“Stay here but beware”
Review of Honey Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Honey Hotel
Ranked #413 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here every time I've visited thailand. Sometimes 3 times in a year. Usually love it here. My recent issue is a/c went out had move to another room. Then that one went out. Had move again. Then had move again because the last room was a more expensive room (300 baht more). I ask please let me stay this room for regular rate room so I don't have to move my things for a third time. They said "no". No loyalty or appreciation for regular customers. I had to move again. No discounts, no I'm sorry. This really kinda ticked me off. Not the way I would treat my regular customer!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed here several times now over about 10 years - and it has not changed. The pool is great, the location is perfect, and the rooms that I have been in have been either very good or ok. My Thai wife and I were there in July 2013. We had specifically requested a room overlooking the pool. Price was 1400bht. This is good value for money - but there are other rooms in the hotel which are not so good - i.e. dark with no view. I will definltely be staying there again - but the length of my stay will depend on whether or not I can get a room overlooking the pool (the bonus is you can hang washing out the window). Airconditioining was excellent. There is nothing wrong with the restaurant attached
Max - New Zealand

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is a must. The basement rooms are a must to avoid. Get a Thai waitress in your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Max A
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Honey Hotel is the place I have stayed when in Bangkok for several years. A friend, who visits Bangkok more often than I, first introduced me and it just became my choice because it was familiar. The price was low and the quality was reasonable.

Things have changed. The staff is as friendly as usual with the exception of an older lady at the desk whose behavior is strangly hostile. The gentleman who checked me in said something about the included breakfast that I asked him to repeat. When he explained I needed to get a coupon from the front desk in the morning, the strange woman scolded me that I could not have breakfast in my room. I chalked that up to a misunderstanding of some sort, but then remembered a recent review mentioning a nasty woman on the front desk. Ah, well time to get to the room.

The smell of mildew in the room was overpowering as I entered. The two day visit was allergy hell, so if you have allergies, be warned. I checked in on Friday evening and went out shopping Saturday. The room was made up while I was out but the maid pulled the stopper out of the bathroom sink and left it out, sitting in the sink. The result was a small fly infestation that was more annoying than anything, not really a big deal. They were easily disposed of as they walk more than fly. Much worse was the very large swarm of ants that invaded an open pack of peanuts after I fell asleep. When the noisey aircon woke me in the middle of the night I found them in the bed with me as well as covering the night stand.

There is no wifi at the Honey Hotel, nor was there cell phone reception in my room.

The room was 1,100 baht. There are many places much nicer in the same price range, give or take a couple hundred baht. Soi 8 looked promising and I booked a place there for a future trip.

I won't be staying at the Honey Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank subtlesquire
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Whenever I had been to Bangkok, I stayed in Honey Hotel. I stayed in January 2011,
September 2011 and recently in April, 2013. I really enjoyed the hospitability. The location is superb. Everything is available nearby. Very convenient place to go main main places. The complimentary breakfast is sumptutuous. Rooms are very clean and in a very cosy atmosphere. I recommend everyone to stay in Honey Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 112sanju
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old, smells bad, dark, and horrible. Not so clean. They charge you for the Internet, only one brakfast is included, the other person must pay 120 B. and Breakfast wasnt that good, only eggs, toast and coffe, no frut. Location is Amazing though.
If I would have payed 12 dollars a night I wouldnt mind that is old and smelly, but for 40 dollars that I payed its a rip off.
I wouldnt recommend that hotel, there are plenty of options in the area and even in the same block.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank alexacme1
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here with large group of friends in Feb 2013 and was perfect for our stay. Room deco is dated but it part of the hotels charm. Aircon in room worked well and room was clean. I stayed in Deluxe room 2nd floor overlooking the pool. You can walk to Terminal 21 shopping mall in 5 minutes. Terminal 21 has excellent food court on 5th floor called pier 21. Enjoyed that Breakfast (5-6 choices on menu ) is available until 2pm with good Asian Breakfast options. You can book by sending email to honeyhtl_company@yahoo.co.th

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Two issues - the most miserable and insolent office girl you could meet; a stark surprise in a culture that smiles so readily. Generally Thais are very friendly - and are very good at acting friendly even if they don't feel like it. Not so here.
Second issue: a huge building project immediately adjacent to the hotel. By immediate I mean centimeters, not meters. Jack hammer pilling starts at 8pm and continues until 6pm. I first stayed in the Honey in 1984 - have always considered it a home away from home - how times and things change! My last one night stay was on 13th March 2013... my last stay :)

Room Tip: Choose another hotel :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo