“Great Location and Value”
Review of Honey Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Honey Hotel
Ranked #384 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
cambodia
“Great Location and Value”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here with large group of friends in Feb 2013 and was perfect for our stay. Room deco is dated but it part of the hotels charm. Aircon in room worked well and room was clean. I stayed in Deluxe room 2nd floor overlooking the pool. You can walk to Terminal 21 shopping mall in 5 minutes. Terminal 21 has excellent food court on 5th floor called pier 21. Enjoyed that Breakfast (5-6 choices on menu ) is available until 2pm with good Asian Breakfast options. You can book by sending email to honeyhtl_company@yahoo.co.th

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Two issues - the most miserable and insolent office girl you could meet; a stark surprise in a culture that smiles so readily. Generally Thais are very friendly - and are very good at acting friendly even if they don't feel like it. Not so here.
Second issue: a huge building project immediately adjacent to the hotel. By immediate I mean centimeters, not meters. Jack hammer pilling starts at 8pm and continues until 6pm. I first stayed in the Honey in 1984 - have always considered it a home away from home - how times and things change! My last one night stay was on 13th March 2013... my last stay :)

Room Tip: Choose another hotel :)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Gerry l

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2013

after wanting to break my trip to thailand up i was reccomende honey in bangkok, clearly the recomendation was from a friend who hadnt stayed here in years. it was definently central and priced well...But at what price if living in filth comparable. On arrival i was greeted by to say the least a very unfriendly office clerk. And then told my room wasnt ready even tho it was 3 in the arvo, an i was to wait in the foyer for an hour. Only to be finally taken to my room were it stunk of mould, damp, sheets were dirty, bathroom had mould all through it, toilet still had faeces attached to the bowl, wiring hanging out every were, an walls and carpet a time warp of the 60s. Then due to my feeling unwell with the start of a cold, i decided to check filters in the aircon, only to find them as black as the ace of spades an mouldy, i had to clean them. Breakfast was a joke, small,primative and cold... never never again would i ever darken thy doorstep...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank kellygardiner
San Francisco
Reviewed 18 December 2012

A good option for a quick Bangkok layover. The bed was comfortable and the room was reasonably clean. Went for non smoking on the 3rd floor for 900 Baht. Kind of a unique "old school" ambiance, but not a good choice for a family. Nice wide hallways and an open staircase. Better than most hotels under a fire or evacuation scenario. The pay per minute outside vendor WiFi system was an unexpected low point. Overall, though, this is a pretty good value. Got a ride back to the airport from a long-time hotel employee. It was very interesting chatting with him about the American political landscape.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trad_Master
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 December 2012

During my recent visit in Bangkok, I insisted to stay 2 nights at the Honey Hotel for a very personal reason. I have stayed here for a year or so as a child in the 70's when it was a GI hotel. I have fond memories of this hotel where I have spent lots of time in and by the pool - perhaps I have even learnt swimming here. After 40 years, it was very exciting for me to return and more exciting to discover that I actually recognize it! The pool was just the way I remembered it - this has not changed - maybe the floor tiles have been replaced, a tree a remembered is missing, electric cables that perhaps where not there before - but all in all, it was the way I have treasured it in my memory :-)

I enjoyed staying here - the staff were friendly. The air-conditioning in the first room we had did not work, and at 2am, we went to the reception telling them we could not sleep and immediately, they organize another room for us and a staff to help us with our lugguage.

The cleaning staff were very friendly and honest.

We were advised a few times to lock our doors no matter how short time we leave our room, so i assume there are some problems about this, although we did not encounter any. In the night, I have seen white men coming back with thai girls, so it could be true that this is kind of a hourly hotel for "play" but it did not disturb us.

The area is superb - you can't be more centrl than Sukvumvit.

On our last night, we celebrated by buying various street food and organize our own private dinner by the pool with a bottle of Moet Chandon, drinking and eating out of plastic cups and plates. No one told us off, instead . they were very helpful. Any other other would have been unhappy that we have brought outside food to consume by the pool! GREAT ATTITUDE :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eurasian68
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Whenever I stay in Bangkok, I usually end up back at Honey Hotel. It's hard to beat in terms of value for money (although prices have just gone up this month!) Still, nice rooms, very central and OK staff.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WillyHily
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The Honey Hotel is located behind the Robinson Department Store/Westin Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 19.

The cheapest rooms are 800 baht single and are located behind the parked cars in the parking garage. The price list said their charge for an additional person is 200 baht. The cheapest rooms in the main building are 900 baht. These rooms do not include an in room refrigerator and you need to pay at least 1,000 baht to get a room with one. All rooms have air conditioning and t.v. The t.v. has only 14 channels including two English Cinemax and HBO and BBC news as well as some Thai channels. The bathrooms have tubs and hand showers. The hook to hold the shower head had the water hit me in the stomach so needs to be held to be used properly. You get soap and a small shampoo and bath foam bottle.

You get one complementary breakfast coupon per room per night at the attached restaurant. You get a choice of 5 different breakfast sets for the coupon which includes toast, coffee or tea, orange juice, and a main course such as eggs and bacon or noodles.

One big problem is there is no free WiFi. You must buy a WiFI card at 50 baht for 30 minutes, 100 baht for 70 minutes and 200 Baht for 150 minutes. So it can get expensive quickly.

The hotel does not have its own web site but there is one run by someone else. They respond promptly to emails.

Very few rooms have any view except the most expensive ones at the front of the hotel. I took a picture of the floor layout which I include with this review so you can see that most rooms are essentially interior (there is a small atrium at the rear of the room). The rooms on the side have no view either. The garage rooms are not shown on the floor map.

The hotel is three floors but there is no elevator so anyone with difficulty with stairs will need to walk up at least one flight unless they are staying it the rooms in the garage. The hotel does have a small pool off the lobby.

I stayed in one of the 900 baht single rooms in the main building on the outside of the third floor. Though my bed was comfortable, the room smelled horribly and have a very strong ash tray smell. The horrible smell, lack of a room fridge and fee WiFi had be move after one night.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family