were not welcoming ,rude and not nice to the guest.

The black guy got mad and some altercation happened and threats were spoken to each party.

We should not tolerate this kind of service.With out tourist like us they cant earn anything!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank james m
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very reasonably priced & right in the backpacker area next to the Khao San Rd. The street it's on, Rambuttri, has a lovely selection of cheap restaurants, small shops & market stalls. Taxis & tuk tuks are always available to take you wherever you want to go & if the city heat gets too much they have a lovely rooftop pool to cool off in. The room wasn't huge but it was big enough with a clean bathroom & good air conditioning. We will certainly stay here again on our next Bangkok visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights, and loved it! The whole hotel surrounded this beautiful court, full of tress, a fountain, and cafe tables. Very pretty. The staff were helpful and friendly. And the breakfast was amazing! I was impressed for SE Asia, plus it was included. So much to choose from, and western style bakery as well.
The room was small and basic, but the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean. I can't complain. The rooftop pool was the best! So peaceful up there, and really pretty! Nice view as well.
The location is great - close to Khoa San road, but far enough away that you can have a good sleep!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michel V
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Room was basic and tidy. Only thing we wished we had was a fridge to keep our water cold but they dont offer fridges. Has a safety box and a powerful air con but was bit noisy. Bed was ok appeared clean. Bathroom adequate. Walk outside the hotel and your in a nice courtyard that lights up at night and the road off this opens into a night market with plenty of food stalls, cafes, restaurants and bars which connects to Khao san road night market which makes location fantastic for shopping and eating inexpensively. Taxis and tuk tuks close by for transport. Seven 11, atm, foreign exchange and internet cafe outside the hotel door pretty much.

Room Tip: Choose room on the second floor 223
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple