“Poor service”

Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza
Ranked #280 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed for more than 3 times in this hotel. Everytime the experience got worse. The last time I lost my iPad in the plane so I asked at the reception if they could help me out with calling Thai numbers and explaining what happened. However, nobody helped me out.

The rooms are fine and clean. The location is good as well. Our room was on the first floor close to the elevator, so it was very noisy during the night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lennart S

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice and big hotel really near from the Khaosan Road, but it's quiet. Our bedroom was very clean and we had everything we need in it.
The pool on roof was nice but it closes too soon, because when you're arriving from your day walking around the city, it's already closed, think it closes at 18:30.
The hotel was fully booked at the time I was there and with a lot of people in a waiting list, but altought the service was always nice.
I really recommend it

Room Tip: The last floor is better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the last two nights I was in thailand, rooms were small to say the least, and didn't have a fridge or a shelf anywhere! The receptionist was also not very helpful when we were trying to sort out a taxi to the airport on our final night. However, the breakfast provided was brilliant, large selection of items, stick to the orange juice as the tea and coffee weren't great! Would probably stay here for a single night again but no longer.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This is the ideal hotel to spend 2 or 3 nights and visit the amazing Bangkok. It is very close to the most popular attractions of the city as the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho) that can be reached by walking. Then, the hotel is close to famous Khao San Road, where you can shop, eat and drink and have some party time at night. Easy to reach by taxi from Phaya Thai station, the breakfast in the morning is very nice and the price very competitive. We suggest it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carlo G
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here on my last night before heading back to the airport. I will say, for the positives, the location is fantastic and the rooms were quiet. I say "rooms" because I stopped for an hour nap shortly after checking in, and woke up with two bedbug bites on my leg. After one hour! Upon checking the sheets and the floor, I found insect sheddings all over. My legs were fully covered under the tight sheets, so it was not mosquitoes. I went to the front desk, and they laughed in my face and told me that it was just ants (because that's better). Then they wanted to make me go up with them to check it out, four floors carrying a very heavy pack, to which I said no, and when they came back down they told me they saw nothing. I showed them my bites. They simply went and got some salve for me without ever acknowledging how they came to be there. Then they said, with great emphasis, "Just for your convenience, to give you peace of mind, we will change your room."
The second room was fine. Clean sheets, quiet, nice shower, working aircon. No complaints at all about the second room. But after the treatment by the staff and my experience with the first room, it would not be worth the gamble to go there a second time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Good location, lots of places to eat and drink but off the main plaza so quiet , clean, comfortable , roof top pool was added bonus after sightseeing , will be staying here on our way back if we can get a room . Go to proper taxi stand when arriving at airport as they put meter on and take you to hotel , taxi from don meung airport tried to take us to his hotel until we insisted we had already paid for our hotel .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin&yvette
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on two different occasions whilst travelling. Both stays were efficient and just what I wanted. Located right by Khoa San Road, the strip of Bangkok. It is a 3 minutes walk but far away to not be disturbed by any sound whilst sleeping. The rooms are clean and average with ensuites, perfect if you are on a budget and just stopping in Bangkok for a couple nights. It is about an hour away from the airport and the hotel will book you a taxi to the airport for a good price. The hotel has a 7 Eleven right next door, a restaurant, travel agents, massage parlour and other little shops in it's plaza.
I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay here again if I return to Bangkok!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo